• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By Lorenzzz1999
      So I recently updated to 10.15.6. Whenever I boot now, it boots into 1080p max resolution on my 4K monitor via DisplayPort. It was working fine before!

Weird think is that when I disconnect the cable, reconnect it and then set it to 4K in display settings, it works again. But that means I have to disconnect and reconnect my DP cable every time I boot.

Latest Clover and kexts like Lilu...
      - Sapphire Radeon HD7950
      - MSi Z87-G43
      - Intel Core i5 4670k
      - 27 inch 4k Monitor via DP

How do I solve this?
    • By Funky frank
      Hi,

I am planning to make my hack ready for post High Sierra macos, finally xD  So I was looking for a proper AMD GPU, but it is not that easy to find a proper, recent guide for that. So compared a bunch of AMD GPUs, and this one seems to suit my needs the most: XFX RX 5500 XT Thicc II Pro 8GB

Will this graphics card work properly in macos? And what macos version is the minimum here? I read so many contradictory statements, some older said that the RX5xxx support in macos still sucks and is much slower than in Windows. Is this still true? I currently have a nvidia GT1050, I guess it still will beat that nvidia card?

Would this work with old but gold clover (recent version) + lilu and whatevergreen, or should I switch to OpenCore then?

Thanks for info!

• By Rich_T
      My  PC is  a Dell Optiplex 790
      I am installing  Catalina then hopefully upgrading to Big Sur
      Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz (sandy bridge?)
      16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
      NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
      I have been following the guide at https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/installer-guide/mac-install.html
      Currently I’m on step “Gathering files” I’m not to sure which SSDTs I should use for my system to work properly.

Also this will be dual booting with Windows 10 Pro
    • By ThomasMattOnline
      Hello Everyone,

Trying to get Hardware Acceleration working on my Hackintosh (HEVC Support) however I am such a noob, OpenCore is very new to me and would love some support.
      I have included screenshots and the EFI that is currently working on my System, I have USB 2 & 3.0 all working, however, the only thing I can fault is my GPU not being hardware acceleration enabled.

Final Cut Pro X - Recognises GPU
      VideoProc - Doesn't recognise anything.

(I am running the latest version of OpenCore 0.5.9)

Things I've tried: I tried following the post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/catalina-10-15-2-update-lost-hevc-h265-acceleration.288563/ - No Luck
      I have also tried: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/activate-amd-hardware-acceleration.2180095/page-53?post=28255048#post-28255048 - No luck either!

My friend online tells me I shouldn't need such Kext as he has the same build as me but when I load his EFI on my system it boots with no USB 2 or 3.0 (I'm keeping his EFI off here as I've uploaded mine.)

Please note: I appreciate all (any) pieces of advice and please do bear in mind that I am a noob and may need whatever you say simplifying as I can get easily confused.

config.plist