[Solved] Help with ADI AD2000b on Mavericks

Shinji3rd2000

59 posts in this topic

I will give you a cleaned version of your extracted dsdt.aml file that you can then make copy of and practice DTGP and HDEF patching with......see my guide here.......this will help you learn about DSDT patching....... :)

Here are the files: DSDT for Asus P6T Deluxe v2.zip

Edited by verdant

@verdant,

Thank you so much for doing that for me, I really appreciate it! I'm going to read your (linked) post now and attempt to get this audio working.

Thanks.

@ Phr4c7ur3

Have fun with your DSDT.aml...... :thumbsup_anim:  Post your progress with AD2000B audio here......BTW remember that DSDT.aml mods are invariably MOBO specific so do careful research for DSDT mods for your MOBO for mods such as power management etc.

@ Phr4c7ur3

It is P0P4 not POP4, and I should have said that I renamed USBE as UHCI to match the real Mac DSDT name..........but the device address is the key, so look for Name (_ADR, 0x001A0007) and for Name (_ADR, 0x001C0000)

Line 5152 - Device (UCHI)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001A0007)

Line 5196 - Device (P0P4)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001C0000)

BTW if you can find, install and run IORegistryExplorer (Google is your friend), then use "Save a Copy As" to save your IOReg output as a "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file.

Install Evosx86 Team's Snow Leopard x64 version v1.1 of the UNIX lspci utility which works with OS X Mavericks:

lspci V1.1.pkg.zip

Then restart OS X and type in Terminal:
lspci -b -nn
and export the output as a text file and save it.

Give me a download link for your "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file, and lspci output text file....

• Like 1

Hi Verdant, 

I have more issues with launching applications, in particular the IORegistryExplorer you mentioned in your previous post,  I've started a new thread here so as not to confuse this thread and in the hope that it helps others find an answer more easily.

I'll check back in here when I've resolved that issue.

Thank you for all your help; you've helped me here and on other posts and do really appreciate it.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Recently installed yosemite on my Asus P5Q-E which has this sound card, I used latest ###### and ####### to do the install.

I followed this installation guide ######

The installation guide is for the Asus P5Q which has a different ethernet card and audio card. so I didn't do what he included for that.

Following the guide, After installation, I copied the Extra folder from the "USB yosemite install" to my main folder, then I launched ##### installed

1. ######

2. Mac Pro 3,1 defintion

3. GPUEnabler=Yes

4. IGPEnabler=No

5. Theme white #######

I have not installed anything else,

The computer runs well with my WIFI card, bluetooth dongle without any other modifications. 

It sleeps wakes and shuts down reboots fine.

The 2 problems I have are the audio and my ethernet card. 

I know once i solve my ethernet, I can connect to the apple store etc.

But before I do anything I want to get my audio working. 

Once I figure out how to fix my audio, I will move on to the ethernet card. If I start messing things up in the fixing of my audio, I can always reinstall fresh reinstall but I want to get the exact method to get audio working on a clean install of yosemite. 

Since i don't have a DSDT or anything like that, It is a very basic install and would like getting the native hardware working before I start moving on.

Can you please explain to me how i would get the ad2000b audio working. Should I create DSDT, I don't want to use someone else's DSDT, I want to keep my install as vanilla as possible.

Or can you please point me in the right direction.

• 1 year later...

hi. 

Asus p6td deluxe, with AD2008 i've just tested on sierra.

apple+hda works, but  a better result for me was voodoo 2.8.4. albeit after the install (##### from yosemite!) i've got an error.

restart (i m note sure if before rst i ve used kext utility. guess not) and here it is.

oh, and i've set mac 5.1