Niresh OSX 10.8.2 "You need to restart your computer" Error

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. First off, some system specs:

CPU - i7-4770 @ 3.4GHZ
MB - Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
OS - 64 Bit Windows 8
RAM - 16GB (not sure of the make)

Alright, I installed the Niresh OSX 10.8.2. Afterwards, it restarted and went to the grey apple screen for a few seconds and transitioned to this screen shortly after:

330ttl3.jpg

I restarted and used the -v to give you guys something to work with. This is where it stopped:

photo_2.jpg

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

-v shows no error other than graphics.

can you keep the machine on longer? ~10 minutes

and also, i believe that haswell is too new for 10.8.2 so try mavericks or 10.8.5

Hey all you have to do is booting in safe mode (-x) then go to S/L/E and delete these kexts : 

• ATI...
  • GEFORCE...
  • AMD...
  • NVD...

Then use kext wizzard to repair permissions and rebuild caches, reboot and you'll get it working. 

PS : you have to install a fixed driver for your video card after, PEACE!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rohan20
      Opencore is running really really slow on Catalina 10.15.4. So It was running perfectly before I put the ssdt-pnlf for enabling Brightness control. it is running really slow and I verified my config with the sanity checker and its all correct. can someone please help. I am attaching my oc folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/drkek0eaz19ina5/OC.zip?dl=0

• By Georgiles
      Laptop: Asus Vivobook F510UA
      CPU: Intel Core i5-8250U
      Graphic: Intel UHD 620
      Wifi: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 (no kexts for intel wifi) :(
      Card Reader: Realtek_CardReader(RTL8411B_RTS5226_RTS5227)
      Camera: ASUS UVC HD 7.Audio: Conexant Audio CX8050
      Touchpad: ELAN1300

by parkrypto: thank you tctien342 for the amazing guide.

https://github.com/tctien342/Asus-Vivobook-S510UA-High-Sierra-10.13-Hackintosh

Ebayed the laptop for $290 + tax = $350
      added: 16gb RAM + existing 8GB = 24GB          Timetec Hynix IC 16GB DDR4 2400MHz PC4-19200 Non ECC Unbuffered 1.2V CL17 2Rx8 Dual Rank 260 Pin SODIMM Laptop Notebook Computer Memory Ram Module Upgrade S Series (16GB)     
      added: cheap wifi         TP-Link USB Wifi Adapter for PC N150 Wireless Network Adapter for Desktop - Nano Size Wifi Dongle Compatible with Windows 10/7/8/8.1/XP/Vista Mac OS 10.9-10.15 Linux Kernel 2.6.18-4.4.3 (TL-WN725N)     
      added: NAND 1TB Internal PC SSD https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073SB2MXT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      Gadget Reviews upgraded too, video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39EquX5PTkQ

I just installed. Everything works fine. I'll test final cut pro, premiere pro with 4k footage and get back with you on performance. 
      For now moves like a performant Mac book pro. 
      I installed Catalina first but I could not make the Intel UHD 620 Graphics get proper QE/CI. 
      Mojave is just fine. I want to use this system for quick video editing on the go.
      Geekbench in my signature.  
      If you need any files or have any questions pls ask.

asus f510u mojave.zip
    • By JoelChris
      Hi guys! I really need help right now.
      So I've just updated my Hackintosh to Catalina 10.15.3 with these following specs,

Z390 Designare
      Core i9 9900k
      RX 590 Nitro + 8gb Gold Edition
      32 GB ram of Corsair RGB Pro

After the update, I tried to boot and it's a black screen after loading.
      I also have recently updated the WEG and Lilu, but there's nothing new. It's still stuck with a black screen.

I have attached my Clover below..
      CLOVER.zip
      Please help and Thankyou so much!
    • By amalintosh
      Hi
      I was trying to install Mojave on newly built pc, I am stuck at this apfs-module-start 1393 error right now. I tried downgrading the bios version of my motherboard. Tried different KEXTS, EFI folders but didn't work. I have installed windows 10 on it right now.
      Can some one help me on this.

My PC Config
      i7 9700k
      16gb ddr4 3200ghz ram HyperX
      Asus rog strix z390e
      Gigabyte rx590 8gb
      Wd 500gb nvme m2 ssd
      2tb barracuda hdd

regards
      Amal

• By susteve
      Hello, I am new here, so I apologize if I've chosen the wrong subforum for this question. 

I am scratching my head a bit on an issue with a clients MacBook pro.  He was having USB connection issues and claimed the laptop wasn't detecting any USB connected to it. 

Figuring it was a failed USB port, I took it in but ended up just feeling more confused after doing some diagnostics. 

It came in loaded with Catalina, a recent upgrade spurned the beginning of the issues the client told me. 

I decided to revert it back to the default OS in the base recovery image, which is Yosemite. 

Upon finishing the install, I found that the USB port was in fact working again. Figuring I had resolved the issue, I updated it back to Catalina just to be met with the same issue upon reinstalling. 

SMH 

Tried nvram, pram, and smc reset each to no avail.  

One thing to note is that during boot, the USB is getting power as it lights up when connected during boot up. 

But the ports are dead as soon as it boots into the operating system. 

I have a strong feeling that this is a driver issue. I tried unloading and reloading the USB IO kext, with no noticable change. 

Is anyone here familiar with this issue? Would there be any other kext related troubleshooting i can perform ? Is it possible to revert to the kext used in Yosemite on catalina ?

One last thing to note, on Yosemite the USB was functioning 100%. But I did get a strange notification that the USB ports were using power even when there wasn't any connected to it. Either way, I find it very very odd that it works perfectly in Yosemite. 

Thanks in advance

Steve