Problem with sleep

VerizonLover

7 posts in this topic

Every time I choose "Sleep" it goes black and pressing any key displays the login window.  The monitor doesn't even get the DPMS signal to go into power-save mode,

It didn't do this in 10.8.

Same DSDT, same everything.

Using Clover r2082.

The latest revision of clover doesn't even work. It freezes after loading the kernel cache.

Any help?

I hate to sneak in on someone else's deal but I've always had trouble's with sleep as well even though I'm on different equipment.  Would you mind looking at mine and giving an opinion?  It would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Riack

Aurora, IL.

Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   PreventDiskIdle                0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   1
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   InteractivePushServiceTask     0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  1
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   NetworkClientActive            0
Listed by owning process:
   pid 16(powerd): [0x000000090000012c] 114:49:29 ExternalMedia named: "com.apple.powermanagement.externalmediamounted"
   pid 50(hidd): [0x0000000a000021c6] 00:09:22 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle"
    Timeout will fire in 879 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease
Kernel Assertions: 0x10c=USB,BT-HID,MAGICWAKE
   id=500  level=255 0x4=USB mod=10/27/13, 4:17 PM description=EHC2 owner=AppleUSBEHCI
   id=501  level=255 0x4=USB mod=10/27/13, 4:17 PM description=EHC1 owner=AppleUSBEHCI
   id=502  level=255 0x8=BT-HID mod=12/31/69, 6:00 PM description=com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver owner=BNBTrackpadDevice
   id=503  level=255 0x8=BT-HID mod=12/31/69, 6:00 PM description=com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver owner=BNBMouseDevice
   id=504  level=255 0x100=MAGICWAKE mod=12/31/69, 6:00 PM description=en1 owner=en1
   id=505  level=255 0x100=MAGICWAKE mod=12/31/69, 6:00 PM description=en2 owner=en2
Ricks-iMac:~ Rick5$

Upon further investigation, turns out that sleep does work, only it takes much longer.. Shutdown and restart issues persist though, I'm starting to believe that Apple changed the way this works, in some manner (either in a driver or in the kernel) Official Mac forums are filled with issues concerning shutdown and sleep issues.

@PoisonApple666 I have similar output minus the IOBluetoothHIDDriver (is your bluetooth working ok?)

and the UserIsActive for me is 0

Unless someone comes up with something, I guess we must wait, I think my DSDT and kextstat look ok, I've posted on the forums with my Issue (Gigabyte X58 UD4P) I really don't know what else to look at.

my bluetooth works great.  My USB is what screws up after waking up after I put it to sleep.

I have the same situation with a different board. I never had problems with waking from sleep errors prior to the Mavericks install but since then when I return from sleep I get completely stuck USB (Unseating a USB device and re-seating it solves the problem) and when I shutdown completely I get a report of a Kernel Panic that says "Sleep Wake Failure" with the code: 0x0^@.

Let me know if anyone comes up with anything to resolve this. My BT works, my USB works (Including 3.0 devices) just waking from sleep causes the odd behavior. 

~Staypuft