RehabMan

Haswell early reboot, Mavericks, locked MSRs, and HP Envy 15-J063CL (i7-4700MQ)

469 posts in this topic

Advertisement

First, this patch got my hackintosh up and running, so thanks!

I'm not sure if it's related to the 10.9.4 update, but the power options don't work well anymore. If I try to shutdown or restart the computer, OSX powers down, but the computer never shuts off or restarts. 

The console logs the following error message:

Terminal: XPC error messaging com.apple.IconServicesAgent: Connection interrupted
Terminal: XPC error messaging com.apple.IconServicesAgent: Connection invalid

Any idea if this is related to the xpcm patch, and how to fix?

Thanks

First, this patch got my hackintosh up and running, so thanks!

I'm not sure if it's related to the 10.9.4 update, but the power options don't work well anymore. If I try to shutdown or restart the computer, OSX powers down, but the computer never shuts off or restarts. 

The console logs the following error message:

Terminal: XPC error messaging com.apple.IconServicesAgent: Connection interrupted
Terminal: XPC error messaging com.apple.IconServicesAgent: Connection invalid
Any idea if this is related to the xpcm patch, and how to fix?

Thanks

Not really anything to do with XCPM patch. Patching for XCPM/locked MSR 0xE2 just gets you past the early reboot problem.

It is what you do after to enable power management that matters for sleep...

Not really anything to do with XCPM patch. Patching for XCPM/locked MSR 0xE2 just gets you past the early reboot problem.

It is what you do after to enable power management that matters for sleep...

Hi, RehabMan,

Your patch works perfectly in 10.9.1 & 10.9.4 for my Asus G750JZ laptop.

Thanks a lot !

Someone said who got it from RehabMan:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|(\x3B\x05\xAE\xFC\x69\x00)\x74\x11|${1}\xEB\x11|g' kernel

It seems not needed for 10.10 (Yosemite) DP2 or DP3.

Because using newest Clover with KernelPm & KernelLapi is working now.

RehabMan,

Mavericks 10.9.4 MD5 (mach_kernel) = 33e741649352c1545a269cf0700d65e0 this is the xcpm patched kernel 

I wonder if you have (created) a lock MSR Envy 17-178CA that has same config of your laptop but this is 17".

I do not use Clover at all cause i have no idea how it works and how to set it up. I am using now Chameleon 2391. Thank you for your time my Hero.

BTW i installed 10.10 on acer laptop V3-771 and on my Asus Z77 desktop and working great with dsdt you teach me how to do it ....remember!!!!

thanks for your time and appreciate your time and work for Hackintosh community.

RehabMan,

Mavericks 10.9.4 MD5 (mach_kernel) = 33e741649352c1545a269cf0700d65e0 this is the [/size]xcpm patched kernel 

Post #1 has the md5 for XCPM patched mach_kernel. It is different from your md5 above (so I think yours is wrong).

I wonder if you have (created) a lock MSR Envy 17-178CA that has same config of your laptop but this is 17".

Not sure I understand the question. I do not have a 17" laptop. And I don't have the HP Envy anymore...

I do not use Clover at all cause i have no idea how it works and how to set it up. I am using now Chameleon 2391. Thank you for your time my Hero.

BTW i installed 10.10 on acer laptop V3-771 and on my Asus Z77 desktop and working great with dsdt you teach me how to do it ....remember!!!!

thanks for your time and appreciate your time and work for Hackintosh community.

Learning Clover is worthwhile...

this md5 is what i got, i knew that u don't have it anymore. What u had is 15"  (Envy), i got 12 P states

i use chameleon now and i wonder how i can learn how to setup and use Clover!!!

Thank you my Hero

this md5 is what i got,

Then you started with an incorrect kernel for 10.9.4. md5 for vanilla mach_kernel is also provided in post #1.

Your md5 is 10.9.3 mach_kernel patched for XCPM and lapic.

i knew that u don't have it anymore. What u had is 15"  (Envy), i got 12 P states

i use chameleon now and i wonder how i can learn how to setup and use Clover!!!

Thank you my Hero

There is much to learn to transition to Clover, but if you have a solid understanding it should not be difficult.

Use a USB with Clover on it until you have it working.

Then you started with an incorrect kernel for 10.9.4. md5 for vanilla mach_kernel is also provided in post #1.

Your md5 is 10.9.3 mach_kernel patched for XCPM and lapic.

There is much to learn to transition to Clover, but if you have a solid understanding it should not be difficult.

Use a USB with Clover on it until you have it working.

I see, If i make a usb with Clover installed i will learn it fast than having a clover HOW TO  installer for my HP, this way i can test 10.10 on it cause as u told me few days ago that i can patch Kernel for locked MSR.

I will start reading and testing Clover with it, any link!!!!!

Thank you 

I see, If i make a usb with Clover installed i will learn it fast than having a clover HOW TO  installer for my HP, this way i can test 10.10 on it cause as u told me few days ago that i can patch Kernel for locked MSR.

I will start reading and testing Clover with it, any link!!!!!

Thank you

I don't know about "learn it fast," but using USB allows you to experiment with it without breaking your existing install.

I am running an Msi Gaming 5 Z97 LGA1150 motherboard with a R9 280  GPU and G3258 CPU. I've installed the no xcpm kernel and this is where I'm stuck at if any of you could help that'd be much appreciated thank you.

Edit: Tried patching with kernel with the aforementioned patch and still to no avail. Picture.

I am running an Msi Gaming 5 Z97 LGA1150 motherboard with a R9 280  GPU and G3258 CPU. I've installed the no xcpm kernel and this is where I'm stuck at if any of you could help that'd be much appreciated thank you.

Edit: Tried patching with kernel with the aforementioned patch and still to no avail. Picture.

OS X Mavericks does not support Haswell Pentium/Celeron... only Core i-series.

OS X Mavericks does not support Haswell Pentium/Celeron... only Core i-series.

Oh, well that sucks. Is there any work on it yet, if not what version of OSX can I install?

Oh, well that sucks. Is there any work on it yet, if not what version of OSX can I install?

Some people say 10.8.5 does not have this limitation. However, the data I see is mixed on that point...

And 10.8.5 is the first OS X version with Haswell support.

Hm, dammit. Looks like I'm going to have to try Mountain Lion. I've spent the past 2-3 days trying everything. I've recreated by USB stick about 5 times, and had to redownload Mavericks twice. /me Sighs. Thanks again, I hope Mavericks supports Haswell someday.

Hm, dammit. Looks like I'm going to have to try Mountain Lion. I've spent the past 2-3 days trying everything. I've recreated by USB stick about 5 times, and had to redownload Mavericks twice. /me Sighs. Thanks again, I hope Mavericks supports Haswell someday.

Mavericks supports Haswell just fine. Just not the Haswell Pentium/Celeron chips (keep in mind Apple doesn't use those chips in their computers).

Mavericks supports Haswell just fine. Just not the Haswell Pentium/Celeron chips (keep in mind Apple doesn't use those chips in their computers).

That is a good point. Keeping my hopes up that someones finds a workaround for this issue. Thank again for helping me not spend another week trying to run a Haswell Pentium on Mavericks. :)

That is a good point. Keeping my hopes up that someones finds a workaround for this issue. Thank again for helping me not spend another week trying to run a Haswell Pentium on Mavericks. :)

Maybe a patch could be created for the kernel, but it would require:

- someone motivated (eg. person has the hardware, and doesn't want to just swap the CPU for a compatible one)

- someone with the skills (x86 assembly language... a knack for binary patching)

- someone with the time (binary patches to the kernel can be time consuming)

Got it to work on 10.8.5. The only issues are that the ALC1150 Codec from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] doesn't work with any of my headphone ports and E2205 LAN controller isn't supported. 

You could attempt using an AMD Kernel which works just as well. I did this temporarily when I moved from my AMD Setup to my new Intel Setup just recently, it works well, and I can also boot with caches..

The problem with any kind of mach_kernel built from sources, including one for AMD is you'll be unable to access Apple services (iCloud, FaceTime, Messages, etc.)

Plus there is no reason to do that if you have a supported Intel CPU.

I wrote this "somewhere else" as well, but I thought this might be interesting here too...

Haswell/Mavericks Troubles

Many people with Haswell laptops (and some desktops) have been running into a new problem Apple has thrown at us. The new Mavericks kernel has power management moved down into the kernel. For this reason, my MacBookAir6,2 running Mavericks does not load AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. In the past, we patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to avoid the kernel writing to locked CPU MSRs (machine specific registers, credit RevoGirl). Some BIOSes lock some of these registers (the common one is 0xE2, I don't know if others can be locked as well). The problem is that touching these registers when they are locked causes an unexpected fault and you get a KP. It seems this KP is so early, that the kernel is unprepared to handle it, and the computer reboots.

Some people have found that if they use a kernel modified for AMD systems, they are able to boot. I tried this and it indeed works. But other things break... I was able to install (using that kernel), but I couldn't boot with caches (always had to use "-f"). Booting with caches caused a KP. In addition, there was no power management. CPU was running at x24 always.

But...

I decided to see what I could do by building my own kernel. My main thought was to make some changes, see if I could avoid touching locked MSRs with modifications to the source code with the idea to fold the changes into a patch. So, I downloaded the kernel source from opensource.apple.com, found out how to build it (thanks google!), and tried to use it. On first try, I didn't make any changes... and I was surprised that I was able to start the installer with the newly built kernel! No changes and it just works. WTF?

Turns out the sources for the kernel do not include the parts for xnu power management. Since it isn't there, it doesn't cause the problem. But of course, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement expects for PM to be provided by the kernel, so it doesn't work. It doesn't crash, but still no power management. Since 10.8.5 does not have this change, I decided to try the (patched) AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from 10.8.5 (v214). And that actually works.

I don't really like doing rollbacks like that, but it is probably a workable solution until something better comes along. I still think it might be possible to patch the kernel to avoid the MSR writing problem.  See updates below on patches.

Update 2013-11-25

With some prodding by Pike's blog, I went back to my original patch that I had attempted a number of weeks ago, and I found the mistakes I had made with my patch (this was prior to building the kernel from sources). The details are on my blog here: http://racerrehabman.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/maverickshaswell-kernel-patch-for-early-reboot/

As a result, I'm now running a patched mach_kernel (not built from source, but patched from retail), MacBookPro11,2 smbios.plist, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, ssdt.aml generated with Pike's script (plugin-type=1). Of course, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement does not load, as all CPU power management is handled by the kernel (xcpm). In other words, it is running just as a real Haswell MacBookPro would as far as power management. The only "problem" that I can see, is that I'm not getting pstates between x8 and x24, much like the results with iMac14,2. I wonder if something is missing (taking the place of X86PlatformPlugin plists?) that the bootloader/DSDT/SSDT should be injecting to inform the kernel's xcpm behavior? More investigation is needed. I will investigate by watching the behavior of my real MacBookAir6,2 and perhaps a friend's real MacBookPro11,x.

Update 2013-11-26

It appears that having a jump in pstates from idle to nominal (in this case x8 to x24) is by design. It appears to be intentional. I loaded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext on my MacBookAir6,2 and it too jumps from idle (x8) to nominal (x17) with no states in between.

Update 2013-12-30

By borrowing some files from a real Mavericks 10.9.1 install on a real MacBookPro11,2, I was able to achieve states in between idle and nominal:

AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 8 (17) 24 26 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] GPU P-States [ 17 ]

Note new state 17.  This was booting via Clover with MacBookPro11,2 smbios and custom SSDT using ssdtPRgen.sh.

In order to do this, I borrowed from the Mac:

/System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist

/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext

/mach_kernel (version 13.0.2, patched for xcpm)

I'm not sure the kernel replacement was necessary, but I did it anyway.  I think this means that when a future version of OS X arrives that has true support for MacBookPro11,2, things will work a bit better.  I find it interesting that an owner of a a real MacBookPro11,2 cannot do a fresh install of 10.9.1 from the App Store and expect their machine to work as it should.

Computer Specifics

HP Envy 15-J063CL (Costco)

i7-4700MQ @2.4Ghz, 12GB RAM

HM87 chipset

HD4600 graphics (1080p panel),

BCM4352 ac WiFi (works with only injection)

RTL8111/8168/8411 (works with RealtekRTL8111)

(I am not certain that I'm keeping this laptop...)

Working:

- power management (see pstate results below)

- booting with caches

- HD4600 graphics (this computer uses eDP) (ig-platform-id=0x0a260006)

- HDMI

- USB3 (before *and* after sleep)

- trackpad/keyboard (Synaptics)

- sleep

- sleep triggered by lid

- shutdown/restart

- backlit keyboard on/off (must be hardwired)

- Camera (kind of grainy, but could be poor lighting)

- display brightness (works after display sleep with PNLF DSDT patch)

- works with patched AppleHDA (volume seems low)

Not Working/Not Started/In progress

Not Tested

- Bluetooth

Notes:

- Fixed USB3 after sleep by switching from native AppleUSBXHCI to GenericUSBXHCI with -gux_defer_usb2 flag.

- To avoid strange flicker/flash of display upon boot, make sure to use "Graphics Mode"=1920x1080x32

PStates:

iMac14,2 (X86PlatformPlugin)

DPCIManager PStates: 8,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32

MacBookPro8,3 (ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin)

DPCIManager PStates: 8,12,16,20,24,26,28,30,31,32

MacBookPro11,2 (xcpm, patched mach_kernel)

DPCIManager PStates: 8,24,25,26,27,29,30,32,33

MacBookPro11,2 (xcpm, parts borrowed from real MacBookPro11,2 install):

DPCIManager PStates: 8, 17, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32

See my blog for perl patch for mach_kernel.

For ease of use, I'm providing the patches from my blog here. Please note these patches are only for applying to vanilla mach_kernel, not the "xcpm free" kernel for 10.9 provided as the attachment. The two techniques are mutually exclusive. Either you use "xcpm free" and old school PM, or you use patched kernel and new school (xcpm) PM.

For 10.9.x:

perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x6c(\x48\x83\xc7\x28\x90\x8b\x05..\x5e\x00\x85\x47\xdc)\x74\x54(\x8b\x4f\xd8\x45\x85\xc0\x74\x08\x44\x39\xc1\x44\x89\xc1)\x75\x44(\x0f\x32\x89\xc0\x48\xc1\xe2\x20\x48\x09\xc2\x48\x89\x57\xf8\x48\x8b\x47\xe8\x48\x85\xc0\x74\x06\x48\xf7\xd0\x48\x21\xc2\x48\x0b\x57\xf0\x49\x89\xd1\x49\xc1\xe9\x20\x89\xd0\x8b\x4f\xd8\x4c\x89\xca)(\x0f\x30\x8b\x4f\xd8\x0f\x32\x89\xc0\x48\xc1\xe2\x20\x48\x09\xc2\x48\x89\x17\x48\x83\xc7\x30\xff\xce)\x75\x99(\x5d\xc3)\x90{7}|\x74\x73${1}\x74\x5b${2}\x75\x4b${3}\x66\x81\xf9\xe2\x00\x74\x02${4}\x75\x92${5}|g' mach_kernel
For 10.8.5:

perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x69(\x48\x83\xc7\x28\x90\x8b\x05\xfe\xce\x5f\x00\x85\x47\xdc)\x74\x51(\x8b\x4f\xd8\x45\x85\xc0\x74\x05\x44\x39\xc1)\x75\x44(\x0f\x32\x89\xc0\x48\xc1\xe2\x20\x48\x09\xc2\x48\x89\x57\xf8\x48\x8b\x47\xe8\x48\x85\xc0\x74\x06\x48\xf7\xd0\x48\x21\xc2\x48\x0b\x57\xf0\x49\x89\xd1\x49\xc1\xe9\x20\x89\xd0\x8b\x4f\xd8\x4c\x89\xca)(\x0f\x30\x8b\x4f\xd8\x0f\x32\x89\xc0\x48\xc1\xe2\x20\x48\x09\xc2\x48\x89\x17\x48\x83\xc7\x30\xff\xce)\x75\x9c(\x5d\xc3)\x90{7}(\x90{3})|\x74\x70${1}\x74\x58${2}\x75\x4b${3}\x66\x81\xf9\xe2\x00\x74\x02${4}\x75\x95${5}${6}|g' mach_kernel
How to patch your kernel

The vanilla mach_kernel is located on your USB installer after creating your USB (with whatever tool you like :-). Here's how to patch it:

# in Terminal, assuming your USB is called Installer
cp /Volumes/Installer/mach_kernel ~/Desktop/mach_kernel_backup
cp /Volumes/Installer/mach_kernel ~/Desktop/mach_kernel
cd ~/Desktop
# now copy/paste one or more of the perl patches from above into Terminal
perl ...[from above]... mach_kernel
perl ...[from above]... mach_kernel
# patched mach_kernel is now at ~/Desktop/mach_kernel
sudo cp mach_kernel /Volumes/Installer/mach_kernel
After you install OS X to your HDD, you will have vanilla mach_kernel on the HDD, leading to the same instant reboot problem. So, you must re-enter the OS X installer, and go into Terminal (using Utilities -> Terminal) and replace the mach_kernel with the patched version:

# in Terminal from the OS X installer, assuming your HDD volume is called "Macintosh HD"
cp /mach_kernel "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/mach_kernel"
After that, you can exit the installer, and boot into the installed partition to finish installation and reach the desktop.

MD5 sums for mach_kernel

Check your md5 sums with:

md5 mach_kernel
10.9.4 mach_kernel

vanilla: 3d0ad5a7a8ef3b1d4e6ea33e92e4d3b5

xpcm patched: 921c850e3062e750730b0e99f5eaa381

10.9.3 mach_kernel

vanilla: 5ba55b0d446094f82e48e8a413ddfaec

xcpm patched: 6848b1904426d5e270a2db6fada67fb0

10.9.2 mach_kernel

vanilla: 15ce54d9b6edc47e282fdf038f71738c

xcpm patched: aeb9203dc754afac23bf9696833032fe

10.9 mach_kernel

vanilla: 06b687fa00945c97e06ad1919625793c

xcpm patched: 88bf62a7955b9e20cdb19906bdda6b43

10.8.5 mach_kernel

vanilla: e835be83eb956af0b63d28f69bfb22b3

xcpm patched: 539c3a1e2fef063384b44543765b8a39

DSDT Patches:

I have published my DSDT patch project on github. It relies heavily on my generic laptop DSDT patch repo. Read the README.md and setup carefully in order to use.

https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch

10.9 kernel (xcpm free) built from Apple's sources is provided below. Note: DO NOT apply the patches to this attached kernel... they will have no effect. The patches are for vanilla mach_kernel.

Update 2014-02-13

Attached mach_kernel built from Apple's sources removed. There is no reason to use it. Use the provided patches to create a mach_kernel that works with machines with locked MSR 0xE2.

Does this patch work for 10.9.5 ?

Hi Jsl

are you using yosemite beta public 2. I try to install 10.10 on my G750js it doesn't work. i create usb boot clover by this topic http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299865-clover-v2k-r2780-special-edition-yosemite-beta-1-2/

But i can't boot right now i think I miss some Boot argument 

Use my config.plist please.

config.plist.zip

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bradipi15
      Ciao ragazzi ho un problema strano... 
      Praticamente quando avvio il pc usando il dsdt, appena connetto la tavoletta grafica huion h640p, il pc si riavvia... 
      Se invece tolgo il dsdt, funziona tutto perfettamente... 
    • By Fede1132
      Hi guys i have a problem install macOs Mojave on my PC, I have this configuration:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X;
      GPU1: GTX 970 Strix(For game rendering and 144Hz Monitor);
      GPU2: GTX 750ti Strix(For 2nd monitor rendering to get 100% performances from 1st 144Hz Monitor);
      MotherBoard: MSI x470 GAMING PLUS
      Hard Disk 1 (Windows 10): Samsung EVO M.2;
      Hard Disk 2 (For Storage): RAID (1) between two hard disks;
      Hard Disk 3 (For Mojave): Kingston SSD 120GB;

I have created my USB with this:

Create Bootable USB Code: sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB -- /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app -- nointeract && say Done. Clover Settings: Boot: Verbose; dart=0; nv_disable=0; kext-dev-mode=1; GraphicsEnabler=No; XMPDetection = No. Cpu: C6. Devices: (Not Enabled = [ ] - Enabled = [-] - Full Enabled [✓]) Inject (Full Enabled); Add ClockID (Full Enabled); FixOwnership (Full Enabled); Gui: (Not Enabled = [ ] - Enabled = [-] - Full Enabled [✓]) Enabled (Full Enabled); Screen Resolution: 1920x1080; Kernel and Kext Patches: (Not Enabled = [ ] - Enabled = [-] - Full Enabled [✓]) Apple RTC (Full Enabled); KernelPm (Full Enabled); SMBIOS: iMac(18,3); System Parameters: Inject Kexts = Yes; Inject System ID; Used Kexts: FakeSMC FakePCIID NVIDIA WEB LILU BIOS: VT-d = Disabled; XHCI Hand-Off = Enabled; Legacy USB Support: Enabled; Hard Disk: AHCI Mode; Selection Mode: Legacy + EUFI; Clover Install Log:
      Full Error Log:

• By MaLd0n
      Now have a Olarila app, just download app and clover folder for your Chipset! https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=6771   Install MacOS with Olarila Image, Step by Step, Install and Post Install

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8685
        Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra Check out the link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/559-flash-drive-maker/   --Install Clover in USB stick UEFI mode https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/   --Replace Folder CLOVER INSTALLATION.zip   --Install System and boot with USB STICK! --Install Clover in UEFI mode and replace with my folder  Mavericks / Yosemite CLOVER Mavericks-Yosemite.zip El Capitan / Sierra CLOVER El Capitan-Sierra.zip   --Reboot and activate video!   Bingo!   Now you need a fine tune! I prefer DSDT way, apply all patches in one file, many people prefer many SSDTs or Clover patches! If you need DSDT edit... -Post your full Clover folder with original tables in Origin folder(Extract with F4 in Clover boot screen) -Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=222606 -Run it, post files generate in your desktop http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=222609    --DSDT My DSDT DSDT.Asus Z97M-PLUS.zip   Patches  -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -HPET -SATA -SLPB -EHCx -DARWIN -LPC -XHCI -HDEF -RTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -HDMI -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -PNLF --SSDT Generate your SSDT Power Management, use ssdtPRGen Piker-Alpha https://github.com/Piker-Alpha run in terminal curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh sudo ~/ssdtPRGen.sh ssdtPRGen.command.zip

--SSDT i74790K
      SSDT.i7 4790K.zip

--IOREG
      iMac.ioreg.zip

Clear NVRAM, Purge and Kextcache Olarila.command.zip   stock coolerand Rio 40º    --FakeSMC http://www.hwsensors.com/releases --Audio http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/314406-voodoohda-289/ --USB https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads --LAN http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304235-intelmausiethernetkext-for-intel-onboard-lan/   Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
    • By valueimagery
      Hello Everybody,

First Hack here, and I have a fresh vanilla install with Mojave 10.14.2 closely following this vanilla installation:
      https://hackintosh.gitbook.io/-r-ha...p-guide/config.plist-per-hardware/coffee-lake

I was surprised how well it worked initially with the above suggested settings. Only a few minor things (USB SSDT, signing the Bluetooth Kext, and switching from VritualSMC to FakeSMC) needed to be adjusted to get were I am currently.

I built this machine to be a video editing/photography workstation. And so far pretty happy but would really appreciate if anyone has any knowledge or solutions with the few problems I'm still experiencing:

1) FIXED (SEE COMMENT BELOW)
      Sleep issues waking up from sleep (maybe due to the ASMEDIA USB controller)
      -FIX WAS UNRELATED TO ASMEDIA CONTROLLER BUT DUE TO PREFERENCE OF "ALLOW BLUETOOTH DEVICE TO WAKE THIS COMPUTER"/ AN EXTERNAL USB 3 to SATA Cable for Hot plugging SSD's/2.5" HDD's.  With USB to SATA adapter unplugged/ Bluetooth preference changed, Mac now sleeps uninterrupted.

2)
      The ASMEDIA USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports ejecting after sleep

3)
      Am I currently using the correct setup for graphic acceleration with a connector-less ID for the UHD 630 and Radeon RX580? Specifically for optimized performance with FCPX. 

4)
      Normal Power Consumption?

I've attached my config.plist, ioreg.zip from RUNME app, SSDT-UIAC.aml (created using Rehabman Method), and my DSDT.aml (from this post for the Maximus x code courtesy of @MaLd0n ) If anyone has the time to take a look and maybe shed some light if I've done something wrong that be awesome.

And for anyone looking to build a similar machine, I would highly recommend it, and feel free to use these settings. If these minor last things are addressed, this is a really solid hack.

Cheers,
      Shark

Detailed below is What is Not Working, The Build/BIOS Setup/Install Process, and What is Working.

NOT WORKING:
      1) Sleep:

If I put the computer to sleep, or it falls asleep on it's own, it wakes up immediately after sleep.

I’m getting these errors in terminal trying to figure this out using the following two commands:

Command: pmset -g
      sleep 10 (sleep prevented by powerd, sharingd)

Command: log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"
      localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XHC

Here are my current settings:
      Clover:
      Boot -> Darkwake=0 (tried 1 and 2 as well)
      Energy Saver Settings: 
      Nothing Checked EXCEPT Put Hard disk to sleep when possible

Would like Power Nap Enabled for the purpose of Time Machine, but doesn’t seem to be an option with Hackintosh?

Using Terminal I have disabled the following:
      sudo pmset -a ttyskeepawake 0
      sudo pmset -a proximitywake 0
      sudo pmset -a standby 0
      sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

2) USB 3.1 Gen 2

For the 2.0/3.0 Intel Chipset, I’ve tried both the @headkaze Intel FB-Patcher v 1.6.8 and @RehabMan instructions on creating a SSDT. The FB-Patcher did not work completely. So I continued with @RehabMan method, created a SSDT, and sacrificed 2 x usb 2.0 ports and 1 internal RGB LED header to reach my 15 port max with 3.0 speeds on all SS ports.

The ASMEDIA Ports work OOB with full 3.1 speeds. However the Eject issue can only be resolved by using an App like Jettison. And using that app doesn’t solve the sleep issue, computer still wakes. I’d rather figure out why the disks keep ejecting on sleep and if fixing issue #1 would resolve issue #2 or vice versa?

Do I possibly need a power management ssdt? And how would I create one for the ASMEDIA chip?

I've now tried using the attached DSDT.aml in my Patched folder.  I can now see it's working as my PCI devices in System Profiler are now populating (before it was stating no PCI devices).  However still experiencing sleep and eject issues.

Ioreg Reads for the ASMEDIA 3.1 controller as:

The 3.1 controllers for the back USB gen 2 ports are controlled by:
      RP05@1C,4/IOPP/PXSX@0/PXSX@01000000
      PRT1@01100000 (type C) (3.1 speeds)
      PRT2@01200000 (type A) (3.1 speeds)
      PRT3@01300000 (type C) (2.0 speeds)
      PRT4@01400000 (type A) (2.0 speeds)

The 1 x 3.1 type C port on the front panel is controlled by:
      RP07@1C,6/IOPP/PXSX@0/PXSX@01000000
      HS01@00300000 (2.0 speed)
      SS01@00100000 (3.1 Speed) 

There is also a SS02@0010000 under this controller, and as far as I can tell it does not have a function. Is there a way to disable, such as when creating an Intel Chipset SSDT?

3) FINAL CUT ISSUES/ GRAPHIC ACCELERATION:
      Currently it doesn’t appear that the IGPU UHD 630 is doing much in iStats. In Apple System Profile/ Activity Monitor GPU window I only see RX580, no UHD 630. Is this how it should be? Or is that what connector-less ID should look like?

With FCPX there is no crashing, glitchy exports, or rendering issues, however not sure if Graphic acceleration is being used to its fullest potential.
      The IGPU uses 5-8% Memory/ Processor when playing/scrubbing in timeline.
      And only 5-10% of the IGPU Memory (no processor) is used during any render or export of footage. The RX580 is still doing most of the hard work. My Bruce X times are quick 14-18 seconds, but I’m curious as to why the IGPU isn’t doing any of the lifiting. Is this expected? I'm pretty happy with how Lightroom and Final Cut are performing, I just want to make sure I've set the hardware up correctly.

4) Power Consumption
      I have a general understanding of building computers, but not an expert especially with first time building a Hackintosh, overclocking, timings, voltages, etc…

In HWMonitor the CPU Package Core reads blank, CPU Package Total is anywhere from 3.52w to 4.8w, the CPU Package DRAM is anywhere from 1.12 – 5.08. 

Is this normal, or high? My temperatures seem fine and idle between 45-57 C, And Max shortly at 85 during stress tests.

So just not sure if the CPU Power Consumption HWmonitor reporting is normal or abnormal. I've attached two HWmonitor screenshots 1 normal idle cpu, one while FCP rendering.

THE INSTALL…
      Kexts Used:
      AirportBrcmFixup.kext
      AppleALC.kext
      BRCMFirmwareData.kext
      BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
      BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
      FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
      FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
      FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
      FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
      FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
      FakeSMC.kext
      IntelMausiEthernet.kext
      Lilu.kext
      USBInjectAll.kext 
      WhateverGreen.kext
      XHCI-unsupported.kext

BUILD:
      ASUS ROG Maximus X CODE
      i7 8700k OC’d to 4800
      2 x 16gb Corsair Vegeance LPX DDR4 2400mhz C16 OC’d to 2666mhz
      Sapphire RX 580 NITRO+ 8Gb Graphics Card
      BCM94352Z Dell DW1560 (Wifi and Bluetooth Both Natively Working with Rehabman Kexts)
      BeQuiet! Darkrock Pro 4 
      EVGA 650w g1+
      Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
      Samsung 28” E590DS (DP), Samsung 24” D300 (HDMI), Samsung 22” Syncmaster (DVI), Sony Bravia 48” (HDMI)

Pre Install BIOS Settings:
      Updated Bios to Version 1704
      Loaded Optimized Defaults 
      AI Overclocker Tuner > Manual
      Extreme Tweeking > Enable
      Advanced \ System Agent(SA) Configuration →IGPU Multi-Monitor : Enabled
      Advanced \ System Agent (SA) Configuration →Vt-d: Disabled
      System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > Primary Display > PEG
      USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > AUTO
      USB Configuration > Keyboard and Mouse Simulation > Disabled
      APM Configuration > Power on by PCI - E/PCI > Disabled
      CSM: Disabled 
      Fast Boot > Disabled
      Boot Logo Display > Disabled
      Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS
      DVMT Pre-Allocated > 128M

WORKING:
      ICLOUD, iMessages, Handoff, etc

Nitro+ 8GB GPU:
      4 Displays (DVI, DP, HDMI 1&2) from RX580 with Audio
      Currently set to 1920 resolution, but have option to use up to 4k resolution (3840x2160)
      Audio over DP and HDMI
      *Not sure if Airplay works as I don’t have an Apple TV, but registers in System Bar and say's looking...

IGPU:
      Set in Connectorless State (AAPL,ig-platform-id: 0300923E)
      *If in a Connected State, slows down Bruce 5k Exports to well over a minute, with glitches, and does not send display signal to DP or HDMI (just green screen), even with connector type patch to correct type. So keeping it connectorless.
      *Not sure if Graphic acceleration is really working as FCPX is struggling with Multicam original media. This could just be the GH5 4k file encoding that FCPX struggles with. Was just hoping to remove creating proxy media from my workflow.

Audio Front/ Back
      All working:
      Digital Optical Out 
      Back Green - Internal Speakers
      Front Headphones - Internal Speakers automatically changes to Headphones when plugged in
      Back Mic (Internal Microphone, not Line In)
      Front Mic (Internal Microphone, changes to a 2nd Line In)

Bluetooth
      After initial install Bluetooth was seen by Mac System but not recognising any devices
      Thanks to @RehabMan Entered following code in terminal and bluetooth now works:
      sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

I've now enabled this in my config.plist as well.
      https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/blob/master/README-Mac.md
      (unsigned kernel extensions need to be enabled. Take the following steps in the Terminal)

FANS/ TEMPS
      Temps or Fans were not registering with TG Pro using VirtualSMC.kext
      Fixed by switching from VIRTUALSMC.kext with older FAKESMC.kext with sensor gauges kexts. All working now.
      Computer Idles between 46 and 52 Celcius. Hits 81-87 when stress testing.

USB 2.0/3.0 
      It appears that are physically too many USB ports on the Asus Maximus Code X to ever work with the 15 port limit safely. I created a custom SSDT that disabled USB 2.0 hs07(L),HS08(ML),12(aura led controller) to get usb 3.0 speeds on ss04,ss05, and ss06
      Be curious if anyone ever found a workaround for this...

Overclocking:
      RAM:
      2400mhz to 2666mhz with Manual DRAM frequency change in BIOS. Did not change Latency or Timing and no crashing or panics so far. The 2666mhz speed is recognised in About this Mac and the Novabench RAM score increased.
      *Please advise if this method of overclocking the RAM is unadvisable.

CPU:
      4.8ghz @ 75F @ 50% (Prime 95 test)
      Followed these BIOS steps:

config_ValuesImac.plist
      DSDT.aml
      Send me Values-iMac.zip
      SSDT-UIAC.aml

• By Slickademo
      I got a Hackintosh I use for music production. 
      Gigabyte z370 Gaming 7
      I7 8700k
      64 GB RAM
      Sapphire Vega 64

I can't get through mixing a song or working on a song without my computer randomly crashing. I already tried replacing the RAM and it did nothing. 
      Here's a crash report :

Anonymous UUID:       E1AFFE16-EE3F-B507-9C69-7C0ECA36C3A2
      Fri Dec 28 15:18:09 2018
      *** Panic Report ***
      panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80032bc002): "Possible memory corruption: pmap_pv_remove(0xffffff80a21a12e0,0x13a65f000,0xed1827, 0x8000000ed1827066, 0xfffffe93b7fd22f8): empty hash, priors: 0"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-4903.231.4/osfmk/i386/pmap_internal.h:842
      Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address
      0xffffffa762b0b930 : 0xffffff80031aeafd 
      0xffffffa762b0b980 : 0xffffff80032e85a3 
      0xffffffa762b0b9c0 : 0xffffff80032d9fca 
      0xffffffa762b0ba30 : 0xffffff800315bca0 
      0xffffffa762b0ba50 : 0xffffff80031ae517 
      0xffffffa762b0bb70 : 0xffffff80031ae363 
      0xffffffa762b0bbe0 : 0xffffff80032bc002 
      0xffffffa762b0bcd0 : 0xffffff80032bcaf7 
      0xffffffa762b0bd30 : 0xffffff8003243cec 
      0xffffffa762b0be80 : 0xffffff800324b3d2 
      0xffffffa762b0bec0 : 0xffffff80031a1833 
      0xffffffa762b0bef0 : 0xffffff80032c170b 
      0xffffffa762b0bfa0 : 0xffffff800315c486 
      BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Reason
      Boot args: dart=0 
      Mac OS version:
      18C54
      Kernel version:
      Darwin Kernel Version 18.2.0: Mon Nov 12 20:24:46 PST 2018; root:xnu-4903.231.4~2/RELEASE_X86_64
      Kernel UUID: 56B30885-F9BA-30E8-AD1C-5D59EC243BA9
      Kernel slide:     0x0000000002e00000
      Kernel text base: 0xffffff8003000000
      __HIB  text base: 0xffffff8002f00000
      System model name: iMac18,3 (Mac-BE088AF8C5EB4FA2)
      System uptime in nanoseconds: 541467231994
      last loaded kext at 256510804912: com.apple.filesystems.msdosfs    1.10 (addr 0xffffff7f87b32000, size 69632)
      last unloaded kext at 317416840242: com.apple.filesystems.msdosfs    1.10 (addr 0xffffff7f87b32000, size 61440)
      loaded kexts:
      com.apogeedigital.kextElementEnsemble    0.8.2
      com.insanelymac.AtherosE2200Ethernet    2.2.2
      com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet    2.4.0
      as.vit9696.AppleALC    1.3.3
      as.vit9696.WhateverGreen    1.2.4
      as.vit9696.Lilu    1.2.8
      org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC    1800
      com.apple.filesystems.smbfs    3.3.1
      com.apple.driver.AudioAUUC    1.70
      com.apple.fileutil    18.306.12
      com.apple.filesystems.autofs    3.0
      com.apple.driver.AppleUpstreamUserClient    3.6.5
      com.apple.driver.AppleMCCSControl    1.5.6
      com.apple.kext.AMDFramebuffer    2.0.4
      com.apple.kext.AMDRadeonX5000    2.0.4
      com.apple.AGDCPluginDisplayMetrics    3.28.4
      com.apple.driver.AppleHV    1
      com.apple.iokit.IOUserEthernet    1.0.1
      com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager    6.0.9f2
      com.apple.driver.pmtelemetry    1
      com.apple.Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X    7.0.0
      com.apple.kext.AMD10000Controller    2.0.4
      com.apple.driver.AppleOSXWatchdog    1
      com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin    1.0.0
      com.apple.driver.AppleGFXHDA    100.1.40
      com.apple.driver.AppleIntelPCHPMC    2.0.1
      com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSlowAdaptiveClocking    4.0.0
      com.apple.driver.AppleVirtIO    2.1.2
      com.apple.filesystems.hfs.kext    407.200.4
      com.apple.AppleFSCompression.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless    1.0.0d1
      com.apple.BootCache    40
      com.apple.AppleFSCompression.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib    1.0.0
      com.apple.AppleSystemPolicy    1.0
      com.apple.filesystems.apfs    945.230.6
      com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort    329.200.2
      com.apple.private.KextAudit    1.0
      com.apple.driver.AppleACPIButtons    6.1
      com.apple.driver.AppleRTC    2.0
      com.apple.driver.AppleHPET    1.8
      com.apple.driver.AppleSMBIOS    2.1
      com.apple.driver.AppleAPIC    1.7
      com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall    190
      com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet    8
      com.apple.kext.triggers    1.0
      com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusController    1.0.18d1
      com.apple.iokit.IOSMBusFamily    1.1
      com.apple.kext.AMDRadeonX5000HWLibs    1.0
      com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily2    404.2.2
      com.apple.kext.AMDRadeonX5000HWServices    2.0.4
      com.apple.iokit.IOAVBFamily    710.1
      com.apple.plugin.IOgPTPPlugin    700.7
      com.apple.iokit.IOEthernetAVBController    1.1.0
      com.apple.driver.AppleSSE    1.0
      com.apple.iokit.IOSurface    255.1
      com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginLegacy    1.0.0
      com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport    530
      com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginFamily    6.0.0d8
      com.apple.AppleGPUWrangler    3.28.4
      com.apple.kext.AMDSupport    2.0.4
      com.apple.AppleGraphicsDeviceControl    3.28.4
      com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily    530.14
      com.apple.iokit.IOSlowAdaptiveClockingFamily    1.0.0
      com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport    6.0.9f2
      com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport    6.0.9f2
      com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothHostControllerTransport    6.0.9f2
      com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothFamily    6.0.9f2
      com.apple.driver.usb.IOUSBHostHIDDevice    1.2
      com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily    206.5
      com.apple.vecLib.kext    1.2.0
      com.apple.driver.AppleUSBHostMergeProperties    1.2
      com.apple.driver.usb.networking    5.0.0
      com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBHostCompositeDevice    1.2
      com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBHub    1.2
      com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily    11
      com.apple.filesystems.hfs.encodings.kext    1
      com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBHostPacketFilter    1.0
      com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily    900.4.2
      com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage    301.200.2
      com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI    4.7.6
      com.apple.iokit.IOThunderboltFamily    6.8.1
      com.apple.iokit.IONVMeFamily    2.1.0
      com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIFamily    288
      com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI    1.2
      com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI    1.2
      com.apple.driver.AppleEFINVRAM    2.1
      com.apple.driver.AppleEFIRuntime    2.1
      com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily    2.0.0
      com.apple.security.quarantine    3
      com.apple.security.sandbox    300.0
      com.apple.kext.AppleMatch    1.0.0d1
      com.apple.driver.DiskImages    493.0.0
      com.apple.driver.AppleFDEKeyStore    28.30
      com.apple.driver.AppleEffaceableStorage    1.0
      com.apple.driver.AppleKeyStore    2
      com.apple.driver.AppleUSBTDM    456.230.1
      com.apple.driver.AppleMobileFileIntegrity    1.0.5
      com.apple.kext.CoreTrust    1
      com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageDriver    145.200.2
      com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIBlockCommandsDevice    408.200.1
      com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily    408.200.1
      com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily    2.1
      com.apple.driver.AppleCredentialManager    1.0
      com.apple.driver.KernelRelayHost    1
      com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily    1.2
      com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBCommon    1.0
      com.apple.driver.AppleBusPowerController    1.0
      com.apple.driver.AppleSEPManager    1.0.1
      com.apple.driver.IOSlaveProcessor    1
      com.apple.iokit.IOReportFamily    47
      com.apple.iokit.IOTimeSyncFamily    700.7
      com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily    3.4
      com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform    6.1
      com.apple.driver.AppleSMC    3.1.9
      com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily    2.9
      com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily    1.4
      com.apple.kec.pthread    1
      com.apple.kec.Libm    1
      com.apple.kec.corecrypto    1.0
      EOF
      System Profile:
      Thunderbolt Bus: 
      Boot Volume File System Type: apfs
      Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 16 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz, Crucial Technology, BLS16G4D26BFSE.16FBD
      Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 16 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz, Crucial Technology, BLS16G4D26BFSE.16FBD
      Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM1, 16 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz, Crucial Technology, BLS16G4D26BFSE.16FBD
      Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM1, 16 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz, Crucial Technology, BLS16G4D26BFSE.16FBD
      USB Device: USB 3.1 Bus
      USB Device: USB2.0 Hub
      USB Device: USB2.0 Hub
      USB Device: Macally XKEYLED USB Keyboard
      USB Device: USB3.0 Hub
      USB Device: USB3.0 Hub
      USB Device: USB 3.0 Bus
      USB Device: 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub
      USB Device: H150i Platinum
      USB Device: iLok
      USB Device: CodeMeter-Stick
      USB Device: Apogee Control
      USB Device: Macally ECOMouse
      USB Device: USB Axiom 49
      USB Device: Back-UPS RS 1500G FW:865.L5 .D USB FW:L5
      USB Device: 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub
      USB Device: BCM20702A0
      Serial ATA Device: ST2000DX002-2DV164, 2 TB
      Model: iMac18,3, BootROM 166.0.0.0.0, 6 processors, Intel Core i7, 3.70 GHz, 64 GB, SMC 2.41f1
      Graphics: Radeon RX Vega 64, Radeon RX Vega 64, PCIe
      Network Service: Ethernet 2, Ethernet, en1
      Bluetooth: Version 6.0.9f2, 3 services, 27 devices, 1 incoming serial ports

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.