iTunes and Coke Promotion

tomozj

10 posts in this topic

So Apple did their Pepsi promotion in the US around the time when the iTMS started. Well recently they started the same but with Coke... worldwide. I was in the shop the other day needing a drink. I was going to get a bottle of water but the free song got me to buy a coke. I had never done it before, was curious.

But it hit me, should Apple be encouraging people to buy Cokes? What if they did this with a big bottled water selling company? Buy a bottle of water and get a free song? It would be way more effective, more people buying water and people approving of the idea. I can see parents registering for the iTS so their kids could get free music.

What do you think? Should Apple give songs on bottles of water? :)

-tj

I say Apple should mail me a free Coke if I buy a song on the iTMS.

If it wasn't for the original Pepsi promotion, I wouldn't have an iTMS account today. Thanks to the free song I got, I was able to register without a credit card. Since then, my account has remained without any credit card data, and I can still get the weekly freebie songs and videos off of iTunes. No worrying about being charged a dime. :P

I say Apple should mail me a free Coke if I buy a song on the iTMS.

If it wasn't for the original Pepsi promotion, I wouldn't have an iTMS account today. Thanks to the free song I got, I was able to register without a credit card. Since then, my account has remained without any credit card data, and I can still get the weekly freebie songs and videos off of iTunes. No worrying about being charged a dime. :)

i wish i had known about/done that. i wonder if it would work with the coke....thank's for the "technique"!

yeah, they have free videos like tv shows or infomercials or stuff. you know, stuff that isnt worth 2 bucks :thumbsup_anim:

and occasionally an episode of a tv show will be free, usually the pilot to get people to download it and get hooked. it's a nice stategu and stuff, but i don't have a credit card and can't get them without.