[Guide] ML 10.8.5 on Msi Barebone 1763-001 (780m GTX version)-GT70-2OD and GT60-2OD should work as well

slayer2333

12 posts in this topic

For Mavericks 10.9 Installation Guide, see here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293214-guide-osx-mavericks-109-on-msi-haswell-gt70-2od-gt60-2od-barebone-gt70-barebone-gt60/

Hi everyone,
I managed so far to install ML 10.8.5 on my Haswell Laptop with an Nvidia 780m GTX and Intel HD4600 (optimus).
You can start by creating 10.8.4 installer and using the patched kernel attached (in addition to NullCPUPowerManagement and FakeSMC kexts, get the newest on the net).

As fos Bios Options, use the default ones except:

-Sata Configuration = AHCI

-Legacy Boot (UEFI and UEFI+CSM don't work).

Also make sure to use -x -f boot arguments to get to the installation screen. If it doesn't boot this way you may consider deleting all the graphic kexts (Intel/Nvidia) from the USB and it should work.

Once 10.8.4 installed, update to 10.8.5, install the newest Chameleon bootloader then BEFORE REBOOTING:
-Install Chameleon 2260 GMA (replace your boot file with the one provided in the zip)
-Replace the kernel by the attached one (4 kexts and a mach_kernel in the zip) and install the kexts attached over the existing ones as well using your favorite kext tool then reboot. (***) On the first reboot with 10.8.5 make sure to use -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=11 as arguments, once at OSX rebuild caches and you are good to go for the next boots using only GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=11

Easy way: Start directly by creating an USB installer using ML 10.8.5, then replace the kernel and the 4 kexts.  Repeat the (***) step.

So far with 10.8.5 i have most stuff working:

-Intel HD 4600 with full acceleration.
-HDMI video out (need to test audio once fixed)
-All USB ports (2.0 and 3.0) Nativelly working.
-Blueray working
-Webcam native.
-Audio (voodoohda), could not find a working AppleHDA for my ALC892 so far, i usually work with DSDT edits but mine shows about 140 errors, don't feel like fixing them for now (at least 1 Hour).
-Bluetooth working.
-Keyboard, Fn Keys, Trackpad with 2 fingers scrolling (both horizontal and vertical + disable).
-Keyboard backlight.

New: Brightness control working using Fn+F5 for brightness down and Scroll Lock for brightness Up) -> For now it really works only after wake up from sleep (which wakes up immediately so far anyways because of NullCpuPowerManagement).

Not working so far:
-Intel speedstep (obviously sleep won't work until native CPU magement).
-UEFI boot with clover (can't manage to correctly inject Intel HD 4600 so far and stuck at boot logo)
-Audio using AppleHDA.

Also you may use a MacMini 6.2 Smbios (so far tried Mac pro 3.1, Macmini 6.2 and Imac13.1, no difference). 

This Guide may as well work for MSI GT70-2OD and GT60-2OD since it is pretty much the same hardware.

Mavericks is a no-go for know because of kernel and reboots instantly, will update this post if i find any workaround.

Edit: October 13th, 2013

Attached a fixed DSDT.dsl, you can compile it and save the DSDT.aml in your Clover/ACPI/Patched folder (for some reason the aml file doesn't save for me once i fix all the errors/warnings).
This DSDT so far adds:

-Working Sleep

-Working Brightness (after wake from sleep so far).

More patches to come

Edit: October 19th, 2013

Updated the DSDT by a fixed one (DSDT.aml), copy directly in your Clover/ACPI/Patched (for Clover) or in your Extra folder (with Chameleon).

Credits to MiniHack (helped me achieve this) and all the Hackintosh team.

GT70.zip

Chameleon_2260_GMA.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for your config files and Work... I can confirm ITS Working on GE 60

I have a MSI Gaming GE60-i750M245FD - Intel Core i7-4700MQ

2 GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GT 750M (Optimus)

BIOS
ge60 20c
ms-16gc
e16gcmis.511 bios version

Did use myHack to generate a USB stick of 10.8.5 hackintosh

Copy all your files over !

Newbie here.. (Had some stupid errors in understanding install fix ++ ALL DONE RUNNING now )

Great slayer2333 :) Thanks Thanks ThankZzzzz

Hi,

could you help me my Hd 4600 says no kext loaded did try 3-4 different solutions and flash(strange half working) or video 

in vlc (no OpenGL) is not working..  :(

Did attach config

Please help me.. important is only Hd4600

I would donate to forum or you for fix !

Did you try other values for IntelAzulFB ? (like from 1 to 15 i think).  Is your top bar transparent or bold? Do you see any artefacts or graphic distorsions when using animations (e.g. dock or lateral bar)?

did try now 1-15 reboot and flash test or vlc no change no distortions but screen saver flash and OpenGL problems !

What kext is loaded for you under

Under System Hardware Graphics i get :

Intel HD Graphics:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
Slot: Built In
VRAM (Total): 128 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0416
Revision ID: 0x0006
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

• 3 weeks later...

I believe you are using Chimera thats why you have these problems.  I would advise to go with Chameleon instead, then use GraphicsEnabler=Yes SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes IntelAzulFB=N  (try again with different N values from 1 to 15).  For me it was a nogo with Chimera and i see that this is what you are using.