Best distribution for Acer Aspire 5920g ?

Noeliu

5 posts in this topic

Hello! I am trying to install OSX on my "kind of old" acer aspire 5920g. I've seen some tutorials, but the only distribution that I can Start the intallation is iatkos 3v2. Setup works only if I start it with flags -v GraphicsEnabler=0 , but system start with any combination of this flags, nor -x 

The problem is a  have tried lots of combinations of kernel and hardare configs and none of the work.

I'll post a picture of the last try and my computer specs.

I have two questions, please:

¿What would be the best version for this laptop?

¿What am I doing wrong with this one? It does install great. Bootloader works fine, but I cant get it to start! im going desperate here. Please help me if you can.

Thanks in advance!

25h3fkp.jpg

5bydqc.jpg

Hey! Thanks Artur-pt! The guide would be great if the links worked :( but unfortunately they are out of date. The link to the guide for replacing files is down, so thats a dead end road.

I updated the Bios and, you know what, now I cant get itakos 3 v2 even to the setup screen :( 

I'm "down-hearted" on building my hackintosh...

Well, the first problem you have is not knowing if the problem is compatibility between OS X and your laptop, or if there's something wrong with the distribution you're trying. A first good step would be trying a Vanilla OS X install not only in order to rule out a distribution problem, but also because most people around here will probably not be able to help you with distros.

Well, the first problem you have is not knowing if the problem is compatibility between OS X and your laptop, or if there's something wrong with the distribution you're trying. A first good step would be trying a Vanilla OS X install not only in order to rule out a distribution problem, but also because most people around here will probably not be able to help you with distros.

Hi! Thanks for repying! I have a snow leopard golden master .dmg. Is this what you mean by vanilla? Sorry if it sounds silly. Should I Just burn it on a dvd and start it by itself or with #####? If so... What version?

Thanks!!!