[help] Laptop Asus battery meter

stefano_depa

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I hope it's the right section.

I have successfully installed iATKOS ml2 (10.8.2) on my asus K52JT, but I have a problem with the battery meter.

Before installing any kext and dsdt (including the recognition of the gpu) the laptop recognizes the battery.

After the installation does not recognize it anymore.

I have already tried to find a solution but have not found anything

I'm sure it's a software problem (because initially the laptop recognizes it) but I do not know how to solve it.

any suggestions?

(attached a couple of screenshots)

my hardware:

Asus k52jt laptop

Intel core i7 740qm

radeon hd 6370m

post-659214-0-10995300-1379589516_thumb.jpg

post-659214-0-53122200-1379589623_thumb.jpg

hello

distro always a problem .. only garbage and a noob user .. don't know what is installing..

mac os x is for mac and developed exclusively for mac

hack mac os x is 99 % of reading, googling, persistency.. and 1% of luck u have compatible hardware.. if u think this is like a windows install forget it..

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

take a good read here .. and try to understand about what u trying to install

good hack

hello

distro always a problem .. only garbage and a noob user .. don't know what is installing..

mac os x is for mac and developed exclusively for mac

hack mac os x is 99 % of reading, googling, persistency.. and 1% of luck u have compatible hardware.. if u think this is like a windows install forget it..

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

take a good read here .. and try to understand about what u trying to install

good hack

first of all thanks for the support.
I would say that the only thing that I can not run on my laptop is the battery meter.
So if the "hack mac os x is 99% of reading, googling, persistency and 1% of luck .. u have compatible hardware" I would say that I'm not really an ignorant;)

first of all thanks for the support.
I would say that the only thing that I can not run on my laptop is the battery meter.
So if the "hack mac os x is 99% of reading, googling, persistency and 1% of luck .. u have compatible hardware" I would say that I'm not really an ignorant;)

If you have already installed an ACPI compliant battery manager kext, you probably need DSDT patch.  Any DSDT where the battery methods access EC registers larger than 8-bit, must be edited such that the register access is 8-bit or less.

hello

like RehabMan say..

to the battery work 2 ways

use and old appleacpiplatform from snow leopard and a kext for the bat  that is the easy way...

or edited u dsdt to have full implemented the bat meter..

u don't read all about u problem... is full descrived .. in any hackintosh forum.. here too.

good hack

And I would discourage the use of rolled back AppleACPIPlatform.kext.  First it will cause problems if you're trying to implement native Ivy Bridge power management.  And, it is starting to cause problems in ACHI related kexts (resulting in "still waiting for root..." at boot).  Best to not use rollbacks and implement DSDT patches instead.

And I would discourage the use of rolled back AppleACPIPlatform.kext.  First it will cause problems if you're trying to implement native Ivy Bridge power management.  And, it is starting to cause problems in ACHI related kexts (resulting in "still waiting for root..." at boot).  Best to not use rollbacks and implement DSDT patches instead.

i've just tried this last solution before your suggestion, and it's works finally :-)

so tank you all for your time and your help :-)