JahStories

[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

2,622 posts in this topic

Did you pay the additional 12% (if I recall correctly) for maintenance?  If not, then probably not.

Weird, no, I've never heard of that. I just emailed them (as they requested on their page), and they sent me a paypal invoice for $100. Didn't realize there were any other options.

Sure you're not thinking of the SwitchResX?

Advertisement

Weird, no, I've never heard of that. I just emailed them (as they requested on their page), and they sent me a paypal invoice for $100. Didn't realize there were any other options.

Nope.  For those of us about to retire, this is the old software maintenance model we knew back in the mainframe and minicomputer era.  You paid for the software, and threw in 10% extra each year.  Oracle still does this, and demands back maintenance to bring you current if you want even documentation.  Touchbase is 12% for lifetime maintenance.  You're in luck, it's only $12.00 US.  As I said before, we are a tiny market for them.  They aren't going to get rich on us.  They aren't even going to break even.  (Remember the three laws of gas entropy :-)).  It helps to keep your friends when you support them...

Nope.  For those of us about to retire, this is the old software maintenance model we knew back in the mainframe and minicomputer era.  You paid for the software, and threw in 10% extra each year.  Oracle still does this, and demands back maintenance to bring you current if you want even documentation.  Touchbase is 12% for lifetime maintenance.  You're in luck, it's only $12.00 US.  As I said before, we are a tiny market for them.  They aren't going to get rich on us.  They aren't even going to break even.  (Remember the three laws of gas entropy :-)).  It helps to keep your friends when you support them...

I have no problem paying the money, its just a really, really weird way to do business, to not even mention it to the customer.

Its also weird to change a separate fee for support for an app you're selling, especially one that is more beta than finished.

But I understand that they aren't making money here. 

Can anyone help me figure out how to get a proper boot without having to inject EDID?

Or if thats not the issue, basically just help me figure out how to get screen brightness adjusted?

[surface Pro 1]

I just emailed Dave Dave Bhattacharjee at dave@touch-base.com  and asked for an update:

Dave Bhattacharjee
Apr 25

to me
Hi Frank,

http://download.touch-base.com/http/25042014181924/updd.dmg

Proximity support and gesture 2.0.29

http://touch-base.com/documentation/DevelopmentHistory.htm

Regards

Dave

Just curious, if there are any updates for the paid Touch-base Surface Pro 1 OS X drivers, (not the evaluation),drivers?

I did a Group Purchase around February 25th 2014, I am currently using:

Controllers:
Atmel, maXTouch Digitizer (8xxx), USB
Microsoft, SurfacePro Pen, USB
Non-proximity driver version 5.0.2 and gesture version 2.0.27.

I am interested in both the Proximity and Non-proximty drivers updates.@touch-base.com>

Thanks....

The links he emails expire after a while, so you have to request a new link.....

Hi,

I'm trying to get sleep fully functioning on the surface pro 1, as currently sleep works but upon waking the device the screen remains black. Does anyone know if it is possible to get sleep fully working and if so how?

Thank you.

(SurfacePro2)

Hi all,

Yesterday, the 25th of July 14 I tried following this guide for the surface pro 2, I went though it to the letter, from start to finish. Twice ;)

No dice.  I wonder if the Mavericks install I'm getting from the app store now is incompatible with the guide?

I can do install part 1 (from the pendrive) perfectly, but I just cannot get the machine to boot from the new partition.  I always get the Bluetooth Transport issue, which I know is not the real problem, but I cannot get any further than that.

Safe mode, dart=0 all make no difference.

Reading this thread I can only assume Apple are proving 10.9.4 as the download now and it does not work with this guide?

This is my 3rd Hackintosh and I cannot WAIT to get it working.  Quite why Apply don't do an official equivalent is beyond me!

Any help would be really appreciated,

Tris

Hi tphillips1980!

which config.plist did you use?

are you injectiong the Intel Graphics patch, which solves the problem for me.

Also some useres mentioned that the clover version makes sometimes differences when booting.

regards

Hey Guys, just tried to install mavericks to my sp1.

he'res a tip for you:

if you have to inject edid every time like me, use clover configurator to inject it automatically,somewhere under graphiks i think.

but i also have some questions:

1. I downloaded the demo Drivers crom touchbase, but after install it says directly my evaluation is over, why?

2. The first try i installed my sp1 got very hot and after a reboot i only saw a temperaturesign, did anyone experience something like that?

3. i also got big problems with 10.9.4, so i installed 10.9.2. what should i do?

(surfaceosx)

Here is the Clover EFI folder to boot 10.9 and 10.10 installer with Surface 2, copy to the EFI partition of USB/SSD. Just select the OS X installer at Clover screen and install, no copy, no single mode, no terminal, nothing is needed.

Thanks! After replacing DSDT and SSDT from "SP1 0.4 (Re-FIXED).zip" I have managed to boot into vanilla OS X Yosemite 10.10 Beta1 (installed on a USB drive on MacBook Pro) on Surface Pro 1.

(surfacepro2osx)

FYI, writing this from my Surface pro 2 hackbook.

I followed the guide kinda, but added the ktexts into the EFI ktexts/10.9 folder as well. This is not mentioned in the guide.  Seems logical, otherwise what is the point in booting from clover with injected ktexts?

Also, I did not copy the ktexts to the SSD after installation, seems pointless as this did not work, and clover would not inject them.  So I'm further along.

Graphics seem "glitchy" with some odd artefacts appearing sometimes.  I have no sound either.

Making progress.  Can't help thinking the guide needs some tlc.

the guide is not updated, because every topic has been covered, believe me there is every answer you may need to ask in this topic.

about injection, yes you can use it instead of coping the kext to the partition, but i don't like it cause it slows down boot.

Have fun and happy hack!

Anyone got any ideas for me? Does the guide not work with 10.9.4?

(surfaceproosx)

I have 10.9.4 running fine with no issues except for black screen after sleep.

Sound, bluetooth, wlan (TP-Link TL-WN725N) , brightness control, Appstore etc. work fine

Updated from 10.9.2

I boot from the SDXC card using Bootdisk utility, see post #1885

using the dsdt.aml and config.plist from February 10th 2014 and ssdt.aml from November 13th 2013

I'm about to switch to the Yosemite public beta.

i can See that The tut isnt updated, because it doesnt cover new things.

someone should write it new, i have many experience with hacktinoshes and sometimes its complicated for me.

(Surfaceosx)

Hello Out there, I got my hands on a Surface 1 ( i5-3317U 4GB 128GB SSD)

I managed to get the Setup running ( 0.4-re-Fixed zip contents ) after some trouble ( there are two sets of dsdt and ssdt files within the zip, one set gives washed out and flickering screens the otter works fine)

( clover -> EDID inject 0x1660009 and load vbios ) then it worked nice.

i corrected also in the plist of clover the point with the language interfere it:0 -> de:0 because it was all italian ^.^ i like it but i can't read it.

Now Installation went fine and fast. but.... now after first restart ( welcome setup screen ) it is stuck showing only the first screen wit title Installation an the big X in background and the blue white progress bar running.

I left it over 2 hours ( maybe slow i thought ) but nothing.

Any opinions about that ????

I searched now for two days and and and.

One important thing i Try it with 10.8.5

because 10.9 makes diverse troubles on other machines ( real macs and even hack books and hackintoshs)

Best regards.

this guide simply not made for Mountain Lion... :/

try using 10.9, that will work perfectly :)

About the "update" to the PublicBeta of 10.10

i've tested updating from 10.9.4 to 10.10 PB1 simply by clicking it's installer using injection without cache. (just put all the kexts on efi : clover / kexts / 10.10)

and its working thanks to the amazing Clover boot loader.

please use the correct thread to discuss about it.

Hehehe, I got it running with 10.8.5, Runs smoothly and incredibly fast.

Only one thing i have to fix is the hd4000 it shows up wit 7 MB ^.^

( About 10.9 i have issues i didn't have with 10.8.x on my real Mac book pro and also on my mac book air )

I got also the dual boot thing running without re installing clover several times. i also didn't need to go to options and set it as default loader. 

Ah and i fixed the Avstar firmware loader to work with 10.8.5 so it don't give these depencies errors.

Only the Apple Capri Framebuffer.

Ah one important thing.

You can always boot back to setup and fire up the terminal from the menubar.

Your Stick is then in /Volumes/Image Drive regardless which name it has normal.

So You don't need to hurry and accidentally make typos. ( Okay You can collect my typos and make a book from it ^.^)

The reason for the hanging screen was that i didn't start without caches and with injected kexts.

So that for now.

Anyone have the old UPDD.dmg trial drivers on which the volume buttons worked? If so, could you upload and post a link please?

as far as i remember the updd with volume buttons support was without proper pressure sensitivity... :/

If you find something different let us know!!