About Just Joined group Read more... ×
xpamamadeus

Ozmosis

6,216 posts in this topic

There hasn’t been much progress to it for quite some time except from volunteers... as Oz was never open source. Ozmosis ´successor’ is OpenCore which is open source

Advertisement
19 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

There hasn’t been much progress to it for quite some time except from volunteers... as Oz was never open source. Ozmosis ´successor’ is OpenCore which is open source

Can be inserted into bios as ozmosis? 

Edited by Aigors

Posted (edited)

Ozmosis XMAX-Extended not working now with 10.15.4. "Could not locate SMC provider". I guess that a kernextpatcher.plist update it is needed.

Edited by Kynyo

You are correct about that. I have reworked the KernextPatcher.plist pretty heavily in attempt to make the patches more futureproof and reliable.

I want to stress once more:

On 7/1/2019 at 1:35 AM, TypeThree said:

Now with OpenCore as Ozmosis successor I think we should stop providing Ozmosis for beginners but instead try to generate a DataBase of information for people that are interested, want to patch around, learn or have fun. This can be this thread or if you guys have some good suggestions, go ahead and comment my idea!

The Ozmosis project for me is now only a way to learn more about various topics. I don't use Ozmosis anymore as I have switched to its way superior successor OpenCore but I still play around with Ozmosis once in a while and keep learning interesting stuff.

To all beginners: Please use OpenCore instead of Ozmosis nowadays!

To any Ozmosis enthusiasts and fools like me just playing around: Do what you want with your Ozmosis projects but please be careful and know the risks!

With that said, here is a new KernextPatcher.plist which should support every OS from Catalina 10.15.4 (and maybe even higher) down to Mountain Lion.

Place it on your EFI Partition next to the Oz folder and refer to the UEFTW Github Wiki regarding any issues.

Please provide feedback! Cheers!

KernextPatcher.plist

@STLVNUB & @Intel6600 

I am not against a discussion on this theme, but I sincerely believe that this forum is not the most suitable place for such a discussion either. I am always in favor of a constructive discussion, but when a discussion aims to add fuel to the fire (and unfortunately, it clearly is taking this turn), I must stop it immediately in order to protect the spirit of the forum. I am not here to prevent you from sharing your opinions on this matter but I'll ask you to continue this discussion in private.

Thank you guys in advance.

On 8/25/2020 at 6:21 AM, fantomas said:

@STLVNUB & @Intel6600 

I am not against a discussion on this theme, but I sincerely believe that this forum is not the most suitable place for such a discussion either. I am always in favor of a constructive discussion, but when a discussion aims to add fuel to the fire (and unfortunately, it clearly is taking this turn), I must stop it immediately in order to protect the spirit of the forum. I am not here to prevent you from sharing your opinions on this matter but I'll ask you to continue this discussion in private.

Thank you guys in advance.

I didn't mean to do with my initial post , I just wanted to see how many people where interested in an updated Ozmosis

and nothing more.

Sorry if I offended anyone