10.9 Sleep Problem

RCOO

7 posts in this topic

I've installed Mavericks on my system and got it up and running pretty easy.

If I have the NullCPUPowerManagement kext (with no SleepEnabler-kext) I can get the computer to sleep (takes a long time) and wake. However it will only sleep once. After the first time it just keeps showing the login screen whenever I try to sleep.

I I remove the NullCpuPowerManagement and do the AICPM patch, I can't sleep at all. The screen just shuts down but everything works (fans, hdd). If i move the mouse or press a key I'm brought to the login screen. Any solution to this problem?

DSDT patched section USBEHCI,  and AICPUPM patched, AppleRTC.kext patched, AppleLPC check if is working etc...

How do I check all of that? And how come suspend just worked by patching AICPM on ML?

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed Mavericks on my system and got it up and running pretty easy.

If I have the NullCPUPowerManagement kext (with no SleepEnabler-kext) I can get the computer to sleep (takes a long time) and wake. However it will only sleep once. After the first time it just keeps showing the login screen whenever I try to sleep.

I I remove the NullCpuPowerManagement and do the AICPM patch, I can't sleep at all. The screen just shuts down but everything works (fans, hdd). If i move the mouse or press a key I'm brought to the login screen. Any solution to this problem?

If editing your DSDT isn't an option for you, you might want to try this.  Not perfect, but would be acceptible for most.  In a couple of my systems, I changed darkwake=0 to darkwake=10.  Forced sleep/wake works perfectly.  For auto sleep, my monitor sleeps immediately and the pc sleeps about 90+ seconds after that.  Both wake up immediately by either pressing a button or moving the mouse.  Hope this helps.