Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FrankOshe389

AMD FX + HD7xxx 10.8.3 Hackintosh Build?

3 posts in this topic

Hi,
I'm currently running a Windows 7 x64 PC with:

8GB DDR3 Ram

AMD FX 4170 GPU

AMD Radeon HD 7870 CPU

1TB HDD (Windows 7)

150GB HDD (Blank)

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 Motherboard

I am aware that getting OSX on an AMD machine is not an easy task, but can it be done with my setup?

I am currently running OSX 10.8.3 in VMWare which is OK but lags a fair bit and lacks any kind of 3d acceleration and would like to be able to dual boot it natively alongside windows on the 150GB HDD.

Thanks smile.png

Advertisement

First of all test OS X on a different hdd, it will be easier to troubleshoot. Than go for dual boot because as you know AMD support is not good and that goes true even for their graphics card.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JohnCenaTheMemeMachine
      I'm not expecting too much help, but if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

I recently got my Hackintosh running on macOS 10.14, and went to install the graphics drivers for my Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti. My setup is a little different, so here it is:

Screen 1 Screen 2 Screen 3

Screen 1 and 2 are both connected to my 750 Ti, whereas screen 3 is connected to my iGPU, with is an intel HD 4600. The intel GPU works like a charm, just as it did under High Sierra.

Now, I got the Nvidia Web drivers to "work" by removing any traces via the "Web Driver Toolkit" that others have recommended. I then patched the installer, installed it, rebooted, patched the installed drivers, and rebooted again, where the drivers are at their current state.

This is where things get interesting though. All 3 monitors are recognized. My GPU is recognized in my system profiler. However, it is NOT able to be used to run a compute in Geekbench, meaning that GPU acceleration is obviously disabled. The other thing that doesn't work, is, well, the 2 monitors connected to the GPU. They are set to the correct resolution and refresh rates, and are recognized in System Preferences, and I can even drag things between the different desktops.

But I can only see my cursor. The screens are totally black, and I can't see anything on them except my cursor moving across them. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance!

Specs:
      Asrock B85M-Pro4 Motherboard
      Intel Core i5-4690 CPU
      Intel HD 4600 GPU 1
      Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU 2
      iMac 15,1 SMBIOS

Here is a picture of what happens
      https://imgur.com/gallery/lWTLWlw

My clover and EFI folders are attached
      EFI.zip
    • By rio2
      How to make AppleHDAController load on Ryzen boards?
      Rename(/add) your audio controller to your DSDT/SSDT as HDEF Add a _DSM method to your HDEF device with layout id 1 Patch the AppleHDAController binary, because it has a static table containing the supported PCI Vendor/DeviceID pairs and it also checks the VendorID against known values. As an example I provide a dif file and patched 10.13.3 binary, but if you want to I can patch the binary for other versions.  
      After AppleHDAController loads to actually get sound working you need to patch AppleHDA.kext for the codec on your board. First I tried to use Lilu+AppleALC for this task, but for some reason it refused to work. (I might look into it later why) But for the time being it was easier to use toleda's cloverALC script for that, but to make it work I had to change(/remove) the specified location of the HDEF device from the script. And for some reason it also required me to mount the EFI partition manually.

Change this:
      if [[ $(cat /tmp/HDEF.txt | grep -c "HDEF@1") != 0 ]]; then Into this:
      if [[ $(cat /tmp/HDEF.txt | grep -c "HDEF") != 0 ]]; then  
      AppleHDAController_Patched10.13.3
      AppleHDAController-10.13.3-AMD.bdiff
    • By Teress
      Hi, I tried during last 4 days almost everything but now I call for help. I have RX560 running on 10.13.4. Previously I was running it on 10.12.6 and had the same problem, but after waking from sleep my thiord display came to life, but it is not working anymore on 10.13.4. Without or with Lilu & Whatewergreen my system correctly recognize my gpu as RX560 but only 2 of 3 displays are displaying content, third display is black but recieving some signal. When I change cabling and connect only two, any combination of 2 displays is working. System profiller and system preferences are sayin I have 3 displays connected.

Please can somebody help me to figure it out?
      Thanks a lot in advance. Tried to upload my ioreg but it is greater than 10MB allowed for me :(

• By verymilan
      Hi, i recently set up High Sierra on my AMD computer with the help of the amdosx community (i actually used an installer just to confirm that something would work in the first place before i spend hours for nothing, i can and could have downloaded High Sierra the "legal" way).
      However the graphicscard is recognized properly, the 6gig are recognized and i have no artifacts and no screen tearing with the official nvidia webdriver,
      but unfortunally, dark colors have horizontal dark stripes in them and specific bright colors like on left bar of system windows such as settings do flicker like low fps.

I only used the clover on the flash drive for now and i'd like if it's worth digging deeper of if i should just forget about it as it is a common nvidia problem on macOS.
      Would be amazing to know.

Closer machine infos:
      * High Sierra (misses a recent minor patch as my network is veeeery slow and i got this nvidia issue anyway so i mainly jumped back to linux)
      * AMD fx8350
      * Asus Sabertooth 990fx Ref. 2.0
      * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB