Virtualbox, Snow Leopard, and AMD

acoulon

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

Firstly, if this post is in the wrong section or doesn't follow a rule, please let me know and I'll move/edit/fix the situation the best I can. If any kind of additional log files would be helpful, please let me know as well.

I am following this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/269841-install-snow-leopard-on-any-pc-for-anybody-includes-windows-dual-boot and get caught up during step 4.

Goal: Create a successful way to boot Microsoft OSX from a PC within Windows or Ubuntu so that I may use Xcode to develop an iphone app. To try and achieve this I am using Virtualbox.

Hardware: 
MB: ASUS M5 A97 R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 8-Core Black Edition
GPU: Geforce GTX 660 2048MB

RAM: 8gigs

Virtualbox Configuration:
Type: Mac OS X
Version: Mac OS X (64-bit)
Memory: 4096 MB
Processor: 1 CPU
Video Memory: 128 MB
Disk: 50 MB (dynamic)
unchecked "Enable EFI"
checked "Enable 3D Acceleration"
checked "Enable VT-x/AMD-v"

I have followed numerous combinations of guides/boot loaders/Snow Leopard distributions, but they have all produced the same error. I am using only image files stored on my HD, as I do not have an optical drive. The current distribution I'm using is "iATKOS_S3_version2.iso" which I got from iATKOS's website and I see the following error (attached screenshot) whenever I attempt to boot directly to the OSX iso or use a boot loader ([url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], EmpireEFI4AMD, HackBoot1, etc).

Any help/direction/advice will be much appreciated! :)

post-1225326-0-76224900-1381362606_thumb.png

Same exact errors as before :/

Side question though: If I were to purchase a retail copy of OSX (as opposed to the free versions), would I still run into similar problems? I'm not sure if it's hardware related, system related, or the fact I'm using a 'free' version of OSX.