Intel HD Graphics 3000 + Geforce GT 540M !

ahang

6 posts in this topic

After I upgraded form Lion to Mavericks I changed graphics card in BIOS to switchable and I saw both graphics cards are detected with no problem, but how can I switch between two of them in Mac OS X Mavericks ?

See the attachment for more clarification.

post-1213471-0-86440900-1382698902_thumb.png

Nvidia Geforce GT 540M has all these technology 3D Vision, CUDA, DirectX 11, PhysX, Optimus, but all I am seeing is only detected and non-functioning at all.

And I am not sure about full acceleration on HD 3000, how to figure out ?

I also have OPTIMUS with HD3000 and GT520M, both detected, but can only use HD3000. Its all because OSX doesnt support optimus technology.

If your menubar is transparent it simply means that you have full acceleration working. Unfortunatly i cant get it to work in 10.9.

Thanks for the info. yes menubar is transparent and I can play COD 4 and Real Racing 2 and some other games with high graphics settings I didn't do anything regarding intel graphics HD 3000 everything was natively worked on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, but so bad that Geforce GT 540M is non-functioning :(

• 9 months later...

Thanks for the info. yes menubar is transparent and I can play COD 4 and Real Racing 2 and some other games with high graphics settings I didn't do anything regarding intel graphics HD 3000 everything was natively worked on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, but so bad that Geforce GT 540M is non-functioning :(

How you managed without artefacts/screen glitches. I am really suffering on my Dell XPS 15 laptop.