Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rahuliyer95

[LION(10.7.5)/AMD] ALC889 No Audio

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I have followed the tutorials on this forum and I have successfully insatlled OS X Lion (10.7.5) on my AMD PC. Here is my PC Configuration.

MoBo - MSI 785GM-E51

Processor - AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition

Graphics - Asus GeForce 560 Ti Direct Cu II

Audio - ALC889

Ram - Kingston (4x2) 8 GB

Bootloader - Chameleon v2.2 rev 2263

I am running on Bronzovka 10.7.5 Kernel RC 13

I have tried all the possible solutions in this forum but I am unable to get sound output. I even tried using VoodooHDA Loader but it shows Digital Out in the output devices but still not sound output.

Please Help...

P.S: I am attaching my DSDT file if it is of any help.dsdt.aml.zip

Advertisement

Hello, I have followed the tutorials on this forum and I have successfully insatlled OS X Lion (10.7.5) on my AMD PC. Here is my PC Configuration.

MoBo - MSI 785GM-E51

Processor - AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition

Graphics - Asus GeForce 560 Ti Direct Cu II

Audio - ALC889

Ram - Kingston (4x2) 8 GB

Bootloader - Chameleon v2.2 rev 2263

I am running on Bronzovka 10.7.5 Kernel RC 13

I have tried all the possible solutions in this forum but I am unable to get sound output. I even tried using VoodooHDA Loader but it shows Digital Out in the output devices but still not sound output.

Please Help...

P.S: I am attaching my DSDT file if it is of any help.attachicon.gifdsdt.aml.zip

Ok, so you're having problems with the output lists... For VoodooHDA you have to put your sound device Dev-ID into the info.plist.. Here is the thread that explains it. 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/267905-voodoohda-common-problems/

Ok, so you're having problems with the output lists... For VoodooHDA you have to put your sound device Dev-ID into the info.plist.. Here is the thread that explains it. 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/267905-voodoohda-common-problems/

Thanks a Lot For the Solution... At least Now I am getting Audio Output.. But the issues still don't seem to get over.. The Audio Crackles even after following the solutions given in the topic. Please Help with that too if possible

Have you tried enable SSEE2? If it's not working, try a different VoodooHDA version. I tried 3 different ones before I got it right. 

I think mine was 2.7.2

Have you tried enable SSEE2? If it's not working, try a different VoodooHDA version. I tried 3 different ones before I got it right. 

I think mine was 2.7.2

Yes I tried enabling SSEE2 from the Voodoo HDA Pref Pane. Still the same problem.. I am on the latest VoodooHDA Version 2.8.4... Trying to use 2.7.2 now