Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Do I need DSDT ?

2 posts in this topic

I've read various discussions over previous days/weeks stating that certain boards do not require DSDT for them to work.

However, with the lack of progress I'm making I'm wondering if my particular setup may actually require a DSDT. MBD is a Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2H. In particular sound and a E3GA nVidia GeForce 210 card are not working.

So, I'm on the scrounge for one for the above board and card, or if anyone can point me in right direction of easily creating one - I've tried a tool which kept throwing up errors so never fully worked. Then how to add the custom DSDT to the boot key so the system will actually boot because at the moment the system will not boot with the nVidia in. Even using various flags (-x, GraphicsEnabler, etc)

Not sure whether it is relevant or not but all boot devices should pick up my LAN easily but never does so have to manually add this kext following build completion. My board has exactly the same components on board as the G41M-ES2L which kakewalk has a complete build for?

For info, I've tried 4 various ways to boot/build...kakewalk, guide on this site, myHack and the "other"...