xpamamadeus

Ozmosis

6,187 posts in this topic

Advertisement

@medallo

Replace SMC+Sensors, Ozmosis, OzmosisDefaults with current versions and add GM apfs.ffs.

In OzmosisDefaults:

Change FirmwareFeatures, FirmwareFeaturesMask, BiosVersion, BiosDate

Use KextToFfs to convert new OzmosisDefaults and apfs.efi to their ffs-versions:

Put OzmosisDefaults.plist in Ozm and apfs.efi in Efi.

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2017-09-26 um 08.21.11.png

./KextToFfs.command

You will find the resulting ffs files in the Ffs folder.

Use MMTool and replace the files in the bios like this:

Load the bios file in MMTool and select the entry you want to replace, select the Replace tab and browse for the new file and hit replace.

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2017-09-26 um 08.25.21.png

Save As different file ;) and flash it.

Where we can found current versions of SMC+sensors and Ozmosis?

Here you go. The Archive contains following Files:

- OZ 1.03.167X-CPWN Release (the one patched for HighSierra)

- APFS.EFI patched for reduced verbose Output and taken from the Release Version of HighSierra

- FakeSMC and Sensors Rev 6.25-333 (SMC Version 2.22f16)

And the rest of the OZ Files taken from the XMAS Release. Be careful with the GPU Sensors they might trigger a Kernelpanik if used with a NVIDIA Pascal based GPU. The defaults in this package identify the Maschine as an iMAC14,1.

HighSierra.zip

- APFS.EFI patched for reduced verbose Output and taken from the Release Version of HighSierra

And the rest of the OZ Files taken from the XMAS Release. Be careful with the GPU Sensors they might trigger a Kernelpanik if used with a NVIDIA Pascal based GPU. The defaults in this package identify the Maschine as an iMAC14,1.

Hi Griven,

Could you make a Z87N-WIFI High Sierra ROM ?

Attached is your Modded ROM posted on hackintosh-forum forum that I use in my machine.

Thanks.

Regards.

Z87NWIFI-F6-Sierra.rom.zip

Hi ..thanks griven.

but black screen and it doesn't advance.

:(

The black screen is no OZ Issue at all. Please keep in mind that flashing a new Rom onto your board will reset all settings to factory default and in case you use a dedicated GPU you might end up with a black screen since the iGPU is reactivated and initialised as primary video output. Try to connect your screen to your iGPU instead of the dedicated one and you should be able to enter your bios setup utility and configure it properly (turn off igpu etc...)

@DoGuiTTo sorry but Z87N-Wifi has not enough available space to hold all necessary files so the time being there is no way to make this ROM HighSierra compatible.

it is after setting the bios that it stays on the screen in black and does not advance.

My machine: Asus P8Z77-M, CPU:Core i5 3470, GPU EVGA Geforce 210 1024MM, SSD Kingston.

in Sierra  10.12 it works well.

You can easily add an entry via efi shell and bcfg comand...

How does it work? Do you have tutorials or links?

Thanks

The black screen is no OZ Issue at all. Please keep in mind that flashing a new Rom onto your board will reset all settings to factory default and in case you use a dedicated GPU you might end up with a black screen since the iGPU is reactivated and initialised as primary video output. Try to connect your screen to your iGPU instead of the dedicated one and you should be able to enter your bios setup utility and configure it properly (turn off igpu etc...)

@DoGuiTTo sorry but Z87N-Wifi has not enough available space to hold all necessary files so the time being there is no way to make this ROM HighSierra compatible.

Thanks Griven,

I managed replace the Osmosis.ffs patchedFakeSCM*.ffs plus the InjectorKext.ffs and DisablerKext.ffs  from your zip in the BIOS. 

Removed the OsmosisDefaults.ffs as I have it on /Oz

Is there a way to load APFS.efi and after that HighSierr, like if I put it on CLOVERx64drivers (or whatever it is called) ?

And HermitShellx64.efi (when needed)  ??

Thanks... Regards

it is after setting the bios that it stays on the screen in black and does not advance.

My machine: Asus P8Z77-M, CPU:Core i5 3470, GPU EVGA Geforce 210 1024MM, SSD Kingston.

in Sierra  10.12 it works well.

or am I missing something to do?
or what causes this problem?

I'm stuck in this. thank you.

@griven

Sure that black screen it is not a OZ issue?

I use OZ not in BIOS but via efi shell and bcfg comand

and I also get a black screen (NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 )

I did try all listed " initial display outputs" IGFX, PCIe 1 Slot etc.

I had to disable driver ozmosis.efi to get back my screen.

I can boot via clover, so my BIOS settings should be ok

A short story:

One mont ago, ammoune78 decided to leave Ozmosis to try Clover and to leave ROM untouched. The work for the EFI partition was finally done after a day, good, and config.plist with hot patches make the life easier, kexts placed, SSDT's also! Life will be easier for him without problems only, hhhhh,, but what happened is trying to install Sierra and finding other problems beside Config.plist being corrupted, in addition to all working OS X partitions became not bootable. Finally two days with no success, rrrrrrrr!

I don't know but, three disks with 2x10.12.6 and 10.13 had the exact same problem, even if they booted before without any kind of problem. I'm not happy and I don't want to wast my time, the simplest solution are here, yes, OZMOSIS backup, yes I did a backup of my OzmRom, hhhhh, it's simple like HermitCrabs Lab: QUO Your Computer, Your Configuration, Your Choice!!!!!

I already commented before for giving a special thanks for all the OZMOSIS developers and all who they worked on it, today also, I sincerely THANK YOU ALL BECAUSE THIS WORK IS A BEAUTIFUL HARDROCK WORK.

I love you all guys and i wish you all the best  

There is one thing which is really annoying with OZ and apfs. Since OZ won't pick up boot entries for APFS Volumes on it's own you have to manually add them via EFI Shell and bcfg which is not much of a deal except your motherboards NVRAM is not writable at all. One Example my Z77-DS-3H (F10 Firmware) has writeable NVRAM and I am able to add boot entries for HighSierra and The Recovery Partition inside The APFC Container without any issue. Once added they stay persistent until I perform a NVRAM Reset on a QOU AOS the same thing won't work. You can add boot entries as well but as soon as you restart the machine or leave the EFI Shell they are gone.

Any Ideas how to solve this Issue? Or is there even any progress in a way that OZ will detect this entries on it's own?

There is one thing which is really annoying with OZ and apfs. Since OZ won't pick up boot entries for APFS Volumes on it's own you have to manually add them via EFI Shell and bcfg which is not much of a deal except your motherboards NVRAM is not writable at all. One Example my Z77-DS-3H (F10 Firmware) has writeable NVRAM and I am able to add boot entries for HighSierra and The Recovery Partition inside The APFC Container without any issue. Once added they stay persistent until I perform a NVRAM Reset on a QOU AOS the same thing won't work. You can add boot entries as well but as soon as you restart the machine or leave the EFI Shell they are gone.

Any Ideas how to solve this Issue? Or is there even any progress in a way that OZ will detect this entries on it's own?

So, is the Hermitshell included in the Bios published on the Hackintosh-forum.de website? If it's not the case, one would have to make a USB stick with Efi Shell to be able to boot from HS...

It depends on the available space. We try to integrate as much as possible first of all the core files and the APFS driver and if there is enough space left the shell, sensors and stuff like that where we have a priority on the shell. The older Z7X Roms are mostly complete newer ROMS and the B or H flavoured Chipsets may lack the Theme, Shell or both. Don't get me wrong it's not about the ability to boot HighSierra through the shell it's about persistent boot entries. One of the strongest arguments pro OZ is the ease of use which includes that there was no need to take care about boot entries and stuff like that before. Most OZ users are not advanced users they use OZ since it used to work out of the box.

This kind of people don't want to mess around with stuff like shells and boot entries they are not used to it and most of them don't want to learn about it. Prior to HighSierra and APFS it doesn't really matter wether the NVRAM is persistent or not since OZ took care about it and scanned the boot entries on each and every start and added them on the fly with APFS this mechanism broke and if the NVRAM is not persistent you'll end up with no bootable Volume which kind of sucks...

@griven

The way you're talking about for APFS has been disputed, it's somehow difficult to perform it since the last time cecek did a try. You can push the post up by your questions for searching for a solution, but as I think OzDev's don't want to do something for Ozmosis. I use only Oz with no APFS, for me it's enough!

I hope also like you as many of us, we are still waiting :)  ^_^  ! 

@ammoune78 sure you're right the OZ Dev's don't care about anything and that's the only sad thing at the long end...

For me in person it doesn't matter at all since I luckily own a Mobo which offers enough space to insert all the needed stuff and provides writeable and persistent NVRAM as well. All I've got to do is to add a boot entry via HermitShell and i am good to go but that's not my point.

OZ was released as a supplemental BIOS Upgrade for the all-mighty QUO AOS Motherboard and it's kind of ironic that especially the QUO Customers are not able to use their Boards any more since OZ in combination with HighSierra lacks to detect APFS Volumes and even fail to hold manually added boot entries (added via shell with bcfg). In Fact they are forced to use Clover as an alternative since their overpaid solution isn't capable to detect and boot apples latest OS anymore and that is a shame. 

Don't get me wrong it's not about Cecek this guy did everything possible to give OZ life support. He did great things when Sierra pops out (the OZ devs didn't care about it at all but claimed how well OZ was designed that a simple patch is enough to make it run *sigh*) and he did it again when HighSierra pops out and with the KernextPatcher he also added a long  awaited an truly needed feature.  My concerns and/or thoughts about APFS might have been disputed but nevertheless APFS is a real hurdle which needs to be taken if not by the OZ Devs themselves than hopefully by someone else...

Maybe a driver could be written that adds the apfs boot entry automatically? Instead of using a shell. Edk2 kit has a sample app that displays and allow you to change the boot order so maybe with a little alteration you could make it work. Just a thought. Anyhow Oz is eol so anything goes,,

the OZ Dev's don't care about anything and that's the only sad thing at the long end...

You have to know...

(the OZ devs didn't care about it at all but claimed how well OZ was designed that a simple patch is enough to make it run *sigh*) 

Bin-patch an old Clover to work with a new version of macOS, then comment again on this topic.

I suggest you to remove all the FD files from your forum, not a brilliant idea offering such badly supported software from horribly evil devs, eh?