[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

Jahstories only has an SP1 so he couldnt test it...I am on 10.9.2 as 10.9.4 has some graphics glitches on the SP2 so I couldnt get the kext to work.

@JahStories

you tested the kext?

Has anyone found a solution to the broken sound problem?

are you dual booting?

Yes, I remove the two kext following the document in 0.5.1, and do fully install all kexts in the 0.5.1 pack using kext drop.app, and replace dsdt files, the result is no sound anymore, and also BT still not work. (I did a fresh install using 0.5.1 pack).

I am dual booting, 70GB for windows 8, 45GB for 10.9.3, and install clover on internal SDHC, all works fine but sounds and bluetooth.

Yes, I remove the two kext following the document in 0.5.1, and do fully install all kexts in the 0.5.1 pack using kext drop.app, and replace dsdt files, the result is no sound anymore, and also BT still not work. (I did a fresh install using 0.5.1 pack).

I am dual booting, 70GB for windows 8, 45GB for 10.9.3, and install clover on internal SDHC, all works fine but sounds and bluetooth.

My sound problem is solved by using AppleHDA.kext Mirone sent me, it is perfect, Mirone's amazing. thanks him very much. 

The file name is AppleHDA-2.6.3f4-ALC280.zip, my network is really poor to upload it, sorry for that, maybe Mirone already upload it.

My sound problem is solved by using AppleHDA.kext Mirone sent me, it is perfect, Mirone's amazing. thanks him very much. 

The file name is AppleHDA-2.6.3f4-ALC280.zip, my network is really poor to upload it, sorry for that, maybe Mirone already upload it.

@Those with sound issues

Since not everyone is experiencing this no sound issue,

i'll not replace the audio kext on v0.5.1, but i'll share the new one asap, waiting for Mirone to send one,

probably the next files pack update will include both versions of AppleHDA.

@EVERYONE

i'd like to use this post to revive a good old thing we used, and that we should still use, the two guide's rules:

Rule 1[badges]:

when you ask for help, attach the right badge on the top of your post,

one of these:

(surfaceosx) (surface2osx) (surfacewin) (surface2win) (androsurface) (androsurface2)
*add DB (if you are dual booting)

Rule 2[signature]:

Since there are now several models with different processors

add your hardware to the signature

you can use this as reference, just change the bolded text with your actual configuration.

Microsoft SurfacePro 1 OS:Windows, Android Cpu:u4000 Gpu:HD4000 Ram:4gb 1333  WiFi:external usb SSD:128gb

Thanks and have a good hack!
  • Like 1

Updated audio kexts for those who are experiencing no sound or glitches:

please don't update if audio it's already working.

Provided by Mirone

Maverick:

AppleHDA-2.6.3f4-ALC280.zip

Yosemite:

AppleHDA-266.4-ALC280.zip

please post some feedbacks about these files.

As Mirone likes to say, enjoy the good sound :D

• Like 2

It says I don't have permission to view the attachments. 

So I'm using the VooDooHD, my sound isn't working. As you can see on the screenshot, it shows the external sound and it plays for like a second then I can't hear anything. Can someone also explain why my menu is grayed out in the screenshot and how to go about fixing it? And I've never really used a mac before but is it normal for my MacDrive partition to not be on the desktop? The only way I can access it is if I search for it.

[surface2OSX 10.9.4]

[surface Pro 2, 256gb, intel 4300]

Booting into clover from USB then starting osx from my partitioned drive.

Had a problem attaching it.

(image removed, please next time resize, thx)

LATEST EDIT: Okay so my computer is being fickle, now the sound works. Hooray?? :D But the grayed out menu still bothers me a bit and why does my MacDrive not show up under devices on the finder window? And nothing is being saved, I keep having to reinstall VLC, I keep thinking it's because my partitioned drive isn't showing up correctly? Any thoughts?

Updated audio kexts for those who are experiencing no sound or glitches:

please don't update if audio it's already working.

Provided by Mirone

Maverick:

AppleHDA-2.6.3f4-ALC280.zip

Yosemite:

AppleHDA-266.4-ALC280.zip

please post some feedbacks about these files.

As Mirone likes to say, enjoy the good sound :D

Hi, when I click on the link to download the kext, I am taken to a page saying I don't have permission to view the attachment. Is this happening to anyone else?

[surface2OSX 10.9.4]

​downloaded the new file, removed voodoohda and installed with kext utility. after first boot, no devices found. looked at the included readme/LEIA-ME file, and changed the layout out in the dsdt from 0x00c to 0x003. rebooted, and the internal speakers were found. plugged in the headphones, and they were found. everything seems to be fine after 3 reboots. 

fyi - I have two installs on two different microsdxc cards. the first one worked with the v.05 kext, and EAPDfix.kext. the new install did not work with the same exact files, but now works with only the applehda kext from above (post 2314)

@Mirone, Seems to work fine for me on 10.9.2 Surface Pro 1, pluging in headphones switches sound to headphones and pulling it out switches it back.
The only thing im wondering if im the only one having that, is that NO audio device is recorgnised, when i BOOT with the headphones already plugged in and i have to reboot without them before sound starts working again.

(surfaceosx) 

Hi everybody, I need some help as a hackintosh newbie. Everything works fine on my Surface but when I remove my Wireless USB, my bluetooth crashes too (not available). As a result  I lose connectivity from my keyboard and mouse! Very irritating fixes with reboot. Since my last reboot my bluetooth doesnt work at all! Reinstalled all the provided kexts with no result.

Any help with restoring bluetooth? Is there any way to safely remove/disable the Wifi dongle without crashing?

Thank you in advance!