AndroidHoneyComb

Acer C720 Chromebook SeaBIOS

5 posts in this topic

I heard the Acer C720 can be activated SeaBIOS by doing some command in chrome OS, which will activate a normal Legacy bootloader.  Do you think it would possible to put Mac OS X 10.9 on it?

Advertisement

See   http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-information-for-chrome-os-devices/acer-c720-chromebook

Mountain Lion 10.8.5 will run on Acer C720 use Pandora's Box installer.

Required for install phase USB Mouse/Keyboard. Make sure you install NULLCpupowermanager

Still working on my install Trackpad/Sound/Wifi not working....

However I use a Cheap rtl8188cus doggle for wifi 8 dollars at Monoprice PID 8072 MS-WN687N1

until I beat ar9462 problem.  http://www.monoprice.com/Product?ab3=b&utm_expid=58369800-11.R-enhtUGRrSdHz5vzpVS2g.1&c_id=105&cp_id=10501&cs_id=1050108&p_id=8072&seq=1&format=2&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.monoprice.com%2FSearch%2FIndex%3Fkeyword%3DPID%2B8072

j.t.

Just curious about what Pandora's Box settings you used (mode 2, smbios macbook air?, "#8" 10.8.5 option?)?  Any progress with trackpad/sound/wifi?

Hello guys, I am thinking of getting a c720 to run ML on it.. Do we have any progress with porting OSX to the C720? Could anybody update me with what's working and what's not ???

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EWaffle
      Hey guys, I have a ridiculously convoluted issue. Take a seat.

I am trying to use Logic Pro X on a 2012 Mac Mini I have, but I currently have Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8, and will need to update to Sierra 10.12. However, I realize I need to update to a newer OS such as El Capitan in order to be able to update to Sierra. Except I cannot sign into the App Store. I am greeted with an error message along the lines of "this computer or device cannot be verified." So I did some digging and it seems to be because my Ethernet port and Wifi don't work. I use a USB Wifi adapter to get around this but now it seems like I finally have to fix it for good so I can get into the App Store to get these updates I need.

In System Preferences > Network, I do not see Ethernet or Wifi listed. Only my USB Wifi Adapter and Firewire. In System Profiler > Hardware > Ethernet Cards, it says, "This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed."

I'm pulling my hair out over here to get Logic Pro X on this computer, that's all that I really want, and that's all I want this computer to do. If you can help, God bless your soul.
    • By ITzTravelInTime
      Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:

The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create Mac OS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.

This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the Mac OS installer apps, it is capable to create a Mac OS installer on a drive completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides also to you some customization features and a better management of the hall macOS isntall media creation process

Allows you to create easily a macOS install media without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is you want to use it on a Mac.

Features:
        - Simple to use UI that allows you to easily start the macOS install media creation process
        - It can work with every Mac OS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside of it's resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers)
        - You can use any drive or partition you want that can be erased and is at least 7 GB of size
        - Works on Mac OS recovery, so you can create a macOS install media from a bootable macOS installer or from the macOs recovery, and you can use TINU to install macOS too.
        - All vanilla, the macOS install medias created with this tool are 100% vanilla, just like you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in the terminal, with also some extra optiona features
        - Open source, you will know what this program does on your computer and also you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code
        - Does not requires to do anything of special first, just open the program
        - No need to go in disk utility first, TINU can format your drive for you
        - Uses recent and more modern APIs and SDKs and Swift 3 language
        - Transparent graphics style available (use alt + s on the keyboard or View->Use transparent style)
        - Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without needing for an update
        - Advanced section, to customize your macOS install media
        - Installer customization: Kernelcache/prelinkedknerel and boot files replacement (a feature that can be handy while dealing with old Macs or with beta installers when you need to mod or change the boot files some times)
        - Clover EFI folder installer

Features that are planned for some future versions:
        - Integrated EFI partition mounter tool (TINU can already mount EFI partitions from version 2.0, but a dedicated section which allows to mount every EFI partition in the system will be added)
        - Install clover and configure clover
        - Install kexts inside the kexts folder of clover
        - Clover drivers customization
        - Use custom dsdt in clover
        - integrated pre-made clover config templates database from a remote and open repository
        - Support for other languages, at least Italian   Rquirements:  - A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer)  - A drive or a free partition of at least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer  - A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage device in your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media)   Note that this app is under the GNU GPL v3 license so any reuse of the source code must follow the license's terms   Latest stable TINU release:   Download the app:                                https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases   View the source code:                            https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/       Frequently asked questions about TINU:  https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/wiki/FAQs     NOTE: if you have problems with your USB installer of 10.13.4 or newer version not being detected by clover you have to use the latest clover and if it still does not detectets your usb installer you have to remove the invivible file called .IAPhysicalMedia located into the root of the usb installer. This issue is caused by a changement in the apple's createinstallmedia, don't blame TINU for that, TINU does only uses the installer creation method from apple, which has been changed by appleitself, causing this problem for hackintosh users some times, this issue should be resolved in the latest versions of clover which will no longer require that you do changements to let your usb dive to be detected, a setting to do this fix automatically in tinu is also present TINU in the adavnced settings, starting from the version 2.0 of the app. I leave also some screenshots as well

• By MikixIT
      Ciao ragazzi! Grazie a questo forum con gente fantastica, sono riuscito a installare OS X e in seguito Win 10 su Clover SULLO STESSO HARD DISK
      Ho un problema, di solito utilizzo Kali Linux, la famosa versione di linux in usb in live
      Ora avrei la necessita di dedicargli 15gb di partizione del mio Hard Disk PER INSTALLARLA, e l'ho fatto effettivamente creando una partizione VUOTA tramite utility disco di Sierra.
      Il problema sorge quando io vado a riavviare il pc e quindi ritrovandomi nella schermata di clover, e vedo sempre il solito OSX e il recovery Osx e al posto di Windows 10, mi trovo la partizione di 15gb che avevo creato per windows(con l'icona di windows)
      Siccome ho paura di perdere i dati importanti che avevo su windows, non ho continuato installando Kali, ma mi sono fermato e ho eliminato la partizione sempre da utility di Sierra e come per magia, riavvio e Win10 è di nuovo lì dove dovrebbe stare
      Appena creo la partizione vuota, clover me la sostituisce
      Che devo fare raga?
      Io voglio OSX,Win10 (Che già ho) e Kali(Solo 15gb) sullo stesso hard disk
      Senza perdere dati di Win o Mac
      Gengik ho visto in precedenti discussioni tue, di andare in GUI da clover config . e togliere Windows da quelli nascosti e l'ho fatto, ma il risultato non cambia.
      Grazie per la lettura