acidos77

Geekbench score twice low as it supposed to be...

4 posts in this topic

Mobo: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 F9
CPU: i7 2600K
Video: MSI Radeon HD 6870
SSD: OCZ Vertex 120GB
BIOS: HPET set to 64 bit

I took DSDT of my mobo, installed. FakeSMC, AppleRTC.
- System Definition iMac 12,2
- SSDT -> Sandy Bridge Core i7

Boot.plist options checked
- Generate P/C States
- User Kernel Cache
- darkwake=0
- Ethernet Built In
- Kernel -> mach_kernel
- Restart Fix

10.8.4 shows 5900 of Geekbench(64 bit) scores for Multicore.

Same PC shows almost 12.000 score in Geekbench with 10.7.

I read that NullCPUPowerManagement has something to do with it, but I thought with my mobo DSDT I should not install NullCPUPowerManagement. Also read many users are removing that kext due to many problems.

Strange things observed in log:

Sep 18 13:45:31 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
Sep 18 13:45:31 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 4
Sep 18 13:45:31 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 2
Sep 18 13:45:31 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 3
Sep 18 13:45:31 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 5
Sep 18 13:45:31 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 6
Sep 18 13:45:31 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 1
Sep 18 13:45:31 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 7
Sep 18 13:45:31 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 0
Sep 18 13:45:31 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360

P-States and Sound assertion. Could this cause performance drop?

Little help please...

Advertisement

hello

if u use a patched ssdt

must set

dropssdt=yes

p and c-states=no

they are in the patched ssdt

take a good read here

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1703

good hack

I wasn't using SSDT at all. Got some SSDT for i7 2600K, placed in /Extra and the score now 11900. Not sure it's patched or not.

P-State Stepper Error 18 - gone :)

Going to read your link, thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MaLd0n
      Now have a Olarila app, just download app and clover folder for your Chipset! https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=6771   Install MacOS with Olarila Image, Step by Step, Install and Post Install

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8685

-Install, check here 
      http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323052-guide-sierra-high-sierra-on-intel-5-6-7-8-and-9-chipset-series-nehalem-sandybridge-ivybridge-haswell-broadwell/

-Clover Folder 
      CLOVER.zip

-DSDT 
      DSDT.MaLd0n Supermicro X10DAI.zip

-DSDT Patches 
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -HPET -SATA -sSATA -DMAC -SLPB -DARWIN -LPC -XHCI -EHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -ALZA to HDEF -HDEF -RTC -IRQs -SBUS -BLC0 -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN #1 -LAN #2 -SPSR -WIFI -EC -PNLF -HDMI -NVME -Geekbench 

-SS 

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders! Apple, Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, MMido and many, many, many others!   We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!  
    • By kobe80
      Hi friends,

I'm getting a low geekbench score (around 18,800) with my 6800K system

My system:

Asus X99-A
      6800K (6-core 3.4 ghz)
      64 gb ram
      Sierra

i tried putting nullcpu in my kext folder on EFI. didn't do anything. 

Attached is my config.plist
      config.plist.zip
    • By Acaro
      Hello,
      I have a triboot with mavericks, windows8 and ubuntu on a hp pavilion dv6 2180el.
      All works perfectly: usb, internal wireless, sleep, audio, external usb sound card ...

Here's what I did:

1) problems on the USB ports: I deleted the kext "AppleHPET."
      2) problems with Lexicon Omega, (a external usb audio card): it work with ASIO driver, that does not exist for mac. This causes background noise and premature closure of the audio card. CoreAudio drivers (those typically included in the mac) does not work with this card. To solve this problem you have to buy a driver, "USB ASIO driver" from Ploytec. It should by the way choose the right bits, channels and frequency from the ploytec's software. Many interfaces also work without ploytec usb driver, by changing the settings that are in the "Audio MIDI Setup" utility software.
      3) problems with the recognition of the internal sound card, speaker, inputs and outputs of the PC: use VoodooHDA 2.8.4 v2
      4) If a usb wifi dongle or other device with a MAC address is inserted into the PC, the system uses the MAC address of the dongle. So if you remove the usb the pc crashes.
      5) internal wifi broadcom now works thanks to the wireless "toleda airport".
      6) I have patched the kext applecpupowermanagement with the file "aicpmp", found in another forum.

There remains only one problem: the geekbanch rating on mavericks it's more or less 2300. On Windows 8 more than 6000.
      I would like to increase the speed of calculation until at the same level of windows 8.
      I have read everything. My bios does not have the advanced options to change speedstep or overclock (i have a laptop). I did not find kext to replace the applecpupowermanagement or nullcpupowermanagement. Any suggestions?

My specs:
      Hp pavilion dv6 2180el
      Intel i7 nehalem 720q
      Hd samsung ssd 250 giga
      NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M
      Wifi broadcom bcm43225
    • By Square_Feet
      Hi guys,

I've built and got running my latest build on 10.8.5 - all is well. It's snappy, seems to good give performance in games, and whilst rendering. However when I was researching what parts to buy, I came across a lot of Geekbench scores (for 10.8.5) that are a lot higher than mine. Whilst it's not the end of the world that I have a "low" geekbench score and this build knocks the socks off my old 10.6 setup, I'm just a little disappointed!

I'll put as much info below as I can - does anyone have any ideas as to why my score is seemingly a lot lower than other similar/identical setups? I've seen reports of scores in the 17k range for no-overclock builds using same motherboard, cpu, and OS version...

For the build, I followed acronator's guide here.

Geekbench Score (64bit)
      Single-core: 3630
      Multi-core: 14724

Specs
      Z87x-UD4h
      i7 4770k (no overclock)
      16GB Vengence RAM
      GTX770 (Gigabyte Windforce 2GB)

SMBios: iMac13,2

Kexts
      FakeSMC (with plugins, v.5.3.820)
      HDAEnabler1
      ACPISensors
      CPUSensors
      GPUSensors
      LPCSensors
      GenericUSBXHCI
      AppleIntelE1000e

Boot:
      Chameleon 2266
      GUI=Yes
      EthernetBuiltIn=Yes
      GeneratePStates=Yes
      GenerateCStates=Yes

Bios
      Loaded "Optimized defaults", the applied settings as per acronator's post above.

Thanks!

• By macimbu
      Hello everyone, I'm trying to figure out how it could be possible that after having gone from 8gb to 24gb of RAM in my desktop the benchmarks have fallen from 9054 to 8311
      My configuration is:

Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth x58

I7 processor 950 (3.07 ghz)

8GB -> 24GB Ram Corsair Vengance

Geforce GTX 560 GPU

I must say, however, I see a performance improvement especially at starting and using After Effects ...

Hypothesis?