Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hi, everyone so I am currently dual-booting Windows 10 and Linux Mint. I would like to add Mojave and triple boot (without formatting/losing all data from windows and linux).
My Current Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 (not k) Sandy Bridge
GPU: Aorus Radeon RX570 4GB
Motherboard: Intel SWQ6710H
HDD: 4TB Western Digital Blue WD40EZRZ
Ram: 20GB DDR3 Total (2x 8GB + 2x 2GB)
1. Is it possible to install Mojave on my HDD without wiping Windows 10 or Linux Mint?
2. What guide is most ideal for my situation?
If you need any additional information or details, I am more than happy to provide that. I tried multiple guides months ago and could not get the installation to work.
HP 840 G2, working with OS X 10.15 Catalina, for this to work you will need the SSDT-ECUSBX.aml and place that EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched.
Make sure you remove Remove all patch about renaming acpi of EC or H_EC,, revert all ACPI renaming in ACPI DSDT.
I have a HP 840 G3 that was donated to me to Hackintosh, currently running High Sierra 10.13.6. This should work for the 840 G2 and you may even have more luck with the 840 G1 with the WiFi that PCIe.
My method to install OS X on the SSD from a working real Mac via SSD to USB converter. I then install Clover and add my kexts ad set the config.plist
SD Card reader
Video - screen looks better in OS X then it does in Windows 10
WiFi and BlueTooth working OOO using the below hack
Battery status with Rehabman's DSDT patch
Sounds - using VoodooHDA
Microphone - cannot turn it off or mute
Keyboard backlight - controlled though BIOS anyways
touchpad - using VoodooPS2Controller
USB3 - this laptop has two on board only and I haven't test them using the docking station
Ethernet - using IntelMausiEthernet
Sleep - kind of, closing the lid doesn't go to sleep but goes to sleep over time.
This laptop does not have a Webcam - enterprise model.
Finger Print device
For me what keeps this from being a day to day usable laptop (Mac Book) is the WiFi + Bluetooth, not having battery percentage could be an issue later though.
Clover_folder for those that want to play along.
Notebook: Acer A315-53-34MP, High Sierra 10.13.6 && Mojave 10.14.6 installation
CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-8130U, 3400 MHz
Memory: Kingston, DDR4, 2x4Gb, 2400 MHz
Video: Intel UHD620 (integrated)
Display: CMN N156HGA-EAB [15.6" LCD] (embedded)
External monitor: LG TV 42LF650V
SSD: Leven JAJS300M240C, 240 Gb (replacement)
Chipset: Intel Sunrise Point-LP
Sound: Intel Kaby Lake HDMI + Realtek ALC255
LAN: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Wi-Fi + Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM94352Z (replacement)
Cardreader: Realtek PCIE RTS5289
Mac model: MacBookPro14,2
MacOS versions tested: High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G8030) && Mojave 10.14.6 (18G95) && Catalina 10.15 (19A558d)
Here is what I used to install and configure the system:
- Video settings: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334899-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen/
- Wi-Fi settings: https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup
- Bluetooth settings: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/blob/master/README.md
- Touchpad settings: https://voodooi2c.github.io
- Cardreader settings: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321080-sineteks-driver-for-realtek-rtsx-sdhc-card-readers/
- Clover, version v2.5k r5033: https://github.com/Dids/clover-builder/releases/tag/v2.5k_r5033
- The results of the work of many developers in this and other forums.
- Video: Full HD x 60Hz accelerated video on embedded and external (HDMI) monitors
- Sound: embedded and external (audio jack + HDMI audio)
- Touchpad (gestures)
- USB2 && USB3 ports
- VGA WebCam
- Sleep mode
- Display brightness and volume control using function keys
- Battery Indication
- Automatically dimming the screen when the laptop is running on battery power
- Sound notification when external power is connected
What does not work?
How to use
1. Update BIOS to version 2.02. Secure boot must be disabled, Touchpad settings - Advanced
2. To make a bootable flash drive, you can use my EFI directory (link at the end of the message) Tested for High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G8030) && Mojave 10.14.6 (18G95) && Catalina 10.15 (19A558d) installation.
Note: you must insert your own SeralNumber && MLB && ROM in the config.plist file.
3. After installation, just copy EFI directory from flash drive to the system drive.
4. Install kexts BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext && BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to the /Library/Extensions and update system caches.
Hi, I want to install MacOS Catalina on my laptop.
I was installed MacOS Mojave previously but i had a lot of problem, for example my wifi's card (Dell DW1820A) had a problem: My pc sometimes doesn't boot up or pc after some minutes crashed or slowed.
Now i want to try again to install macOS.
this is my spec:
CPU: i7 6500U with HD520
SSD: 500GB SSD Samsung
Wifi & Bluetooth: Dell DW1820A (Bluetooth: BCM2045A0) (Wifi: BCM94350ZAE)
Ethernet: Realtek 8100
Attached in this thread, my old clover configuration created by me (CLOVER OLD) and clover with Wifi driver (CLOVER) created by Hervè (I had asked help at insanelymac's community)
P.S SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.
Thanks in advance