InsanelyMac Forum
el3ment101

First Boot on Haswell CPU Fail!HELP!

Hey can anyone help me i have installed mavericks with 10.8.5 kernel for my haswell to solve instant reboot but now when i boot from my mavericks HDD i get this. this- So i can't boot. If i use vanilla kernel from mavericks i can't even get to the installer, so I used kernel from rehabman and i was  able to boot the install and install OS X mavericks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1si3j6q0uc19cf/VID_20131218_173348.mp4

Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz

Intel HD Graphics 4600 (HP)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (HP)
465GB Hitachi HGST HTS545050A7E380 (SATA)
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By oliveiro
      Hi community !
      Is anybody successful with 10.13.x and multiple GPUs on a desktop hack ?
      My main rig (see in signature) HD4600 + GTX550Ti + GTX560 is working perfectly under 10.11.6 and 10.12.6.
      Very simple to install, Intel IGPU set to active and primary in bios, inject intel and igplatformid in bootloader (enoch or clover), no nividia injection, since Fermi GPUs are natively supported. Smbios set to iMac14.2 for my Haswell CPU, and to avoid AppleGraphicsDeviceControl devices unloading.
      But from 10.13.0 to 10.13.3, system boots fine until login screen where WindowServer crashes with a "no MTLDevice" error (MeTaL device I guess). I could workaround that error by unloading nvidia devices in AppleGraphicsDeviceControl, but that kind of defeats the purpose, since only the IntelHD4600 can then be used.
      10.13.4 brings a little improvement, desktop can be reached, all 3 gpus active (AppleDisplay instances appear in IORegistryExplorer for Intel and Nvidias) but only Intel HDMI output shows desktop correctly, both nvidias (HDMI or DVI output) only show a black desktop where the mouse pointer can be moved normally. Displays can be arranged, orientation and resolution can be changed, as if everything was fine, but it is not.
      Console shows the following repeated messages :
           WindowServer (Skylight) : Unable to composite display surface due to null compositor.
           WindowServer (CoreDisplay) : [ERROR] - Attempting to get capabilities from capabilities with no devices
      Does anybody have an idea on how to avoid or workaround these errors ?
      Thanks !
      O.
      Things I've tried:
      Bios Graphic Devices order changes (breaks everything unless IGPU is primary) nvidia injection in bootloader (fails in enoch, disables secondary nvidia GPU outputs in clover) Smbios changes and/or AppleDeviceControlPolicy plist edits (simply enables or disables nvidia outputs) nvidia official or web drivers (no changes at all, even though webdrivers are properly loaded ; requires nvram emulation with enoch) enoch or clover (no difference except clover boots a bit faster - than enoch with nvram - thanks to proper UEFI boot I guess) lilu intel and/or nvidia and/or coredisplay graphicsfixups (no visible changes but graphics devices names, and thus enables or disables AGPM) use binaries from Sierra 10.12.6 for CoreDisplay and/or Skylight frameworks (never reached desktop) NVIDIAeGPUSupport (no changes)
    • By Angelo_
      HI, i've installed high sierra a while ago and never really used it that much but i got bored of w10 so i've decided to use it as my daily driver for a while and i noticed that usb 3.0 ports don't work with usb 3 devices and only with usb 2.0 devices(capped at the 480mb/s limit of usb 2.0), is there a way to get past that? i couldn't find it in this forum, i don't need the speed that much for right now(even tho i might since i shoot in raw and usb 2.0 is slow for file transfer of big photos or videos i take on holidays or on days off)  but i'd like to at least be able to use the usb 3.0s with my usb 3 devices and hub. 
      Hope that i write this post correctly, english is not my main language.
      ps  i don't need because i'm on lan but does it exist a driver/kext for intel wifi/bluetooth combo integrated in my z87 mpower(centrino 2200) ? bluetooth works already.
    • By Dallastyle
      Hi insanelymac,
      I'm using a Dell All in one Inspiron 5348. It has a Pentium dual core G3240 Haswell clocked at 3.07 ghz in Mac. I've successfully booted and installed Mac Os X el capitan on an external hdd using a fake cpuid (0x0306E0) its ivybride. But my problem is the drivers. The only thing I could remotely do is wifi. I've installed the kexts for my wifi card. What I need is to install intel hd graphics (desktop) kexts and audio drivers (alc668)
      I've tried doing every method. Except for Ddst because I don't understand it whatsoever.Also found this thing called xcpm and was wondering if I can just spoof the graphics ids or something like that. Hopefully you guys can help me and thanks!
    • By YannisKrp
      What is the best Mini-ITX motherboard for my i5-4460 (replaceable Broadcom chip, if it's possible m.2)? I'm planning to make a Mini-ITX hackintosh inside a Streacom F1C. Is the F1C Evo taller than the F1C and is there any way i can fit a GPU inside it (PCIe raiser etc.)?

Thanks in advance.
    • By frompdog
      I recently acquired a Samsung U28E510 monitor (4K UHD) for my hackintosh and had a hard time finding the information I needed to get it working with my integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics (desktop H97 chipset with i7-4790s) at full resolution.  This post will share how I got it working.  As a new hackintosher, a lot of the information I found was confusing because it assumed I knew how the pieces fit together,

I was using Sierra 10.12.6 (iMac15,1 SMBIOS) and already had the HD 4600 working with full acceleration on my 1080p monitor.  When I first plugged in the new monitor, I could get at most 2560x1440 @ 60Hz from MacOS using the DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor.  Using a Linux Live USB, I could get 3840x2160 @ 60Hz so I knew the hardware was working and capable.

My old config used the kexts Lilu, Shiki and IntelGraphicsFixup via Clover injection.  I was injecting the ig-platform-id 0x0d220003, and on the desktop "<Apple Icon> -> About This Mac" showed that my graphics were allocated 1536MB.

I added CoreDisplayFixup.kext to avoid the pixel clock limit in the CoreDisplay framework.  Since that required a newer version of Lilu, I downloaded updated source for Lilu, IntelGraphicsFixup and Shiki and rebuilt all of those along with CoreDisplayFixup.

The hardest part for me to understand, was why MacOS wouldn't offer me the option to go above 1440p resolution.  I could get to 2160p with SwitchResX, but it wouldn't stick across reboots and I was seeing a phantom display on my system when I used that app.  I spent a couple of days trying various things, and upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.1 along the way.

I eventually stumbled across a post at RampageDev, which explained how the magical ig-platform-id value is used -- which ended up being the key to my problem!  I don't know if the bits in 0x0d220003 are important, but for my purposes that value is used as a key to a table in AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext which is used to initialize the HD 4600.  This includes attributes such as buffer sizes and memory allocations which are needed for large, 4k displays.  The link helped me understand the contents and format of that table, which in turn helped me understand the problem.  By patching the kext via Clover, I could have MacOS configure the graphics hardware so that it would work as I wanted.

The patch itself is added to config.plist -> KernelAndKextPatches -> KextsToPatch (it's in an <array>):
                              <dict>                                 <key>Comment</key>                                 <string>Framebuffer for 4K display</string>                                 <key>Find</key>                                 <data>                                 AwAiDQADAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAAAAAAABgmRQ=                                 </data>                                 <key>Name</key>                                 <string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>                                 <key>Replace</key>                                 <data>                                 AwAiDQADAwMAAAAEAAAgAgAAAAAAAACAmRQ=                                 </data>                         </dict> I won't go into the grisly details here; if you're technical and want to understand, you can figure it out from the patched values.  Basically, I'm increasing three values to accommodate the larger display: The RAM allocation The framebuffer memory size The VRAM allocation Once I enabled this patch in Clover and added CoreDisplayFixup.kext, I was able to boot into glorious 4K UHD.  I also see the retina resolutions in the display settings.  It's possible that I did not need to change all three fields.  I changed them all on the first try, and things seem to be working well.  I would be happy to update this post if an expert can tell me a better way to do it.

Note that this does allocate 2GB of RAM for the Intel graphics, but that's fine with me since I have 16GB and plan to upgrade to 32GB anyway.  I'll probably end up getting a discrete GPU when I upgrade the RAM, but this patch helps me stay productive while I save for the upgrade.

I suspect that this approach could be packaged into a Lilu plugin for those that prefer to do their patches from kexts rather than the Clover config.  Similarly, some of the Lilu plugins I'm using could probably be implemented via Clover patches.  At this point, I'm just happy to have something that works.