[AMD] General Chat, Questions & Answers

tragediana150

116 posts in this topic

install a new chameleon bootloader, custom installation, and change the resolution to match your graphics card

install a new chameleon bootloader, custom installation, and change the resolution to match your graphics card

In which disk i install it ?¿ becouse if i install in MacOSX disk never boot up the booloader

In which disk i install it ?¿ becouse if i install in MacOSX disk never boot up the booloader

I will try to put booting disk the 1TB

if you have installed Mavericks on your OS X partition then install Chameleon Bootloader on your OS X partition

if you have not yet installed Mavericks on your partition, then install the newer chameleon boot loader on your USB flash disk.

Edited by spakk

install Chameleon Bootloader on your OS X partition

ok and it booted but there is no other OS detected some idea why in USB yes but in DISK bootloader no other SO recognise

Resolution still the same 1024x768 

also there is allways the FANs working

install from the chameleon bootloader the modules-folder, it is also the resolution.dylib and change the resolution

but in detail, you should read the information from the chameleon bootloader or read various contributions, because you can make some adjustments to your system.

Edited by spakk

install from the chameleon bootloader the modules-folder, it is also the resolution.dylib and change the resolution

It good the chamaleon have the modules and the Resolution good  

Well now all is working more or less 

The last question can i update to 10.9.5?¿ from appstore

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, Just got around to testing the 10.10 Kernel from Bronya. I first figured I would test it in a sandbox so I installed it in a Virtualbox and that went without any complications or errors. So a few minutes ago I cloned the installer that i used to a flashdrive and after I booted it on my legacy BIOS computer (see sig) it got stuck around something about bluetooth so I went to reboot my system and upon BIOS loading I have come to find that my cmos was corrupted. Not a big deal because I had a backedup profile on hand and dual bios. So I went to try it again (same variables with the 10.10 installer) and it did it again. Not sure what is going on but I figured I should say something in case this screws over someone else. I should also note that it doesn't corrupt my UEFI BIOS build but still has the same error. I'll look into my problem later and if I need help I'll go to the appropriate thread.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Hey about iobluetooth i left it for quite awhilewith GraphicsEnabler=Yes boot arg and it booted the installer to the piont where i could install os x

• Like 1

Hey guys, Just got around to testing the 10.10 Kernel from Bronya. I first figured I would test it in a sandbox so I installed it in a Virtualbox and that went without any complications or errors. So a few minutes ago I cloned the installer that i used to a flashdrive and after I booted it on my legacy BIOS computer (see sig) it got stuck around something about bluetooth so I went to reboot my system and upon BIOS loading I have come to find that my cmos was corrupted. Not a big deal because I had a backedup profile on hand and dual bios. So I went to try it again (same variables with the 10.10 installer) and it did it again. Not sure what is going on but I figured I should say something in case this screws over someone else. I should also note that it doesn't corrupt my UEFI BIOS build but still has the same error. I'll look into my problem later and if I need help I'll go to the appropriate thread.

Keep up the good work!

Sounds like the old AppleRTC patch not applied to be honest.

For more reading check out here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289798-applertc-patch-cmos-reset-after-sleepwake/

If you are using Chameleon bootloader just put it in the /Extra/Extensions folder like I did:

See the post here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2082637

• Like 2

Does anyone know how to compare the differences between 2 kexts and how to patch a kext (which software and how to use it) such as AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily kext. Since I got white screen issue on Yosemite that need those 2 kext patched as they were in 10.9.5.

Here I upload those 2 kexts from my 10.9.5 hack, if someone would be kind enough to patch those of Yosemite so it would work on my hack without facing white screen issue, I'll be forever grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Rollback.zip

Does anyone know how to compare the differences between 2 kexts and how to patch a kext (which software and how to use it) such as AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily kext. Since I got white screen issue on Yosemite that need those 2 kext patched as they were in 10.9.5.

Here I upload those 2 kexts from my 10.9.5 hack, if someone would be kind enough to patch those of Yosemite so it would work on my hack without facing white screen issue, I'll be forever grateful!

Thanks in advance!

You don't need to patch AppleACPIPlatform since you are not rolling back but using a patched current version of IOPCIFamily

Someone already patched it, available here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/?p=2083624

• Like 1

You don't need to patch AppleACPIPlatform since you are not rolling back but using a patched current version of IOPCIFamily

Someone already patched it, available here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/?p=2083624

Thanks for letting me know this, I tried that one from the link you attached but it simply didn't work. It seems like it was patched differently and my white screen issue is still there.

Duran, it fails to build:

/Downloads/WebKit-r174650/Source/JavaScriptCore/llvm/LLVMHeaders.h:45:10: fatal error: 'llvm-c/Analysis.h' file not found

#include

^

1 error generated.

And then:

The following build commands failed:

CompileC /Downloads/WebKit-r174650/WebKitBuild/JavaScriptCore.build/Release/llvmForJSC.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/LLVMExports.o llvm/library/LLVMExports.cpp normal x86_64 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler

(1 failure)

make[2]: *** [all] Error 65

make[1]: *** [all] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

Missing dependencies? I decided to take a look at the site from where I downloaded the sources and found no instructions. Instead, I found a binary built earlier today WebKit r175941
Did you test it?

All the best!

theconnactic

Check out here: https://www.webkit.org/coding/scripts.html for building, I was thinking if we can build the source, maybe prepare some sort of patch.

Yip tested that, what is where I found out that it was the JS that was failing in the WebKit Browser (Safari Developer Browser).

Reading this here: http://blog.jgc.org/2013/02/how-to-fix-corrupted.html

It also states " you can't start Preview" - I wonder how true this still is, as preview doesn't display some images correctly.

• Like 1

Okay... I think it will take a few moments for the build to complete: it's huge! But it seems both JavaScriptCore.framework and libllvmForJSC.dylib, which are the files that really matter for us, are ready. Tell me when you're done reinstalling, and I'll upload both files here.

All the best!

Thanks theconnactic...

Can you upload those files please, if you wanna test as well try download the binary, Copy WebKit.app to applications.

Show Package Contents -> Contents -> Frameworks -> 10-10

EDIT: Another side note idea, I wonder if we could try mimic the behaviour of WebKit.app (Safari Dev) for App Store and store our own compiled frameworks inside the app. That way during a System update it will not affect the patches (if any) we have made.

Hey theconnactic

The recompile didn't work, HOWEVER! When I changed the Framework 10-9 to 10-10 in WebKit.app, No crash on icloud.com so we are on the right page somewhere!

EDIT: FIXED!!!!!

Will upload the frameworks now!

TESTED:

Safari

App Store

EDIT 2: My Internet is super slow, busy FTP to my domain (it's 80MB)

Basically Took the frameworks from WebKit 10-9, Replaced the Frameworks in System/Library/Frameworks

It still crashed looking for dependancies in WebKit.framework, Added the missing dependancies. Boom! Safari icloud.com didn't crash and App Store opened to the front page.

EDIT 3:

Slim Framework Installer here: AMD-WebKit-Patch.zip

Full Framework Uploaded here: WebKit Framework

Extract and replace the files in /System/Library/Framework (Needed for the full framework)

• Like 2