AMD Hackintosh Help

gbkbrant

22 posts in this topic

I am to the point right before installing ML. I am booting up in verbose mode with arch=x86_64 -v

This is where things come to halt.

If i do not type any boot options I get stuck on the white apple logo screen and must start over.

Please help!

I have attached an image of where things stop when booting.

UPDATE: This problem is solved. The reply below this one is where my problem lies now.

post-1219771-0-15925600-1380852811_thumb.jpg

An update.
I got ML to install onto my hard drive using MyHack.
The problem I have now is that it will not boot from the hard drive.

I'm 99% sure its because I cannot get the mach_kernal to copy from the usb to the mac hd.

When I try to boot it stops almost immediately. If i use -f as a bootflag it runs into a kernal panic further down the line.
I believe this is mach_kernal related as well.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

voodooHDA 2.8.4 for audio and  lan n° of chipset , what ? 

When I turn on my computer it comes up with an error for the voodoohda that is already there.

What does lan n of chipset mean? Sorry, Im new.

Also, my RAM is reading 800 MHz...not sure why?

Thank you for your help!!!

Awesome! Ethernet is working.

I bought a new GPU today, EVGA GTX 660.

Now my system will only boot when I boot into safe mode.

When booting normally it gets to the gray load screen then goes to another window that has several lines that are similar to this...

apple.launchd   1   com.apple.UserEventAgent-LockInWindow 174  Stopping Job

Man, for the price of this card, you might as well have bought a cheap i3 rig and everything would work fine. That's why you should have answered all quizzes to post on the AMD forum, of which i'm the moderator. There's a help topic there, and with that and by reading all development topics, you'd be informed that nVidia cards won't work with Mountain Lion or 64-bit mode Lion on AMD rigs because of a bug in the kernel that's so hard to solve everyone's simply moved on.

You best choice was probably to stay with Lion 10.7.5 and buy an older nVidia 5xx/4xx or an ATI 6xxx or 5xxx. If you were to insist on 10.8.x, a provisory - and very cheap - ATI 5450 would do the job until a fix comes, at least for ATI cards, which mostly work but most of them with severe glitches. Now you're stuck with a setup with which you're quite unlikely will have the full OSX experience. Sorry, dude. :(

All the best!

Man, for the price of this card, you might as well have bought a cheap i3 rig and everything would work fine. That's why you should have answered all quizzes to post on the AMD forum, of which i'm the moderator. There's a help topic there, and with that and by reading all development topics, you'd be informed that nVidia cards won't work with Mountain Lion or 64-bit mode Lion on AMD rigs because of a bug in the kernel that's so hard to solve everyone's simply moved on.

You best choice was probably to stay with Lion 10.7.5 and buy an older nVidia 5xx/4xx or an ATI 6xxx or 5xxx. If you were to insist on 10.8.x, a provisory - and very cheap - ATI 5450 would do the job until a fix comes, at least for ATI cards, which mostly work but most of them with severe glitches. Now you're stuck with a setup with which you're quite unlikely will have the full OSX experience. Sorry, dude. :(

All the best!

Well that sure does explain a lot.

Thank you for that information.

So this card is completely un-usable? Bummer...i can return it and buy something compatible.

I will install lion and buy an older card if it is the only thing to do, short of upgrading my whole system.

What is the best card for my money that is compatible? (sorry for all the questions, im new)

Also, where can i find this amd forum? I have completed all quizzes since posting this topic.

What is the best card for my money that is compatible? (sorry for all the questions, im new)

Any nVidia card between the 8400GS and the GTX580 models - but some 4xx and 5xx suffer from a very annoying issue on hackintoshes called the "fermi freeze", so you should google about it to find the exact models affected. In the ATI camp, most 5xxx (the 5770 and 5870 are the cards that used to ship with recent Mac Pros) and 6xxx works with little to no hacking needed. Avoid the 69xx series though. I personally recommend the 6870 from Sapphire: it's fast and quiet, and i successfully had one of these in my AMD OSX86 tower.

Also, where can i find this amd forum? I have completed all quizzes since posting this topic.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/318-amd-development/

All the best!

Any nVidia card between the 8400GS and the GTX580 models - but some 4xx and 5xx suffer from a very annoying issue on hackintoshes called the "fermi freeze", so you should google about it to find the exact models affected. In the ATI camp, most 5xxx (the 5770 and 5870 are the cards that used to ship with recent Mac Pros) and 6xxx works with little to no hacking needed. Avoid the 69xx series though. I personally recommend the 6870 from Sapphire: it's fast and quiet, and i successfully had one of these in my AMD OSX86 tower.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/318-amd-development/

All the best!

Thank you so much again!

I would really like to take full advantage of AE & PP CS6 with the card i buy.

With the 6870 I wont get open gl or cuda will I?

With the 6870 I wont get open gl or cuda will I?

You'll get OpenGL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL) and OpenCL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCL) but not CUDA. CUDA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA) is a proprietary framework that runs only on nVidia cards. I don't know the current status of the Adobe graphics suite, but in the recent past it used to have a stark nVidia BIAS, thus supporting CUDA but not OpenCL. If your work is based on Adobe software, you surely must take this into consideration. Furthermore, you should check this thread about app compatibility on AMD hackintoshes before you make any investment:      Application Support [AMD]    

All the best!

You'll get OpenGL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL) and OpenCL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCL) but not CUDA. CUDA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA) is a proprietary framework that runs only on nVidia cards. I don't know the current status of the Adobe graphics suite, but in the recent past it used to have a stark nVidia BIAS, thus supporting CUDA but not OpenCL. If your work is based on Adobe software, you surely must take this into consideration. Furthermore, you should check this thread about app compatibility on AMD hackintoshes before you make any investment:      Application Support [AMD]    

All the best!

From what I've read, open cl and cuda work almost the same.

I think I will go ahead and buy the 6870. I cant find a new one online, but there are used ones for 75$ on ebay.

Once I get the card is there anything special I have to do on my Lion install?

• 4 months later...

im having problems booting into the installer. I have hp envy amd a10 apu with radeon. when trying mavericks couldn't even get it to boot. when trying ML, it booted then had error loading drivers. i guess i need a kernel, but where do i put it. i have to use clover because of my uefi board

• 4 months later...

I have tried at least 6 different ways to try and make my Dell XPS 420 a Hackintosh. I have tried a few tonymacx86 methods. I have tried myHack tool as a method. I have tried two different x86 methods. And finally, I have tried using the wiki.osx86project.org method. I looked at the list and it turns out that only one version of Hackintosh (On that particular list) is comparable with my rig. It was OS X Leopard 10.5.2. With the other methods, my computer would either boot until it said it was still waiting on root device, or it would pretend to boot and not send any output to the screen. At least with Leopard, I could get to the install portion of the program. Anyways, my problem is now that I have installed the Kalyway version, it won't boot up.  So I am here, asking if anyone can help me get this installed and functioning or help me find a way to upgrade the OS X in a way that it will run.

My Desktop is:

Dell XPS 420

Intel Core 2 Duo

Dell Inc. 0TP406 motherboard

NVidia Evga GeForce GTX 550 Ti

8 GB RAM

For any additional info, please ask so I can help however I can.