Jump to content
xpamamadeus

Ozmosis

6,212 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

On Tue Oct 09 2018 at 7:28 AM, TypeThree said:

Interesting...

 

Also BlackScreen when you use bcfg driver add... and do a reboot aftwards?

Though my test,I think maybe @ammoune78 is right,10.14.1beta1 can normally boot without any change in bios,with igpu and dgpu.I tried almost every macos vesion except 10.14.1beta2.So I think this issue maybe not caused by aptiomemory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

If your guideline is not "never touch a running system", please do an NVRam and BIOS Setting reset and test again. 

 

If everything still works perfectly afterwards, you may be right. I'm gonna test 10.14.1beta1, too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excuse me @mosconi , I didn't had time to reply, and yes, WathEverGreen replaced IntelGraphicsFixUp, so it was the magical solution.

 

@taoarch and @TypeThree:

I can boot normally to Mojave, with just choosing Mojave HD in the Boot Override on the Bios Settings, and without altering any Bios Option.

The result:

- Booting every Apple OS normally ^_^

- Booting Mojave from Boot Override on the Bios Settings, and keeping them as they are  ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Excuse me @mosconi , I didn't had time to reply, and yes, WathEverGreen replaced IntelGraphicsFixUp, so it was the magical solution.

 

@taoarch and @TypeThree:

I can boot normally to Mojave, with just choosing Mojave HD in the Boot Override on the Bios Settings, and without altering any Bios Option.

The result:

- Booting every Apple OS normally ^_^

- Booting Mojave from Boot Override on the Bios Settings, and keeping them as they are  ^_^

Magic!This is working for me under 10.13.6 and 10.14.1beta3 normally boot or reboot,but not 10.14...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, taoarch said:

Magic!This is working for me under 10.13.6 and 10.14.1beta3 normally boot or reboot,but not 10.14...

 

I can boot 10.14 with both graphics card IGPU/DGPU, I already confirmed it, after @TypeThree had posted that solution! And, for me, I only reboot with same settings on bios, and choose Mojave HD from Boot Override menu on my GIGABYTE board! Did you used WhatEverGreen? Did you used Ozmosis Mojave support by @TypeThree?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

 

I can boot 10.14 with both graphics card IGPU/DGPU, I already confirmed it, after @TypeThree had posted that solution! And, for me, I only reboot with same settings on bios, and choose Mojave HD from Boot Override menu on my GIGABYTE board! Did you used WhatEverGreen? Did you used Ozmosis Mojave support by @TypeThree?

As I just said,according to your methods,I can boot 10.14.1beta3 with IGPU AND DGPU,

and I use wgatevergreen and ozmosis with Mojave support,but it doesn't work for 10.14 release edition。

And when I used 10.14.1beta1 before to test,  I only need to set dvmt to 32m and 128m in bios, it can boot normally.but but it doesn't work for 10.14.1beta3!

What a magical bug!

Edited by taoarch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As I just said,according to your methods,I can boot 10.14.1beta3 with IGPU AND DGPU,
and I use wgatevergreen and ozmosis with Mojave support,but it doesn't work for 10.14 release edition。
And when I used 10.14.1beta1 before to test,  I only need to set dvmt to 32m and 128m in bios, it can boot normally.but but it doesn't work for 10.14.1beta3!
What a magical bug!

I did not set dvmt to 32 and 128
The thing that works for me is boot override
This magical is working for me but not for you as i can see


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boot override is a very useful solution, but I found that in order to successfully boot Mojave, it should be saved and restarted after selecting the system item in Boot override. The computer must have a restart process to be successful. For this reason, I chose to change dmvt. Of course, this is not the only option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, taoarch said:
Boot override is a very useful solution, but I found that in order to successfully boot Mojave, it should be saved and restarted after selecting the system item in Boot override. The computer must have a restart process to be successful. For this reason, I chose to change dmvt. Of course, this is not the only option.


Hm, maybe because different manufacturer for boards, but because i use for each os one selected drive while others are disabled from sata interface settings with profil settings in the bios, when i restart to choose Mojave profile i select its boot override and it works directly! But this is an alternative solution, that touches only haswell systems with Ozmosis!
Other chipsets have pretty same problem using clover, but they have a patch, except damned haswell.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ammoune78

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Friends, it's been a long time i'm not posting, but i have little time.
One my friend ask me for an hackintosh, but i'm very ignorant about latest developments 

, could someone advice me for a mobo, cpu and graphics card that are compatible with ozmosis? 

Many thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aigors said:

Hi Friends, it's been a long time i'm not posting, but i have little time.
One my friend ask me for an hackintosh, but i'm very ignorant about latest developments 

, could someone advice me for a mobo, cpu and graphics card that are compatible with ozmosis? 

Many thanks 

Hi.. I have ASUS P8Z77-m - i5 3470 - NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 2047 MB - iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)- SSD 120G - Mojave Ozmosis

get them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

just want to let you know, that I successfully installed Mojave on my hackintosh with intel hd4600 igpu only.

I updated Ozmosis to the xmax version and added the KernextPatcher.ffs into the rom.

For loading ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and to select the boot entries I used my enhanced rEFInd.

But I have to set igpu memory to 32M, any higher value stucks at the apple logo. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a nvram variable that could be used to disable injection of SMCEmulator.kext from firmware (could not find any on the Wiki)?

I have an issue with Mojave 10.14.1 and 10.13.6SU on my QUO board and I would like to test something without that kext being injected from firmware.

Edited by IronManJFF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFAIK SMCEmulator.kext is simply a renamed FakeSMC and nowadays pretty old (version 1300 or something like that). I wouldn't recommend using SMCEmulator, instead you should use VirtualSMC (MMIO support) or FakeSMC.

 

I don't think that there's a way to disable Kexts from loading that are in the firmware (except breaking kext injection on purpose :D), only if there's a kext with the same identifiers on the EFI it will be loaded instead of the one from FV. Ozmosis uses FV as a fallback in most cases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a nvram variable to prevent VooDooHDA injection, so I thought may be there was a undocumented one for SMCemulator.

Thanks for clarification, will try to override with EFI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, because some VoodooHDA features are part of Ozmosis.efi itself, it's like a collaboration between VoodooHDA and Ozmosis (DeviceProperty Injection etc.). But as far as I am concerned Ozm doesn't have an effect on SMCEmulator itself, I could be wrong here though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TypeThree said:

Yes, because some VoodooHDA features are part of Ozmosis.efi itself, it's like a collaboration between VoodooHDA and Ozmosis (DeviceProperty Injection etc.). But as far as I am concerned Ozm doesn't have an effect on SMCEmulator itself, I could be wrong here though.

Hey!

Is there any progress in booting Mojave with hd4600?

I can boot it with "override", but I must repeat this step in bios every time I start, so I switch to clover.lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't guarantee anything yet. As previously mentioned it can help to use a normal AptioFix and disable Ozm internal AptioFix by using -norelocate flag in some cases.

Edited by TypeThree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IQSV

If I boot from the boot menu, then after the appearance of the apple, it will immediately restart. But if I am loading from Hermit Shell, as in the screenshot, the system is loading. Thought that a problem with Darboot. Already removed it from the BIOS. The problem is not in it. I now wonder why it loads from Shell, and if I add an entry to the boot menu, then no. Any ideas? AptioFix and -norelocate does not work. IMG_20181113_115609.jpg

Edited by Jakushevich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all.

 

Just today, I read for the first time about this Osmosis system.  Just curious, if I wanted to give this a go, am I limited to ancient hardware like the z77 chipset based boards or are there now modern motherboards that work?

 

thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, capitanbelico said:

are any Ozmosis Bios for GA-Z370p-D3 + RX 580 XFX?

 

 

Here, the Post 118!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 8:31 AM, Jakushevich said:

IQSV

If I boot from the boot menu, then after the appearance of the apple, it will immediately restart. But if I am loading from Hermit Shell, as in the screenshot, the system is loading. Thought that a problem with Darboot. Already removed it from the BIOS. The problem is not in it. I now wonder why it loads from Shell, and if I add an entry to the boot menu, then no. Any ideas? AptioFix and -norelocate does not work. 

 

Any update with HD4600?

I can boot 10.14.2 only via boot override.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Rohan20
      Opencore is running really really slow on Catalina 10.15.4. So It was running perfectly before I put the ssdt-pnlf for enabling Brightness control. it is running really slow and I verified my config with the sanity checker and its all correct. can someone please help. I am attaching my oc folder.

       
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/drkek0eaz19ina5/OC.zip?dl=0
       
    • By StarFighter_77
      I built this hack years ago now. Started with Lion, now on El Cap. I want to update now to High Sierra.

      I think I messed up my Clover when I downloaded the update .pkg and just installed it without taking my time or customizing the install. Was on Clover r3423, now I think I'm on r5104

      I've been searching and reading this site and others for a few days before making this thread, but I need help compiling what I've learned to get my system running correctly again and ready to update to High Sierra. Then, eventually, I want to update my graphics card, switch to UEFI (if necessary) and update to Mojave.

      I couldn't get system to boot. Could get to Clover and all the options, except the Shell... I hit enter on the Shell and I get black screen and nothing.

      The only way I got it to boot was to add -v to boot args, and change smbios from 14,2 to 13,2. Not sure why that worked still. Also I'm running two monitors, but I can only now run one of them off the Intel 3000 Graphics and the second one off my GFX Card.

      So now I'm afraid to shut down or reboot.... I could really use some help with Clover.

      I'm pretty sure my config file in Clover is not right. Also, some of the files in my Clover backups are not in the new Clover install. (2.5k 5104)

      If someone could please take a look at the files I've attached and help me sort this out, I would be grateful. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

      I've attached
      - The last boot log
      - The current Clover folder from the EFI partition after performing Clover update. (.zip)
      - The Clover backup that was working before Clover update (.zip)
      - Library/Extensions Folder (screen shot)
      - System/Library/Extensions Folder (.zip)

      Here is my current hardware:

      Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3

      CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K

      GPU: GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2x

      RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600?C9B

      HD0 (for OS and Apps): OCZ Technology 120 GB Vertex Series SATA II Solid State Drive

      HD1 (file storage, Adobe scratch disk): Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA

      BURNER: LG CD/DVD Burner Model GH22NS50

      CPU COOLER: Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 All in One High-performanc?e CPU Cooler CWCH50-1

      P/S: Antec CP-850 850 Watt CPX Power Supply Unit

      CASE: Antec Performance One P183 V3 Case
      CLOVER.zip
      CloverBackup.zip
      bootlog.txt

      S_L_E.zip
    • By dgsga
      Can I propose a new subforum be created for the new OpenCorePkg OpenCore front end being created by vit9696 and others, it is a fantastic piece of work:
      https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg
      Even at version 0.1 it runs my Mojave 10.14.4 setup very nearly flawlessly. It consists of a 10KB bootstrap BootX64.efi and a 200KB OpenCore.efi OS loader. All configuration is done using a very well documented config.plist 
       
       
    • By cvad
      View File Bootdisk Utility
      Make bootable USB Flash Disk for MAC OS X with Latest Clover bootloader revision fast and easy by one click! under OS Windows.
      Special utility from cvad & russian MAC community for new hackintosh users.
       
      Enjoy...
       
      For more information and complete instructions please see this topic.
       
       
       
       
      Feel free to "Rate File"
      Submitter cvad Submitted 04/28/2013 Category Bootloaders  
×