Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mr. west

ASUS Sabertooth X79 - Ivy Bridge-E - 4930k

228 posts in this topic

First of all, for 4930k (Ivy Bridge-E) you should only be using 10.9.2+ whose kernel supports IVBE. I've had alot of trouble trying to do a clean install using Clover but Chameleon/myHack works well. The rampagedev page has good info for Chameleon (but the only way I could get Clover to work in UEFI was to install Clover over the Chameleon install ... and into a FAT formatted EFI partition.

Im having trouble installing Mavericks(10.9.1) on my machine(sabertooth, 4930, 64gb ram, gtx 680). 

What I've done so far:

- Downloaded Mavericks(10.9.1) trough App Store.

- Downloaded MyHack and installed the installer on a flash drive.

- Replaced the mach_kernel on the flash drive trough Terminal. 

- Disconnected all hardware from my machine(except mouse, keyboard and ssd).

- Plugged the flash drive and tried to booth with: -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 npci=0x2000 

After this the computer hangs for a while on a grey screen, than it goes black...hangs there for 1 minute, it asks for my language, after I select it I get "The OSx Installation Couldn't be Completed" and it freezes there. 

Im sure Im doing something stupid but no idea what. Can someone help me? Do I need to do something on the bios?

You need to redo your myHack installation. I had the same issue, I suspect my pc went to sleep and knocked something off the counters.

I use ubibeast to install 10.9.2 on Asus Sabertooth X79 + i7-4960X + GTX760

my bootflags: -v npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=no PCIRootUID=0

It work well