Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vrao123

Computer won't boot up after installing OS X Mavericks with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

1 post in this topic

I "successfully " installed OS X on my dell latitude e6400 with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] mavericks. To get to installer, I needed the ddst.aml from another cite to get to it. I am stuck at this screen after rebooting:

Ps I am a core 2 duo, bios a34, Sata at ah I, and all bios settings identical to a macs

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MadFive
      Hello!
        I'd like to ask for some help with the installation of OS X 10.11.6 on a Dell latitude E5430. The problem is, that I can't get to the installation screen. More precisely, when I get there the screen glitches out so I can't even start the installation. After connecting the laptop to an external monitor the install screen appears with a cursor but the screen is still completely unreadable... I'm not an expert but I think the problem is somewhere in the video support... So I've tried several guides and fixes but none of them worked for me. (I managed to get past a missing IOBluetooth panic by using a patched dsdt)   With a combination of different config settings, dsdts and kexts I managed to reach the installation screen but only without any input at all... After fixing the input problem the screen was gone again...   Do you have any similar experience? Please help if you have any idea for a solution! Thank you in advance,   MadFive   SPECS: model:    Dell latitude E5430 resolution:    1366 x 768 CPU:    Intel Core i5 3320M / 2.6 GHz (SandyBridge?) GPU:    Intel HD Graphics 4000 memory:   8GB Boot Loader:   Clover 4128 files:
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxw0nqNU5VKFUDF0OUFUM0dSY0k
    • By AppleHackDan
      macOS Sierra 10.12.3 on a Dell Latitude E5440
      A full installation guide. Now 50% Easier

I needed a real hackintosh that was on the latest version of Mac, had UEFI, and had QE/CI. So this was my only option.

Thank you:
      Rehabman,Mickey1979,Herve,The mods at OSXLatitude, that's all I can think of right now

What is NOT working right now

Card Reader
      Video Out might not be working, I cannot check currently

What is working

Wifi
      Audio
      ALPS touchpad and PS/2 Keyboard
      QE/CI with an Intel HD 4400
      DVD/RW drive
      All USB ports (including USB 3 ports)
      Sleep works OOBE

Note: If you have the one with a Nvidia card, disable it in the BIOS or use the nv_disable=1 flag in clover

PRE-INSTALLATION (BIOS + MBR ONLY)

Requirements :

A USB Flash Drive with at least 8 GB of storage usable that you don't mind formatting
      An environment that runs macOS/OS X. I used a previous laptop with OS X Mavericks on it to make my image. A VirtualBox VM will also work well.
      Install macOS Sierra.app in /Applications

1. Make sure your flash drive is formatted into the HFS+ file format. I personally used Disk Utillity. Name the partition Installer.

2.Download Pandora's Box

3. Download the MBR Patch

4.Click on Create Installer

5.Find 'Installer' under Select a Volume

6.Click on the [...], and find the installer.app. It should be located in the Applications folder.

7. Under MBR patch, make sure to select parent folder that CONTAINS the MBR patch

8. Click Install

9. Once it's done installing, don't remove the flash drive from your computer, we have a few things to do.
      ------------------------
      1.Download the latest version of the Clover Bootloader.

2.Make sure to install Clover to the USB drive. Pandora's Box has renamed your USB drive to Pandora Installer

4. Click Customize, and make sure that UEFI only is checked off.

5. Make sure Install Clover in the ESP is checked, Driver64 is Checked, and Boot0ss is checked. You don't need any themes right now.

6. Install Clover

7.While you have your EFI partition mounted, extract the EFI.zip onto the root of your flash drive. It may ask to replace the contents in EFI, click YES. This will install the kexts, config.plist, and dsdt that you'll need to be able to boot to the installer.

8.Reboot your device and plug in your flash drive into the Latitude. When your computer boots, mash your F12 button. Make sure not to break it. When it pops up do NOT go to the UEFI boot option. Under legacy boot, hit enter on USB

9.If all goes well, you should be on the Sierra install screen. I did not know if the PS2 kext would work when being in the clover kexts. So I decided not to put them.  Which means your trackpad isn't working right now. Use a USB mouse and keyboard for now.

Note: If you cannot see Disk Utility, go to the Language Chooser, and hold Alt+T. Then type /Applications/Utilities/Disk\ Utility.app/Contents/MacOS/Disk\ Utility. You will need to select the drives with your keyboard

10.Open Disk Utility, and partition your drive with at least two partitions. One should be a 300 MB Fat32 partition, and the other should your Mac Installation.

PRE-INSTALLATION (UEFI + GPT Only)

Requirements :

A USB Flash Drive with at least 8 GB of storage usable that you don't mind formatting
      An environment that runs macOS/OS X. I used a previous laptop with OS X Mavericks on it to make my image. A VirtualBox VM will also work well.
      Install macOS Sierra.app in /Applications

1. Make sure your flash drive is formatted into the HFS+ file format. I personally used Disk Utillity. Name the partition Installer.

2.Download Pandora's Box

3.Click on Create Installer

4.Find 'Installer' under Select a Volume

5.Click on the [...], and find the installer.app. It should be located in the Applications folder.

6. Click Install

7. Once it's done installing, don't remove the flash drive from your computer, we have a few things to do.
      ------------------------
      1.Download the latest version of the Clover Bootloader.

2.Make sure to install Clover to the USB drive. Pandora's Box has renamed your USB drive to Pandora Installer

4. Click Customize, and make sure that UEFI only is checked.

5. Make sure Install Clover in the ESP is checked, and Driver64UEFI is selected. You don't need any themes right now.

6. Install Clover

7.While you have your EFI partition mounted, extract the EFIUEFI.zip onto the root of your flash drive. It may ask to replace the contents in EFI, click YES. This will install the kexts, config.plist, and dsdt that you'll need to be able to boot to the installer.

8.Reboot your device and plug in your flash drive into the Latitude. When your computer boots, mash your F12 button. Under UEFI boot, press enter when you highlight your flash drive. If it doesn't boot clover, then go down to troubleshooting.

9.If all goes well, you should be on the Sierra install screen. I did not know if the PS2 kext would work when being in the clover kexts. So I decided not to put them.  Which means your trackpad isn't working right now. Use a USB mouse and keyboard for now.

Note: If you cannot see Disk Utility, go to the Language Chooser, and hold Alt+T. Then type /Applications/Utilities/Disk\ Utility.app/Contents/MacOS/Disk\ Utility. You will need to select the drives with your keyboard

10.Open Disk Utility, and partition your drive with at least two partitions. One should be a 300 MB Fat32 partition, and the other should your Mac Installation.

POST INSTALLATION

1. Open up the Kexts folder

2.Open up Kext wizard. Go to the installation tab.

3.Drag the contents of the kexts folder into the box. It should be auto-selected to /System/Library/Extensions.

4. Click install. It may ask for credentials

5. Go back to the main page and highlight /System/Library/Extensions. Make sure it says repair permissions and rebuild cache. Then click install

6. Restart your laptop. This will be the last time you will need to boot from your USB.

7. Install clover onto the Fat32 partition that you made before. Same settings as before, but instead of putting it as boot0ss, put it as boot0af. Use the same EFI.zip that you used before to put on the Fat32 clover partition.

Sorry if this guide is a little over the place, this is my first guides, and ratings in the comments are much appreciated!

EDIT: Updated downloads and made some steps easier (mainly the post-installation ones)
      EDIT 2: Cleaned up a lot of the steps. Made them more pleasant to read. I might add images next.

EFI.ZIP <-------Download
      EFIUEFI.ZIP<--Download
      KEXT.ZIP <-----Download
    • By apmarek
      Hey guys-

I know i'm new to this forum, but i got a quick question- I have iATKOS ML2 and am wondering what kexts to install for my laptop. I have a Dell Latitude D830 with intel graphics (nothing in laptop has been modded). I have previously been on OSXlatitude and managed to get lion running flawlessly but they don't support ML Thanks guys!

EDIT: I finally got access to a mac again so i burned iATKOS to my usb- i just need to know what to select and i'm golden!