JahStories

[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

2,622 posts in this topic

Advertisement

@Jahstories
Just came home from my holiday today, I've installed the new appleHDA.kext. It works like a charm on a single boot OSX 10.9.2 SP1. Pluging in and out works perfectly, even with a song on it switches the audio output source without delay.

Also, despite the number of people that keep asking for a fix of the not working app store and such at their installation. Might it be a smart move to place a few solutions on the FIRST post of this topic. since half of the people asking only read your first post guide and not the rest of the topic in which it has been discussed at least 10 times in the past 10 pages...

And all thats left now is the internal wifi right :)

i'm waiting for Mirone to found a fix to those getting glitches or sometimes no audio on dual boot configurations...

and already keeping this thread along with the first post updated.

It's better to leave it as it is, it's already big enough.

Most errors we are helping to fix today are user generated, and this makes finding a solution harder... 

and since everyone can do any kind of error we should add an incredible number of "solutions" on the first post.

And btw since this is a forum the users can always use the beloved search button,

or better simply take time to read 113 pages that's surely gonna teach something more about OS X running on the SurfacePro. 

I have a  surface pro 2 , I tried to set it up with Mav. 10.9.2 yesterday and all it was reboot back to windows. Then I deleted all partitions and did a fresh install  with Mac Only and I got the same results.  I read thru many earlier posts all week prior to attempting to install did not find anything. 

"I am not sure if I am doing the last commands before it restarts on terminal , do i press enter after each command?, this is using the latest pack v.04

5. Copy the extension
• cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/System/Library/Extensions/
• cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/System/Library/Extensions/
• cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/ACPIBatteryManager.kext /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/System/Library/Extensions/
• cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/System/Library/Extensions/
• cp –R /mach_kernel /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/
6. Quit terminal and Shut Down the installer"

Any Help Regarding this would be appreciated.

IN the mean time Ill try again with mac 10.9 and not 10.9.2

are you replacing "NEW OSX PARTITION" with the partition name?

and did you tried to use the pen you made for the installer to boot after the installation? 

I am using the name of the partition and booting with the usb after installation.  It just reboots back to the "surface" red screen.

how to install clover with win&osx on one partition by surface default?

if i install clover uefi in osx-partition and reboot, just windows boot up,

how and what i have to change to get inside clover first?

any link or some howto about this here..

how to install clover with win&osx on one partition by surface default?

if i install clover uefi in osx-partition and reboot, just windows boot up,

how and what i have to change to get inside clover first?

any link or some howto about this here..

Covered about 2 pages back in a conversation between myself and Thomas.

if i only install clover to OSX partion and selct uefi boot only + themes + 64driver and

rename the EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgf.efi > old, copie in the clover64 one and rename it,

i can start osx whitout any changes in front of the partition table.

but i cant load windows too, it's not shown in clover anymore!

is it possible to delete the first partition and merge it with the system (efi) one to

have dualboot? And have i to reinstall osx then..?!

update: done - thank's anybody

if i only install clover to OSX partion and selct uefi boot only + themes + 64driver and

rename the EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgf.efi > old, copie in the boot64 one and rename it,

i can start osx whitout any changes in front of the partition table.

but i cant load windows too, it's not shown in clover anymore!

is it possible to delete the first partition and merge it with the system (efi) one to

have dualboot? And have i to reinstall osx then..?!

maybe (btw it is in this topic)... http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292645-guide-surfacepro-1-2-osx-android-windows-multiboot/?p=2018231

(the last line is important for your problem!!!)

are you replacing "NEW OSX PARTITION" with the partition name?

and did you tried to use the pen you made for the installer to boot after the installation? 

I reinstalled everything with with 10.9.0 install goes thru but when i restart selecting the new  partition, which i used the entire hd with  USB, i still get red screen.  Any hints of what i am doing wrong? 

for the Surface Pro 2

Not able to boot in safemode either

Anyone managed to get native audio to work on SP2? After removing VodooHDA and installing AppleHDA/HDAEnababler3  It works for me but sound crackles out after 10-20 seconds...and then it dies out completely.

Positive things I have noticed is that, no more lag on videos or music...machine feels much smoother due to native audio - just want to get this working right.

one little question to the touch screen functions:

if i click by finger on the screen, just the cursor jump to the left upper side

and nothing happen. How i get this work correct?

@munakib

i would be happy if you let me know if you find a workaround, try contacting Mirone and let me know. ;)

@vudo

no drivers no touch, you can try the touchbase demo, the download its on their site.

(just to let you know, on yosemite there is partial touch support)

Nice to know, but i have to wait for a final version. If i buy the touch demo driver i have realy full touch support in 10.9.4?

Yah, Mirone pointed me in a direction but I am not upto that level to understand what changes need to be made

Here is the sound issue I face on my SP2: mediafire.com/listen/386s49bqgv5gby8/SP2_Crackle.mp3

Here is the link that Mirone thinks will help to solve it: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/3084-eapdjack-sense-fix-no-audiojack-sense-issue-after-sleep/

So goodluck and let me know if anyone fixes the AppleHDA crackle for the SurfacePro2....maybe if the dsdt for SP2 was fixed and we did not use the HDAEnabler3, we might get a different result? I have no idea on how to edit the dsdt either but am willing to give it a shot if anyone can edit it for me! :S

Proper Multitouch with gestures works, but works only with commercial Touch-Base drivers.

i'm right, i have only to download the two files and enter them in to have full access to the touch functions?

you write "only with commercial one, there is just a trial to download..

the trial IS the commercial one vudo, 

and it will work.
Btw choose ONE of the two since you cant install both drivers at the same time.

Good luck ;) 

Ciao at all!

I've try a lot of times to install osx mavericks on my surface pro 1 4gb/128gb but always clover enter in loop with "Still waiting for root device".

I tried to remove and reinsert the usb, I tried to use the one with multibeas i used for my desktop pc, i tried to re-built another time the usb installer with clover following all the passages written here but starting from a macbook instead of a hackintosh... but always surface wait the root... :(

What i can do?

Ideas?

Cippino

WOW NICE! NOW SURFACE RUNNING OSX FULL SUPPORT - I'm so happy :drool:

Thank you very match for the GUIDE and for any time you spend on it and me too.

@Cippino

try using a different pen drive

@Sp2Users who wants v0.5 too

we need you to do a codec dump on linux (usb live ubuntu is OK) in order to try fixing the glitchy audio...

here a little how-to

Just the first three terminal commands, from . STEP ONE. To Save it in a safe place... 

then share the dump :)

I tried to change the usb from a sandisk 16gb to a corsair 8gb ma the result is the same...

I could post the photo of the installation so u can see the screen with the last msgs before "Still waiting for root device" but i dont know how... i only can put a link of a picture but is on my hd...

I have the full 128 internal hd with windows 8.1 and a micro sd card 64gb formatted ntfs: i want install there mavericks.

I hope surface pro 1 can start from a micro sd... right?

Ciao

Cippino