dell d610 wont boot without dvd image

chello

6 posts in this topic

i have a dell d610 and an image of 10.4.5 patched for the sse2 processor. i partitioned the hardrive with windows (60gb) basicly split it in half with windows on the first partition. then i loaded osx on the second partition (went in fine, didnt even need an external monitor like some have mentioned), its just that when i boot up the machine, i have to hit f12 and boot from the dvd image. after it boots it works awsome, and i cant get back to xp at all, even tryed booting from the origional cd that came with the laptop. any help would be awsome. oh yea, i have a 3 year unlimited warentee and a technition on campus so i can do anything to it and not wory if it gets killed, so ill try any idea that might work.

not working, the partition is definately active...(partition 2 if that matters, windows is on 1) and it still comes up to boot with nothing. from what i saw the boot.plist file already had those comands in it.

There is a "hardware" hack for the intel gma chipset if you are using it. I am posting this from a d610 with that hack right now.

for the life of me, i cannot remember the term for the hack. it's an external display issue.

it's essentially a couple paper clips that short out some ports on the external vga port.