Usekernelcache Problem

aphioner

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I have a computer with 10.8.2 and 10.9 DP7 installed.

With the same bootloader (Chameleon 2262) I can boot Mountain Lion but I can't boot Mavericks with usekernelcache=yes flag, it just hangs. In Mavericks with usekernelcache=no flag, everything works flawlessly including graphics card. 

First, I tried the same SMBIOS (macpro4,1) which works with Mountain Lion but it didn't work. So i tried macpro3,1 and macpro5,1 and still I'm not able to boot with usekernelcache=yes flag.

I guess this is an issue related with Applegraphicspowermanagement.kext (AGPM). Please help me to solve this problem.

Hey guys. I have a computer with 10.8.2 and 10.9 DP7 installed.

With the same bootloader (Chameleon 2262) I can boot Mountain Lion but I can't boot Mavericks with usekernelcache=yes flag, it just hangs. In Mavericks with usekernelcache=no flag, everything works flawlessly including graphics card.

First, I tried the same SMBIOS (macpro4,1) which works with Mountain Lion but it didn't work. So i tried macpro3,1 and macpro5,1 and still I'm not able to boot with usekernelcache=yes flag.

I guess this is an issue related with Applegraphicspowermanagement.kext (AGPM). Please help me to solve this problem.

Maybe you have extra folder with kexts at one of partition?

Maybe you have extra folder with kexts at one of partition?

I gave it a try but still no luck.

I typed sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel and here is the output:

NVDANV50Hal.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.NVDAResman.
BJUSBLoad.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.libkern.
Prelink failed for com.apple.nvidia.nv50hal; omitting from prelinked kernel.

That's the full output:

kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad  108079000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse  108079000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard  108079000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller  108079000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.superhai.driver.VoodooPowerMini  102499000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA  208021006 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.softraid.driver.SoftRAID  404009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.lnx2mac.driver.RealtekRTL81xx  909000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.promise.driver.stex  501649000 is in exception list, allowing to load
NVDANV50Hal.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
kext com.jmicron.JMicronATA  101069000 is in exception list, allowing to load
WARNING - Invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothUSBDFU.kext"
kext com.highpoint-tech.kext.HighPointRR  300009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.highpoint-tech.kext.HighPointIOP  300009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.CalDigit.driver.HDPro  201019000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.uphuck.Brcm43224Injector  100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.globaldelight.driver.BoomDevice  101009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
BJUSBLoad.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
kext jp.co.canon.bj.print.BJUSBLoad  200139000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASRAID2  300019000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASRAID  307029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASHBA3  100059000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASHBA2  200009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASHBA  200009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressPCIUl4  404029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOCelerityFC8  200009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOCelerityFC  304089000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.Areca.ArcMSR  103059000 is in exception list, allowing to load
WARNING - Invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext"
kext com.Accusys.driver.Acxxx  300029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext jp.co.canon.bj.print.BJUSBLoad  200139000 is in exception list, allowing to load
Prelink failed for com.apple.nvidia.nv50hal; omitting from prelinked kernel.

I guess I found the problem. Without usekernelcache=yes flag, I inspected loaded kexts and saw AGPM and NVDANV50HalTesla kexts were loaded. So NVDANV50Hal.kext is no problem for me.

Please help me add AGPM to some kind of white list for kernel cache.

WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext"