Do I need DSDT ?

Pikkard

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've read various discussions over previous days/weeks stating that certain boards do not require DSDT for them to work.

However, with the lack of progress I'm making I'm wondering if my particular setup may actually require a DSDT. MBD is a Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2H. In particular sound and a E3GA nVidia GeForce 210 card are not working.

So, I'm on the scrounge for one for the above board and card, or if anyone can point me in right direction of easily creating one - I've tried a tool which kept throwing up errors so never fully worked. Then how to add the custom DSDT to the boot key so the system will actually boot because at the moment the system will not boot with the nVidia in. Even using various flags (-x, GraphicsEnabler, etc)

Not sure whether it is relevant or not but all boot devices should pick up my LAN easily but never does so have to manually add this kext following build completion. My board has exactly the same components on board as the G41M-ES2L which kakewalk has a complete build for?

For info, I've tried 4 various ways to boot/build...kakewalk, guide on this site, myHack and the "other"...

Thanks