Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nico124

Cannot upgrade VirtualBox installation of Mac OS 10.6.8 to Mavericks - supposedly a processor issue

4 posts in this topic

I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.8 within VirtualBox 4.3.2 on a Windows machine with an i7 processor. I would like to upgrade my OS to Mavericks through the App Store. When I try to do so, I get the erroneous error message that my processor does not meet the new operating system's requirements. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Advertisement

Thanks, pippox0. I went ahead and tried that. However, attempting to upgrade through the App Store still produces the same error message. Anything else that can be done? Thank you.

Ok

You have two options:

1- download an Osx Mavericks Iso just prepared for Hackintosh and upgrade your vdi with it.

Or

2- be sure you have put in S/L/E. Fakesmc.kext. And NullCPUPowermanagement.kext

Delete or rename  /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist file

Enable EFi boot from Virtualbox option

Start your Vdi and try to upgrade from AppStore

( this should give you a more vanilla machine )

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dannymozzer_
      Hi,

I've been trying to install Mavericks 10.9, I know it's older now, but It's honestly the version I want to use, the specs of the PC are:
      Asus P8H61-MX USB3
      i3-3220
      8GB DDR3 Memory
      GTX 750 ti
      500GB HDD

I've been following this guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-yosemite/
      But, after booting, this is the error screen I get, any guidance on what Kexts, SMBios settings, etc. I need? I can tell I'm probably missing something here.

Thanks,
      Dan
    • By Marko1401-
      Hi guys,

I bought a used Mac 2015 pro with a basic 120 GB SSD.

I'm considering upgrade options for it and want to have a 500 or 1TB option for it.

Basically apple has put a excruciating price tag for upgrades so I am considering sintech adapters and a standard NVME M2 SSD installation.

My question is, aside from Samsung 970 EVO, will other options such as WD Black NVME or SanDisk SSD work?

I'm not after huge write speeds, just after storage and decent performance.
      Samsung is a little bit expensive.

Thoughts?
    • By simplyhuman
      Hello All,
      I am trying to install SL from retail DVD image on Vmware 15.0.2 on a desktop with the following specs:

PC: Lenovo ThinkStation P510
      Memory: 16 GB
      CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1607 V4 @ 3.10 GHz
      GPU: nVidia Quadro K620

Steps taken till now, got the errors and progressively removed them by going through the forum topics:

1. Used unlocker 3.0.2 to unlock VMware workstation 15.0.2 (https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/335757-macos-unlocker-v30-for-vmware-workstation/?tab=comments#comment-2638208)
      2. Copied the patched EFI unlocker to x64 folder in VMware Workstation directory (https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/336110-macos-efi-unlocker-v10-for-vmware/?tab=comments#comment-2642442)
      3. Provided the full path of the patched files in the vm configuration file
      4. Got the cpuid mask from here (https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/243274-how-to-install-retail-os-x-106-snow-under-vmware-workstation-7-or-player-3/)

Now my VM boots up without errors but it displays a stop sign after the apple logo
      Please let me know how should I proceed as I think this is the last hurdle before successful installation of SL on VMware 15

• By antonioruri
      Buongiorno, ho da poco messo a posto quasi tutto sulla mia prima configurazione hackintosh che va benissimo. In questi giorni è apparso l'aggiornamento di sicurezza di High Sierra come da titolo e me lo ha scaricato ma prima di partire con l'installazione vorrei avere delle delucidazioni riguardo agli aggiornamenti in generale soprattutto ai minor, per ora non ho bisogno di aggiornare a Mojave.
      Si corrono dei rischi ad eseguire aggiornamenti di questo tipo (sicurezza come in questo caso) o ad esempio a versioni piu nuove dello stesso sistema MacOS? Se sì quali sono e come si prevengono? 
      Non vorrei ritrovarmi a dover re installare tutto formattando il disco partendo da zero. Qualche tempo fa ad mio amico succedeva che il disco veniva crittografato con "Filevault" e diventava inaccessibile, questo dopo un minor update, al che ha dovuto ricominciare da 0. Cos'è il Filevault? Potrebbe capitare questo anche a me? Vorrei sapere tutto prima di andare a fare delle minchiate.
      Grazie in anticipo a chi vorrà e avrà la pazienza aiutarmi. 
    • By End3rPower50
      Hi, i want to buy "Broadcom bcm94350zae" for my laptop
      is this compatible with macOS Mojave?