Help needed getting PCI WiFi adapter working

loismustdie555

30 posts in this topic

I may have given you the wrong file. lol.

If I did just tell me what you need. :)

And I went digging in the "AtherosWiFiInjector.kext" and noticed my pci and device ids weren't in the .plist. I added them and rebooted and still no luck. Hopefully your patched DSDT works when you finish it. Thanks much for helping. I've searched for hours on how to do the DSDT edit myself and I get nowhere. Guides for it aren't making sense to me at all.

AtherosWiFiInjector.kext and WifiInjector.kext will not work for you cause your device id is missing. you need pci168c,29 ...if i google your device id i see people are not editing the AirPortAtheros40.kext (AirPort_AtherosNewma40) but the AirPortAtheros21.kext (AirPort_AthrFusion21) which is no longer used in Mavericks. so the "solution" kinda sucks but it works

temp workaround thanks to alexanderq

heres the IO80211Family.kext, plugin AirPortAtheros21.kext with your device id + the airportd from 10.8.3 ...good luck

http://rghost.net/49375383

Question. How to I install the "airportd" file? Forgive my ignorance, I'm more of an M$ expert than I am a Mac/Linux expert. lol.

EDIT: Okay, So, I guess I just double click it. lol. But, IT WORKS! Except it always says "connection failed" whenever I try to connect. Is there any way to make it connect? I can't keep my ethernet cable much longer. :(

EDIT 2: Lol, I guess it goes in a folder /usr/libexec or something. But I can't get t that folder...

EDIT 3: Okay, so I replaced the file and IT WORKS! But now my menu bar is frozen on the right side icons every time I click on the wifi indicator. What do I do now?

Question. How to I install the "airportd" file? Forgive my ignorance, I'm more of an M$ expert than I am a Mac/Linux expert. lol.

EDIT: Okay, So, I guess I just double click it. lol. But, IT WORKS! Except it always says "connection failed" whenever I try to connect. Is there any way to make it connect? I can't keep my ethernet cable much longer. :(

EDIT 2: Lol, I guess it goes in a folder /usr/libexec or something. But I can't get t that folder...

EDIT 3: Okay, so I replaced the file and IT WORKS! But now my menu bar is frozen on the right side icons every time I click on the wifi indicator. What do I do now?

yea, now your at the part that kinda sucks but works ...do not touch the menu icon, follow what alexanderq said about using the 'Assist Me' and manually add your network that way

System preferences-Network-Wifi-Assist me-assistant and add manually your network.

It is not very handy but for me it is the only way.

Bad news.It does not remember password or  network so i have to put it every time i restart or  start up.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm having the same issue with the same card and I "almost" managed to fix the problem. I downloaded the .kext from here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/203030-tl-wn851n-atheros-wlan-on-1058/?p=1440013

The card is now recognized but everytime I try to connect to a wifi network I get an error saying "Connection Failed". I can't use the wifi but after 2 months of working on this problem at least OS X now recognizes the card!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having the same issue with the same card and I "almost" managed to fix the problem. I downloaded the .kext from here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/203030-tl-wn851n-atheros-wlan-on-1058/?p=1440013

The card is now recognized but everytime I try to connect to a wifi network I get an error saying "Connection Failed". I can't use the wifi but after 2 months of working on this problem at least OS X now recognizes the card!

Hi, I'm having the same issue, Did you find a solution?