xpamamadeus

Ozmosis

6,140 posts in this topic

Advertisement
15 hours ago, capitanbelico said:

are any Ozmosis Bios for GA-Z370p-D3 + RX 580 XFX?

Here, the Post 118!

On 11/13/2018 at 8:31 AM, Jakushevich said:

IQSV

If I boot from the boot menu, then after the appearance of the apple, it will immediately restart. But if I am loading from Hermit Shell, as in the screenshot, the system is loading. Thought that a problem with Darboot. Already removed it from the BIOS. The problem is not in it. I now wonder why it loads from Shell, and if I add an entry to the boot menu, then no. Any ideas? AptioFix and -norelocate does not work. 

Any update with HD4600?

I can boot 10.14.2 only via boot override.

Hi guys.

Used to use Ozmosis with my old Gigabyte GA Z77X UD5 Th and my GA Z87X UD5 some years ago. The Gigabyte bios was easy to mod because when you extracted the bios every modules was specified. Now with my Asus bios the modules has no text in FileName only the GUID-values and I really don't know which modules I should swap (filesystem?) respectively compress (COREDXE?) to give more space. Is there anybody how could help me with modding my attached bios?

Is it Right that I have 646 kb free space in my bios? How much space do I need for the XMAS Ozmosis? 

Any help appreciated.

WSCSE.CAP.zip

WSCSE.txt

Edited by obus

I guess you will need AudioDxe.ffs and BootChimeDxe.ffs, which not provided by developer yet.

Go extract file in attachment to test (warning: i have not test my self, please use at your own risk).

As I mentioned above, BootChimeDxe will have super size to embed, since they have default sound inside binary.

And Im too lazy to reapply my previously diffs.

[!] Also experienced boot hang with my Aptiofix with latest commit, could be caused by overridden ExitBS in BootChimeDxe, not sure here.

* I have made a new driver to work with AudioDxe here which similar to BootChimeDxe, I think ;)))

FIRMWARE.Fv.zip

I'm not able to install Mojave while using my i7-4790k HD4600 iGPU. I have WhateverGreen and Lilu with my XMAX Ozmosis, but still stuck at the apple logo when I start the Mojave installation from USB. Using my High Sierra installation works fine still even after the BIOS Flash Update

Here are a few questions that I can't seem to find the answers to, maybe you pro's can help me out:

- Is HD4600 supported by Mojave Hackintosh? Or do I need to wait for a fix?

- In what cases should I Enable "DisableIntelInjection" and/or "DisableNvidaInjection"? (I normally have a GTX 960 as secondary DGPU with webdrivers and my iGPU as primary)

- I'm using SMBIOS iMac15,1 that matches my CPU, Does this mean power management is covered natively?

And the most important question before I try installing Mojave again:

- Would it work to install Mojave using a DGPU (and disabling iGPU) and after installation go back to my iGPU?

Any help is super appreciated

On 1/10/2019 at 2:44 AM, poof86 said:

I'm not able to install Mojave while using my i7-4790k HD4600 iGPU. I have WhateverGreen and Lilu with my XMAX Ozmosis, but still stuck at the apple logo when I start the Mojave installation from USB. Using my High Sierra installation works fine still even after the BIOS Flash Update

Here are a few questions that I can't seem to find the answers to, maybe you pro's can help me out:

- Is HD4600 supported by Mojave Hackintosh? Or do I need to wait for a fix?

- In what cases should I Enable "DisableIntelInjection" and/or "DisableNvidaInjection"? (I normally have a GTX 960 as secondary DGPU with webdrivers and my iGPU as primary)

- I'm using SMBIOS iMac15,1 that matches my CPU, Does this mean power management is covered natively?

And the most important question before I try installing Mojave again:

- Would it work to install Mojave using a DGPU (and disabling iGPU) and after installation go back to my iGPU?

Any help is super appreciated

On 8/25/2018 at 10:50 PM, TypeThree said:

For me it works just normal... I can't say what the problem is and why Mojave refuses to boot for some people when iGPU and dedicated GPU are activated.

I had that problem in the beginning and the only way I could start Mojave with both GPUs, was when I had Mojave as the first boot priority, entered the BIOS and exited it again without saving (the behaviour doesn't make sence to me).

Then I reset my BIOS to defaults and ever since that day I can start Mojave completely normal with both GPUs activated.

Maybe somebody has a clue what this might be about...

Hey guy, glad to be back. 

Does anyone use AMD cards like: 

MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 4G
Sapphire PCI-Ex Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ 4GB GDDR5 (256bit) (1411/7000) (DVI, 2 x HDMI, 2 x DisplayPort) (11265-07-20G)

With Oz? 

Currently, I have gtx 1050ti, so I guess this would be a good GPU boost up.

2 hours ago, firefly_can_fly said:

Hey guy, glad to be back. 

Does anyone use AMD cards like: 

MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 4G
Sapphire PCI-Ex Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ 4GB GDDR5 (256bit) (1411/7000) (DVI, 2 x HDMI, 2 x DisplayPort) (11265-07-20G)

With Oz? 

Currently, I have gtx 1050ti, so I guess this would be a good GPU boost up.

It will work Out Of The Box ^_^

HI ALL. 

I have modified a copy of the Z97PD3.F8b-XMAX.rom. by adding the KernextPatcher_XMAX.plist to the bois .

and i have managed to update to 10.14.4 Beta (18E174f) i seems to work ok. except it boots up a bit slow. some usb Ports and HDMI not working   sleep will restart

could someone be so kind and check my Send me file please .

Send me Grahams-iMac.zip

heres a copy of the bios i moddified. i havent time to try and recreate what i did at the moment. the bios and file are from the german site. im now running.10.14.4 Beta (18E184e)KernextPatcher Log.txt file from efi folder

modded bios folder.zip

KenextPatcherLog folder.zip

CHANGES: IM NO LONGER USING THIS BIOS

as it was to problematic for me IE couldnt use apps and programs i have reverted back to past bios and 10.14.3

Edited by BALDY_MAN
added file

Hello guys! I am a bit interested again after some time in Ozmosis. Do i have to build it myself or someone will send me a modded for my Z97-HD3? And are there some things changed from the time I was experimenting with it last time(november 2016)? I would be happy if i was not needed to reinstall macOS and could use my existing macOS(10.13) installation.

4 hours ago, Morc said:

Hello guys! I am a bit interested again after some time in Ozmosis. Do i have to build it myself or someone will send me a modded for my Z97-HD3? And are there some things changed from the time I was experimenting with it last time(november 2016)? I would be happy if i was not needed to reinstall macOS and could use my existing macOS(10.13) installation.

you will need the app UEFITOOL  Motherboard bios. And (Kext2Ffs tool. to convert  kext you need to ffs file to add to your bios) and some 0mosis files the is a  how to on this site 

Hello Guys,

I have installed the following Rom Z97D3H.F9-XMAX-ROM. Previously, I had Z97D3H.F9-Sierra-ROM.

However, I have removed DarBoot because Legacy Boot does not work with it. DarBoot makes the APFS entries (UEFI) in the boot menu, but probably removes the legacy entries. Maybe that can be changed? And I do not need OzmosisHFTheme, so I removed it too.

Sierra and Mojave work without problems. But Yosemite and El Capitan do not start anymore.

Whereby I assume that it is the KeenextPatcher. Because when I start Yosemite or El Capitan no KernextPatcherLog.txt file is created. At Sierra and Mojave, this is created, and the systems also start.

I copied the FakeSMC to S / L / E on Yosemite, changed rights and updated Kext Cache.

Yosemite starts now. But no sound and no network. Kext under /Efi/OZ/Darwin/Extensions/Common will not load.

The second NVME SSD is not recognized. The KextsToPatch entries are probably not loaded from the KernextPatcher.plist. Or the KernextPatcher.plist will not be executed at all. Does the KernextPatcher not work with the old systems?

Furthermore, I can not update from Mojave 10.14.2 to 10.14.3. He simply aborts the update and restarts.

Can someone please look at that and help me? Attached my files and Sorry for my bad English.

Z97D3H.F9-XMAX-ROM.png.40b2ab18efe2bfd2309f67ce2d8ed637.png

EFI.png.e09b6413d3c22dfcaf630dcf11fa043e.png

bootlog_Yosemite.txt

kextstat_Yosemite.txt

Defaults.plist

KernextPatcher.plist

Edited by witjojo

Hello,

After you are able to boot into your Yosemite (by putting required kexts to S/L/E), still no KernextPatcherLog.txt on your \EFI folder? Have you tried another log option? https://github.com/cecekpawon/UEFTW/wiki/Howto-Driver-Log

I know its lame, KernextPatcher (or other driver by me) will delete your old log file and create a new one during boot. Which mean, once you are unable to reach the desktop and reset your pc, you will lost the last log file.

From your bootlog, latest Lilu will not allowed you to use their plugins when you set Firmware Vendor to "Apple". Try to change to "Eppla" or something else.

Maybe KernextPatcher are failed to read current booted system version. Try to rename "MatchOS" to "#MatchOS" to disable OS version filter.

** During testing please keep FakeSMC or other mandatory kexts on S/L/E to allow you to reach the desktop.

8 hours ago, cecekpawon said:

After you are able to boot into your Yosemite (by putting required kexts to S/L/E), still no KernextPatcherLog.txt on your \EFI folder? Have you tried another log option? https://github.com/cecekpawon/UEFTW/wiki/Howto-Driver-Log

I do not know exactly how to do that?

I know its lame, KernextPatcher (or other driver by me) will delete your old log file and create a new one during boot. Which mean, once you are unable to reach the desktop and reset your pc, you will lost the last log file.

I know about it. I then boot into Windows there I have access to the EFI partition. There is no KernextPatcherLog.txt

From your bootlog, latest Lilu will not allowed you to use their plugins when you set Firmware Vendor to "Apple". Try to change to "Eppla" or something else.

Yes maybe, but the other kext have to load, like AppleALC.kext, IntelMausiWthernet.kext, USBInjectAll.kext.

Maybe KernextPatcher are failed to read current booted system version. Try to rename "MatchOS" to "#MatchOS" to disable OS version filter.

I did that, but no change.

Perhaps the driver is incompatible with the older OS versions? And can something be changed there?

Or do you have any other ideas to test it out?

@witjojo

*) Theres another options to save the log besides SaveLogToFile (SaveLogToDeviceTree / SaveLogToNvram) that you can get it later from OS.
**) The driver will create a log file on first ESP found, in case you have more than one ESP installed. Or on same directory as driver was loaded from disk.
***) You are correct (1), it will create a log file when you are booting to Windows.
****) You are correct (2), you still have another kexts (IntelMausi etc) to load from EFI folder. And from your log, Ozmosis already done injecting em all flawlessly. KernextPatcher seems failed to patch the kernel for you.
*****) Sadly, I dont another OS / machine to do some test for you, only me here with 1 and only pc + macos ver. Perhaps someone can help you. The thing that you might want to try is to load the driver from ESP (with bcfg / DBounce) instead of FV as comparison.