No success Mavericks 10.9 GM on Build: Sabertooth X79 | 3930K | GTX 670 OC

ortigonover

28 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, 

Because of the update to 10.8.5 which  has broken my system, I pretend to install 10.9 Master Gold.

I booted  with -f -v -x  as flags, after wait a couple of minutes till the installation screen is displayed.

When I click on top taskbar  to give format  ( clicking in Utilities), nothing happens. 

I want to format the SSD by Utilities > Disk Utility.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I am using a sabertooth x79 with a 3960x and gtx 660 and I got it install by using "-v -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No"

Thanks for your answer, 

Maybe I created a wrong boot usb, because using "-v -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No" I got a black screen instead the install menu.

I remember when I installed ML 10.8.2 I had booted with the following flags: "- v -x cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0" 

With those flags the screen shows the installation screen in Mavericks as well, but unfortunately it does not go forward.

All manuals I had found speak about Developer Previews instead  the Gold Master, which maybe has some changes.

Could you please let me know which manual did yo follow to create your booting USB installer?

Thanks in advance

I used myHack to make the USB installer.

Me too, but did you add the "extra" folder, did you change some things? or just "myHack" did everything automatic? 

Are you as well using the Master Gold?

Thanks again

Please post your full specs

Look at the second row of my signature for an example of what we need. 

Of course, here my Build components:

• Intel Core i7 3930K
  • Corsair H100i CPU cooler
  • Asus Sabertooth X79 Motherboard
  • 2X Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM kits
  • 2X 128GB Samsung  SSD's
  • 1X 256GB Samsung SSD
  • Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce Graphics Card
  • Fractal Newton 1800W PSU
  • Fractal R4 Case

Yes i did nothing on top of what myHack already does. Once it completed making the USB Stick i booted it with -v -f npci=0x2000 and it went straight in, a little slow but it got there in the end. After installation of 10.9 I chose to install the generic Extra folder.

You shouldnt be having any trouble with your hardware. And yes im using 10.9 GM. Check the 4930k thread for more accurate description of flags, itll be the same on your system.

• Like 1

Yes i did nothing on top of what myHack already does. Once it completed making the USB Stick i booted it with -v -f npci=0x2000 and it went straight in, a little slow but it got there in the end. After installation of 10.9 I chose to install the generic Extra folder.

You shouldnt be having any trouble with your hardware. And yes im using 10.9 GM. Check the 4930k thread for more accurate description of flags, itll be the same on your system.

Hello, 

I am wondering if the version I download if not 100% ok, but I do not think so because in my macbook is working fine.

you mean this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291831-asus-sabertooth-x79-ivy-bridge-e-4930k/  ?

Try this again - v -x cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0

But after the screen turns grey, wait a couple of minutes, give it a couple of random mouse clicks, then for me the language selection appeared.

I did and  I am able to  see the  language selection (as before).

but after that , when I click in Utilities nothing happens. That's the problem.  Up from here is where I am getting stuck.

You may disconnect all but one ssd and try then. Also you may try USB keyboard and mouse (though PS/2 works for me).

Thanks! I will try again but with ML 10.8.2 everything works with those flags...

UPDATE!

Hi everyone, with the final version of Mavericks I got the installation...

But I am stuck with the the drivers of the last Multi ..6.0 for my build.

In summary, will be great if someone could post  how get working after the installation.

Thanks in advance!

You dont need to use anything from multi.

Go to RampageDevs website. Download the DSDT for your motherboard. The package comes with all required kexts. Put the DSDT file in /Extra. Install kexts with kextutility, the only kexts you need are AppleHDA for Audio and VoodooTSCSync. Everything else should work out the box.

Use Chameleon Bootloader from insanelymac (latest revision) with the FileNVRAM.dylib to get imessage & icloud to work. In chameleon boot plist make sure to use npci=0x2000 kernel flag.

You do not need NullCPUPowermanagement or AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext patches as 10.9 has native support for your board.

• Like 1

Also install the AppleIntelE1000 kexts from the package to ebae LAN

I see in your signature that you have problems with sleep and audio... did you not find the right kexts? 

I would like to do a kind of summary, please let me know if something is wrong:

1) with My Hack create the boot installer with any extra things, 

2) install chamaleon as bootloader for this usb pendrive

3) boot from usb drive with the following flags: "v -x cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0"

4) Install Mavericks 

5) Download DSDT for my motherboard with the properly file (http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/dsdt-downloads/asus-x79/)

6) this file it seems to be a .dmg, I guess I will be able to see the kexts, which I should install in Extra folder (which one is the properly way to install kexts?)

7) Install Chamaleon on the installation drive, and set up the following flag: "npci=0x2000 kernel flag

8) Reboot and everything should works.

it is correct?

By the way, would be possible to install some graphics for the bootloader? 

Yes I have Sleep and Audio working.

Sleep was broken due to GenericUSBXHCI kext (fixes USB 3 kind of), so removing that fixes sleep.

For Audio i use DSDT Edit for HDEF and layout ID 1 (you can do that in MultiB) and use the AppleHDA Kext provided from rampagedev package.

Install Kexts in System/Library/Extensions

My /Extra folder is empty. I also deleted the myHack.kext from System/Library/Extensions (If you do this make sure to grab the latest FakeSMC.kext and install to System/Library/Extensions)

To install Kexts either drag over Kext Utility application, or copy into System/Library/Extensions and then run Kext Utility app to fix permissions.

I've got the same motherboard and processor! but using a Geforce GTX 660 instead.

I've successfully installed Mavericks, but when trying to boot into the new OS I just CANNOT reach it. The computer just restarts itself over and over again. Not even reaching the apple loading logo with the spinning wheel.

What should I do?

I've tried all kinds of bootflags and combinations suchs as -v npci=0x3000 or  npci=0x2000 -x and all other kinds of commands, I've tried literally 30-40 combinations, I kept trying over and over again yesterday. No luck at all.

Please, ANY help is greatly appreciated!! I can't get my computer to work after the update at all :/

I'm using Chameleon as bootloader (I think) and u n i b e a s t  though.