• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
ScarletCrimson

7970 no Display with Clover bootloader

9 posts in this topic

I used Clover bootloader to install Mavericks to my build using the integrated graphics of my system (HD 4000) as installer wasn't giving any display. After setting up Mavericks completely and connecting my graphics card, clover boots up into a black screen (display goes on standby, if I type my password and press enter, the system works for a bit to open the mac desktop but the display stays blank). My system config is as follows:

Core i7 3770

GA H77-DS3H

16GB RAM

Gigabyte 7970 3GB (GV-7970OC-3GD)

After searching around, my card is supported by Clover and Mavericks by default, so why can't I get any display on my main card?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really need my graphics card to work with my hackintosh for editing and animation purposes.

EDIT: I also tried connecting a GTX 660 to my machine and booting up with the display connected to 660. The hackintosh worked flawlessly. So what do I need to do to make it work with 7970?

Thank you!

It seems that DVI doesn't work anymore under OS X 10.9 with a 7970. Had the same problem on last weekend and spent several hours to track it down.

Connect your monitor(s) exclusive with MiniDP to DP cables without any adapters. MiniDP to DVI Adapter doesn't work reliable too (i have the white Apple adapters). As recently as I connected my both monitors with pure DP cables everything worked as expected.

Sidenote: Didn't test 6xxx generation until now under 10.9 with DVI/DP to DVI Adapter. Would be interesting whether DVI is working on this cards…

It seems that DVI doesn't work anymore under OS X 10.9 with a 7970. Had the same problem on last weekend and spent several hours to track it down.

Connect your monitor(s) exclusive with MiniDP to DP cables without any adapters. MiniDP to DVI Adapter doesn't work reliable too (i have the white Apple adapters). As recently as I connected my both monitors with pure DP cables everything worked as expected.

Sidenote: Didn't test 6xxx generation until now under 10.9 with DVI/DP to DVI Adapter. Would be interesting whether DVI is working on this cards…

Thanks a lot! I'll try this and let you know. Can you please tell me if HDMI works with 7970?

Not on my card (HIS 7970 GHz) with Aji Framebuffer. Only the two DP connectors are working. But I didn't dig deeper in this HDMI thing, I don't need this. Only attached a cable and give it a short try, sorry.

To anyone else who encounters this problem and is reading this:

Strangely enough, using a different monitor with DVI worked. So try a second monitor, or a third. Also try using different ports.

My DVI also not working, card recognized but not full qe/ci in 10.9

Someone can help with that?

In 10.9 DP works perfectly… :/

AMD Radeon HD 7xxx:

Model zestawu układów: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx

Typ: GPU

Magistrala: PCIe

Szerokość szyny PCIe: x16

VRAM (łącznie): 3072  MB

Producent: ATI (0x1002)

ID urządzenia: 0x6798

ID korekty: 0x0000

Monitory:

M2362D:

Rozdzielczość: 1920 x 1080 @ 59 Hz

Głębia kolorów: Kolor 32 bitowy (ARGB8888)

Monitor główny: Tak

Odbicie lustrzane: Wył.

Aktywny: Tak