1. ThinkpadFan

ThinkpadFan

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Giuseppe Biondo
      Running macOS Catalina in Windows10 with VMware 15.5
      The system runs perfectly with only one very important problem: the display type.
      In my PC is installed an Asus RX580 4GB but the virtual machine runs with a graphic card of 128MB of GPU ram.
      The resolution is OK, but graphic tasks are very slow.
      VMware Tools are installed.
      How can I fix this issue?
    • By JohnOl
      Hi,

I've just upgraded to OSX Catalina from Mojave on my VMWare Workstation 15.5, running on Windows 10.

The Sidecar feature is there, and after connecting my iPad Pro 12.9" 2018 running iPadOS 13.1.2 via USB cable, it is recognized as a display device in the Sidecar preferences.

However, when I enable it, the Sidecar screen on the iPad is completely black / blank. I can't send anything over, and if I mouse over the green + on an app window (i.e. Safari) to move it to the iPad, nothing happens and the screen remains blank. The sidebar will only appear after I turn it off and on again at Catalina's Sidecar preferences. The buttons there actually work. For example, if I move Safari over to iPad, the screen is blank, but if I activate the on-screen virtual keyboard and type there, the text actually goes to the Safari's search bar (the Safari still appears on the desktop).

Is this a compatibility issue with VMWare, where Catalina can't properly recognize the second screen? I've tried changing host VM settings too, i.e. to "host setting" or 2 monitors, enable / disable 3D acceleration, nothing works. the iPad is definitely correctly connected, as I can browse / backup its data at the Finder.

Can anyone please advice on how to enable Sidecar properly in VMWare? Thank you.

Below is a screenshot of how it looks like on my iPad:

• By MSoK
      This is the current version of VMware Tools for OS X / macOS from the VMware CDS repository for Fusion 11.5.0

VMware are no longer including the ISO images as separate "packages" in the CDS respository as of Fusion 11.5.0, instead the ISO images are included as part of the "core" download which is 522 MB.
      It is not possible to download the com.vmware.fusion.zip.tar due to upload limits.

However, I have extracted the darwin.iso and darwinPre15.iso from the "core" and uploaded to this thread.

If you prefer to download the "core" tar file and extract the ISO's they are located in the following directory in the tar file:

com.vmware.fusion.zip.tar\com.vmware.fusion.zip\payload\VMware Fusion.app\Contents\Library\isoimages\

Please note: In the latest VMwareGfx.kext from Fusion 8.5.5 onwards VMware have discontinued the 2D-Acceleration code, and graphics performance is better now, thanks to Zenith432 for the update.

To check for the latest version visit http://softwareupdate.vmware.com/cds/vmw-desktop/fusion/.

The various VMware Tools downloads are located under the packages folder for each version upto and including 11.1.0.

Instructions for extracting darwin.iso and darwinPre15.iso
      - Download the files above
      - Extract com.vmware.fusion.tools.darwin.zip.tar
      - darwin.iso is located in the "payload" folder
      - Extract com.vmware.fusion.tools.darwinPre15.zip.tar
      - darwinPre15.iso is located in the "payload" folder
    • By cgilley
      Bear with me please, the vmware site is almost hopeless, so I ran across insanelymac.. So, I have a fairly high end laptop that has enabled me to push much of my development environment into virtual machines.  One of these VMs was a macOS High Sierra install.  As a developer, I always have an interest in learning new things, and some of my co-workers are Apple advocates.  Plus, there was some s/w I wanted to try that would only work on the mac.  Using unlocker, etc, I was easily able to create a Mac workstation (what the hell do you call this - mac, macos, apple, mac VM?  lol, I don't have the lingo down right....).  I've been using it for the last 4 months.

Then came the VM Workstation 14.1.6 update.  It kept nagging at me, so I finally allowed it to install.  Brain fart on my part, I should have backed up all of my virtual machines.  All the Windows VMs came through fine, but the Mac is stuck in a perpetual re-boot cycle.  I'm sure this is a vmware issue, but I was hoping maybe a reader has seen this before and has some ideas.  I've gone through the vmware logs until my eyes bleed - lots of interesting but useless information...

regards,

cg