Switching to Clover Issues

Hackmodford

9 posts in this topic

I've been considering switching to the clover boot loader. It seems like it's "correct" way to do things.

I have it setup on a usb drive that I've been experimenting with. One problem...

If I boot with BIOS mode then clover is in a really low resolution, but I can load Mac and Windows 8 fine.

If I boot UEFI mode then the resolution is correct (1920x1080) but I can only boot Mac and my Windows 8 drive doesn't show up.

I believe this is because I originally installed Windows 8 in BIOS mode instead of UEFI.

My question is this. Are there any limitations of using Clover in BIOS mode besides the resolution problem? Can I fix the resolution problem?

If I use UEFI mode is there a way to get Windows 8 to show up again? Or would I have to reinstall Windows?

K, So essentially I think I'll just copy my steam directory to an external drive (it's the only reason I have windows) then reinstall windows 8 in efi mode, upgrade to 8.1 install steam, restore games.

Is the clover installer smart enough to handle a Fusion drive? Or will I have to manually install the boot loader?