Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dr. Hurt

[Guide] [Mavericks & Yosemite] AMD Radeon HD5450

214 posts in this topic

Did you put your DSDT in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder ? In your config.plist, did you set DSDT.aml (or whatever you named it) in the ACPI section ?

If so, you shouldn't need to check Inject ATI.

But if it's just for the install, you can still remove your DSDT from your USB Install media and check Inject ATI. Not sure if it'll work cause as stated above, I had troubles with Clover and HD 5450 injection and had to finaly edit kexts info.plist to make it works.

But guys, Chameleon is still alive !!! There's a perfectly working USB Install package with Chameleon in the InsanelyMac Yosemite's installation section http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301138-new-usb-installer-os-x-yosemite-chameleon-enoch-r2403/.

I'm using it for all my Hacks (AMD & nVidia) and I've got a bunch of them ;) !

It works perfect with non edited kexts (no QE/CI but who cares, it's just an install media) AND patched DSDTs  !

Infact I would love to use Chameleon as it was the one I was using for all these years. But, since there’s no way we could use Messages, FaceTime anymore with Chameleon  I got no other option but to switch to Clover.

Seems, as you say we cannot use HD5450 with clover without patching the kexts manually. What a bummer ! I’ll post my results when done.

Oh my, I don’t find our AMDRadeonX3000.kext in the Install media created by the chameleon yosemite installer tool you shared above. Has the kexts changed? 

The only AMD kexts available in 10.10 install media are,

@polyzargone Which kexts did you edit in your setup ?

That's right, Chameleon still not works with FT & iMessages. I don't use those features so it's not a big issue for me. But I know the guys behind Chameleon are working hard to fix it and it seems there's some progress. So keep the faith, it'a matter of time :)

I was advising the USB Chameleon installer in case you had problems to boot the Yos installer with Clover and Radeon HD 5450 cause I'm almost sure that there's no problem (beside others setup considerations) to have success with it ;)

I was advising the USB Chameleon installer in case you had problems to boot the Yos installer with Clover and Radeon HD 5450 cause I'm almost sure that there's no problem (beside others setup considerations) to have success with it ;)

Great to know that chameleon team is working on Messages & FaceTime, thanks .Actually I had Yos installer to start with, just modified it to boot with clover a while back. Can you tell me whether AMDRadeonX3000.kext will be available only after installation and not on the USB install media ?

Yes indeed, there's no AMDRadeonX3000.kext in the install media. But don't worry, it'll be back when the Installation is done.

For the installation process, I did not patch any kext, I've just modified the /Extra/Extensions folder and org.chameleon.Boot.pliist to fit my setups needs. No more.

For post install, it's the old way, just edit info.plist for AMDRadeonX3000.kext & AMD5000Controller.kext. Repair, permissions, update cache with sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions and that's it.

So patching the required kexts with device ID looks the only solution to enable HD5450 with Clover. It works, but my display resolutions are wrong ? How did you get your display resolution right ? 

Did you set ATI Injection to Yes in config.plist ? If so, then change it to No and reboot.

Otherwise, I don't know. I didn't had this problem with edited kexts and Clover.

I don't have the same hardware. But you can try this device id out. I try it, it work for me on the desktop with Radeon 7870 and 7850.

I follow the guide on oralia website, search term is basic about Nvidia kext.

It was help me for the old dell xps 410. This one with chameleon bootloader the value of PciRoot=4, with clover the PciRoot=0. It help me to install Maverick on XPS 410 carry gtx9800+, with the newer card such the Kepler gtx660ti the value is differ than.

By the way, with the value from the line code from terminal, you can inject into config.plist or org.chameleon.boot.plist. Then load the system with stock kext, don't need to modify any kext.

Hello guys.. I have got graphic problems on mavericks (Slow video ecc..). I read the thread but I have no idea where to put my hand on.. How can I modify a kext? How can I restore default kexts? Thank you guys in advance!

It's easier ;)

First : BACKUP the kexts your are about to modify !!!

You should also make a copy on your desktop because the OS won't let you edit them "live" from S/L/E

Just right-click on AMD5000Controller.kext then Show Package content. Open info.plist with a text editor (PlistPro Editor is more appropriate). Look for IOKitPersonalities then IOPCIMatch then add your device ID. Yours is 68F9 so it translates into 0x068F91002

Look at the others device IDs to understand how it works. Save.

Do the same for AMDRadeonX3000.kext but this time, look for AMDCedarGraphicsAccelerator in IOKitPersonalities. Again, add your device ID to IOPCIMatch. Save.

Use Kext Wizard to copy back those two kexts to S/L/E and check Make a backup.

Once done, open a terminal window and type : sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

You can also repair permissions on the whole disk using Disk Utility.

Reboot and enjoy. (No need for GraphicsEnabler=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist)

Come on !

It's really easy ! Open Kext Wizard then choose Install in the tools bar. Drag n'drop the kexts, select /System/Library/Extensions as a destination and your HDD as the target, check Make backup then click the Install button at the right bottom of the window ;)

Wait, you're not trying to install info.plist do you ?

Once you modified info.plist, you just have to close the windows. It's the .kext file that must be installed with Kext Wizard.

Have a look at this example (it's in french but it's the same) :

ohh then there is a problem.. The info.plist inside the kext files are not writable (even though I changed the permissions and added my account) so it duplicates the .plist file

Let's start over. Do all the steps I mentionned but save info.plist on the desktop. Then drag n'drop info.plist from your desktop to the Contents foder in the package of the kext. It will ask you admin password to overwrite the existing info.plist.

Do the same for the second kext.

Then select the two .kexts and drag n'drop on the Kext Wizard window, just like in the screenshot. Click install.

What about System Info ? Could you make a screeshot of the Monitor/Video section ?

open a terminal window and type sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Reboot with -f -v UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gengik84
      Uno dei tre Requisiti:
      Hack funzionante Mac vero Macchina virtuale Impostazioni Bios per il boot:
      Cercate una voce  del tipo “Sata Mode”e settatela  in AHCI
      Secure Boot: disabilitare o altri sistemi operativi
      CSM: UEFI o LEGACY, oppure a secondo del tipo di installazione
      VT-x / VT-d disable
      *Nota: Secure boot e csm valido solo per bios UEFI
      Materiale Occorrente 
      "OS X (Versione App.Store)”
      USB 8GB  *nota: nel caso di usb superiori dovrà essere partizionata, in modo da avere una partizione su cui "lavoreremo,di questa dimensione
      kext Wizard 
      Bootloader Clover_2.3k_r xxx:                   http: //sourceforge.n.../cloverefiboot/
      Clover Configurator:                                    http: //mackie100proj...a.org/download/
      FakeSmc.kext:                                             http://www.hwsensors.com/releases 
      In allegato,a fondo pagina troverete un "pacchetto" contenente : ShowAllfiles, Kext Wizard, FakeSmc.kext: 
      App alternative:
      ESP Mounter Pro: per montare la partizione EFI
      Vi illustrerò tre metodi per creare la usb, ma sono ben distinti… quindi usatene soltanto uno
      Metodo 1: “Install Mac_OS_X.command” Metodo 2: “Create Install Media di Apple” Metodo 3:  Metodo Manuale Alla fine delle preparazione dell’installer, tutti i metodi necessitano l’installazione del Bootloader Clover sulla a vostra USB.
      PUNTO 1: che la vostra usb sia stata preventivamente nominata USB (caratteri maiuscoli) Tabella di partizione GUID e la formattazione in  Mac esteso Journaled.
      PUNTO 2: che l’installer di OSX si trovi in Applicazioni
      Utility Disco 
      Selezionate la pendrive, andate su “partizione”, selezionate “1 partizione”, impostate Mac OS esteso journaled e date il nome USB, poi in basso cliccate su opzioni e scegliete Tabella partizione (GUID), poi “applica”.

Riporto nuovamente l’operazione sopra citata adoperando dal nuovo Utility Disco introdotto su El Capitan.
      Rimane ovviamente invariato nome della usb in ==>> USB (maiuscolo), la formattazione in Mac esteso Journaled e sia la mappa partizione in GUID
      Da utility disco selezionate la usb, cliccate su inizializza.
      dal menù a tendina scegliete la relative impostazioni

Procedura effettua da High Sierra è la stessa della precedente, l'unica attenzione e operazione da aggiungere in primis  è cliccare nel menù a tendina in alto sulla sinistra di utility disco e selezionare "mostra tutti i dispositivi"

METODO 1: "Install_Mac_OS_X.Command" Lo script che trovate allegato in fondo alla guida permette la creazione dell’installer in maniera automatica
      Include la possibilità di scelta di tre versioni di osx
      Yosemite El Capitan Sierra Il risultato finale è come quello del metodo "manuale" descritto nella guida, per cui l'installazione avverrà in un solo passaggio, non in due come con il metodo createinstallmedia. 
      Offre inoltre la possibilità di inserire un kernel patchato, utile, per esempio, per chi usa AMD.
      Rimane invariato il nome dato alla usb in USB, mappa partizione e tipo di formattazione
      Se la vostra usb non sarà rinominata nel modo corretto, verrete avvisati dal terminale, quindi non dovrete far altro che apportare la relativa modifica e rilanciare nuovamente lo script

Nel caso che la usb fosse ok, avrete allo stesso modo conferma dal terminale, quindi non dovrete far altro che selezionare la relativa opzione a seconda dell’installer che vorrete creare

L'installer una volta completato è nominato "Install Mac_OS_X"

Potete adesso passare ad installare il bootloader Clover bella vostra usb 
      Metodo 2 
      L'intento è quello di usare la procedura fornitaci direttamente da Apple, "createinstallmedia", introdotta  con Mavericks. 
      Tale metodo prevede l’uso del terminale che via via se ne sta perdendo il “valore e l’uso”
      Inizialmente per i neofiti potrà sembrare problematico ma alla fine non è così.
      Durante il post installazione alcune operazioni ne richiedono l’ uso.
      Perciò mi sono chiesto perchè, qualora uno volesse, non far conoscere da subito un po’ questo “strumento”???
      Per favorirvi vi ho allegato i comandi già  “pronti”, i quali li potrete copiare ed incollare sul terminale.
      A questo punto aprite il terminale, copiate ed incollate il comando sottostante e premete invio, digitate la vostra password e premete nuovamente invio.
      Comando per creare USB con Yosemite:
      sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction  
      Comando per creare USB con El Capitan
      sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction Comando per creare USB con Sierra 
      sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/ --nointeraction Per creare USB con Hight Sierra usate --> C_I_M
      Alternativa: potete usare anche lo script che ho fatto --> C_I_M.zip
      Funziona con il drag & drop sul terminale, in questo caso non vi è necessità che la usb sia nominata in un determinato modo ed essendo basato su create install media ovviamente funziona da 10.9 a 10.13.... 

Potete adesso passare ad installare il bootloader Clover sulla vostra usb.
      Avendo usato questo metodo l'installazione si dividerà in due fasi, perciò dopo il primo riavvio e necessario far partire nuovamente l'installer, selezionare lo stesso disco senza formattarlo.
      Finita questa ulteriore fase , l'installazione sarà terminata
      METODO "MANUALE"....  (lascio per futura memoria)
      Copiate OS X  sulla scrivania
      Aprite ShowAllfiles per visualizzare i file nascosti. 
      Doppio click su SHOW
      Senza questa operazione non vedrete i file nascosti.

OS X  tasto destro - Mostra contenuto pacchetto - Contenuti - Shared Support - InstallESD.dmg
      Doppio click su InstallESD.dmg
      Tasto destro del mouse sopra BaseSystem.dmg, apri.

Tramite Utily Disco, da sinistra selezionate BaseSystem.dmg e cliccate su ripristina: 
      su Sorgente mettete "OS X BaseSystem" e su Destinazione la penna usb.
      Cliccate su Ripristina.

Stessa procedura Fatta da EL Capitan
      Selezionate OS X Base System, poi in alto su File, modifica e poi su ripristina.
      Selezionate successivamente come destinazione USB

Finito il processo la vostra usb sarà nominata OS X BaseSystem , per praticità rinominatela USB o comunque un nome diverso  a vostro piacimento.
      Recatevi in InstallESD.dmg” (all’ interno della app) selezionate e copiate la cartella Packages in System/Installation della USB, eliminando il collegamento esistente.
      Copiate BaseSystem.dmg e BaseSystem.chunklist, che trovate in InstallESD.dmg,  nella root  (radice)della USB. 

**Nota:** Installazione in UEFI  dipenderà dalla scheda madre in vostro possesso, quindi se non supporta tale opzione , il bootloader dovrà essere installato in  modalità Legacy.
       Vi invito, qualora non sapeste questa informazione, a recarvi nel sito ufficiale del produttore e controllare le informazioni a riguardo
      Fatto questo dobbiamo installare  Clover sulla usb.
      A seconda del tipo di Bios o al tipo di installazione che vogliamo fare UEFI o Legacy avremo ovviamente configurazioni diverse in questa fase.
      Lanciate il pkg.

Cambiate la destinazione di installazione ad USB oppure Install Mac_OS_X (a secondo del tipo di creazione eseguita)
      Successivamente clicchiamo su "Ad Hoc"
      Per Installazione UEFI
      Mettete i flag   : Installazione solo per avvio UEFI
                               : installare Clover nella ESP
                               : Driver64UEFI  selezionate OsxAptioFixDrv-64
                             *  :Se nel vostro sistema è presente una scheda grafica (discreta) della serie 9xx nVidia selezionate OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 al posto di  OsxAptioFixDrv-64 *
      ** OsxAptioFix2Drv :E' necessario per poter impostare CsrActiveConfig= 0x3 **
      ***OsxAptioFix3Drv oppure AptioMemory devono essere usati su hardware Skylake o successivi perché permettono alla nvram di lavorare correttamente
           (mi raccomando o uno o l'altro)
      Proseguite con l’installazione.

** Ricordate che avrete accesso a questa cartella dopo aver montato la partizione EFI**
      Per installazione Legacy
      Mettete i vari Flag come da foto.

** Ricordate che avrete accesso a questa cartella dopo aver montato la partizione EFI**
      Impostazione per config.plist:
      Con clover configurator “montate” la partizione EFI della usb.
      1) Per fare questo nel menù di sinistra, cliccate su “Mount EFI”
      2) individuate la partizione relativa alla vostra usb, a questo punto montiamo la relativa partizione EFI  selezionando l’apposito pulsante “Mount Partition”

3) Successivamente cliccate su “Open Partition”.. recatevi in EFI/Clover ed aprite il config.plist
      4) Sezione ACPI: Disabilitate tutti i fix sia del menù 1 che del menù 2

5) Sezione BOOT: Sole se si sta installando Yosemite mettete il flag su kext-dev-mode=1
      *Nota: potete inserire anche il flag verbose che servirà per vedere possibili blocchi in fase di boot.
      Risulta utile quando si chiede aiuto sul forum postando la foto di tale schermata.
      Avremo la stessa funzione premendo la barra spaziatrice al boot di Clover, selezionando avvio in verbose mode.
      6) Sezione RT Variables: Se si sta installando El Capitan oppure Sierra, aggiungere i valori: BooterConfig= 0x28, CsrActiveConfig= 0x67

7) Sezione System Parameters: Su inject kext mettete YES
      Nota: Su El Capitan, è stato introdotto SIP (System Integrity Protection)
      L’aggiunta di  righe sopra citate comporta la totale disattivazione di questa sicurezza.
      Questo ci permette di installare, far caricare kext di terze parti e riparare permessi.
      Se volete sapere di più a riguardo vi rimetto a questo topic: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307398-info-considerazioni-sulla-sicurezza-di-1011/
      Una volta installato e configurato il nostro osx, giusta operazione da fare sarà quella di riabilitare tale protezione.
      Impostando il valore CsrActiveConfig su 0x1 si avrà questo risultato
      Questo valore così messo, ha la stessa funzione di kext-dev-mode=1 nei precedenti osx, ma ormai obsoleto in questa versione.
      SIP parzialmente abilitata: Impostando il valore CsrActiveConfig su 0x3 si  avrà questo risultato
             Apple Internal: disabled
             Kext Signing: disabled
             Filesystem Protections: disabled
             Debugging Restrictions: enabled
             DTrace Restrictions: enabled
             NVRAM Protections: enabled
             BaseSystem Verification: enabled
      SIP parzialmente abilitata
             Debugging Restrictions: enabled
             DTrace Restrictions: enabled
             NVRAM Protections: enabled
             BaseSystem Verification: enabled
      SIP Disabilitata Impostando il valore CsrActiveConfig su 0x67

Debugging Restrictions: disable
             DTrace Restrictions: disable
             NVRAM Protections: disable
             BaseSystem Verification: disable
      Impostando il valore CsrActiveConfig su 0x0 avremo questo risultato e SIP totalmente abilitata
      Per controllare ad installazione fatta lo stato di SIP, recarsi sul terminale e digitare questo comando: csrutil status
      Recatevi in EFI/Clover/kext/10.x 
      X= alla versione di osx che state installando. Per esempio se installerete Yosemite dovrete recarvi nella cartella 10.10, con El Capitan in 10.11….ecc
      Se non ci fosse tale cartella, createla e nominatela voi a “modo”.
      Copiatevi all’interno FakeSmc.kext
      *Nota se venite già da altre vostre configurazioni, oltre kext sopra citato ,potete mettere gli altri necessari per il vostro hardware
      Stessa cosa se avete DSDT e/o SSDT potete copiarli in EFI/Clover/Acpi/Patched
      Per High Sierra:
      scaricare il driver apfs.efi a fine guida,collocarlo:
      EFI/clover/Driver64UEFI se stiamo usando UEFI
      EFI/Clover/Driver64 se stiamo usando Legacy
      Per chi volesse continuare ad usare HFS vi rimando a questo post:
        Come installare High Sierra in HFS direttamente dalla usb  
      Utenti Laptop:  Nel 99% è obbligatorio disattivare la grafica discreta Nvidia/Amd per installare questo nuovo osx
                                     Quindi aggiungete --> SSDT-Disable_DGPU.aml.zip
                                     in EFI/Clover/acpi/Patched della usb
      Fatto questo avrete la vostra USB bootable per installare OSX.
      ………Non scordatevi Fakesmc.kext da mettere nella relativa cartella…. senza il quale non farete mai il Boot......
      *NOTA: se usato il terminale per la creazione della usb, l'installazione si dividerà in due fasi, perciò dopo il primo riavvio e necessario far partire nuovamente l'installer, selezionare lo stesso disco senza formattarlo.
      Finita questa ulteriore fase , l'installazione sarà terminata
      **NOTA** Se avete processori Broadwell,Skylake o Kabylake...usate FakeSmc.kext e relativi sensors che trovate all'interno del secondo pacchetto.. (potete usarlo anche sui precedenti senza problemi, essendo una versione più aggiornata ha ulteriore supporto per le cpu più recenti)
      Update: Fakesmc e sensors versione 6.26
      Post installazione... post #2           
       Buon Hack….. 
      Aggiornamento:Install_Mac_OS_X.command.zip (compatibile da 10.10 a 10.12)
      le info le trovate a questo post
      Ringrazio @Ciro82 che mi ha aiutato nel preparare questa guida.
      Pacchetto-Fake+Sensors 6.26.1440.zip
    • By haegar33
      I have browsed thru all forums and all threads for this card but apparently my system is still something special. With some cumbersome effort (none of the simple one-click ##### and other USB-Installers methods ever worked for me) I managed to install Sierra 10.12.5. However when booting is nearly finsihed I get the famous black screen which can be recovered by quickly unplug/plug the DP monitor cable leading finally to a proper initialisation of my 290X. 

1.) RadeoDeInit is on, without this patch the screens stays dark forever
      2.) Booting with iGFX never works for me, I always get memory allocation errors during boot until I disable the Intel graphics completely.
      3.) I am on Clover 4318, newer version do not make any differences.
      4.) I am using a System Configuration for an Imac 14,2. Most other configs do not make difference either.

I have not started again the nightmare of Framebuffer patching (as I remember from Yosemite) and I think it will not help as the card is recognised by Sierra but just not initialised.
    • By TheBloke
      Hi all
      I currently use an NVidia 760 with four displays: 1 x 4K; 2 x 1920x1200; 1 x 1920x1080.   This mostly works, but I am considering replacing it with an AMD GPU - likely a Radeon 7970 - for two reasons:
      I would like to add a fifth monitor, maybe even a sixth; I get small stutters and slowdowns with my NVidia, using both Native and NVidiaWeb drivers.  It is a lot better than it was with my NVidia 980Ti, but it's still not perfectly smooth as it should be, especially when I have a full screen video playing while also doing UI movements like Swipe Left A Space or Mission Control.  
      I have just been told that it should be possible to access all display outputs on an AMD 79XX GPU, possibly requiring a custom SSDT and/or radeonDeInit?  I've only ever had one AMD GPU and that was 8 years ago so I am not experienced with them.  My NVidia 980Ti has five outputs, but can only use four at once.  But I believe AMD's EyeFinity does allow it to use them all as separate displays.
      Before I buy the GPU, I'd be most grateful if anyone could confirm that it should be possible to run five or six simultaneous displays on a card such as the ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II (6 x DP outputs) or XFX AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 x mini-DP; 1 x HDMI; 2 x DVI).  With one display being 4K @ 60fps and the rest 1920x1200 or 1080P.
      I have Googled on this a while but haven't yet found anyone discussing connecting more than four monitors to an AMD Hack  I did see that the late-2013 Mac Pro (which uses 2 x AMD FirePro GPUs) states it can support "up to 6 Thunderbolt displays".  So I know the OS can do it, it's just a question of whether a particular GPU can, and in a Hack setup.
      Thanks very much
    • By Unklemac_PC
      Hi Insanlymac’ers.
      I have a super deal on a WX9100 Radeon Pro Vega, but I only have 12 hours to repond, or it’s gone.
      Is this card able to run in High Sierra and take advantage of all 16GB ram?
      Thanks in advance!