xpamamadeus

Ozmosis

6,187 posts in this topic

Advertisement

The theme was created because people wanted a nice looking boot selection. If they wouldn't want us to be able to make changes they wouldnt have made it that simple to read out and configure.

The log should be bdmesg.

Thanks for the tip. Viewed the log and it said it loaded the "Black Frog" Horizontal Theme from firmware not disk.. Guess it won't load from disk if theres one in firmware?

Bootcamp? What do you mean? UserInterface has to be enabled in defaults.plist and theme has to be non-compressed.

I mean the one in the Tutorial Ozmosis Theme linked here: 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/?p=2208757

Nope, Theme.bin from EFI is preferred over the one from firmware.

The theme from the alanlcarlos-package seems like its to old to work. Try to change values within the HorizontalTheme and see if it loads from EFI or use the latest edition of the BlackTheme, that should work too.

If you add new PNGs to a theme make sure to use images with the right size. You can find out the required size by checking bdmesg.

Maybe I have mixed up my default Oz Efi drive among the other four ssd disk drives I have. All of them have Efi Oz folders. Maybe BDMesg will tell me which one is the master drive.

Why do they all have an OZ folder? Just try using a current theme as I mentioned above.

@cecekpawon or someone else: Do you know how ozmosis determines which badge it has to use for which OS?

Why do they all have an OZ folder? Just try using a current theme as I mentioned above.

@cecekpawon or someone else: Do you know how ozmosis determines which badge it has to use for which OS?

Probably because I have mixed up the sata cables and when your do a 4-finger reset thats what happens. 

@cecekpawon,

Thanks. You just made my life easier. Was trying to write something similar in QT but why reinvent the wheel. Nice.

Edit: Does your script also concatenate?

From the source code, I dont think so... Would be great though. But there would have to be an option to select the files that shall be put together.

David did you already try if it's possible for you to replace images with new ones? Are there issues for you?

From the source code, I dont think so... Would be great though. But there would have to be an option to select the files that shall be put together.

David did you already try if it's possible for you to replace images with new ones? Are there issues for you?

I almost have put together an executable  program that on the Windows command line would split all the the png files in Theme.bin but Cecekpawon did such a nice job I'm not sure I'm going to continue writing it although his requires php to be installed. Not sure if after the plist file the order of badges matters but I wish I could have experimented with that more if not for the fact I went away for the weekend. Will let you know if there are any issues when I work on it later. If you could point me to a working Black Oz Theme that would be great. I'll do more later..

Thanks

I almost have put together an executable  program that on the Windows command line would split all the the png files in Theme.bin but Cecekpawon did such a nice job I'm not sure I'm going to continue writing it although his requires php to be installed. Not sure if after the plist file the order of badges matters but I wish I could have experimented with that more if not for the fact I went away for the weekend. Will let you know if there are any issues when I work on it later. If you could point me to a working Black Oz Theme that would be great. I'll do more later..

Thanks

I don't know how to extract Ozmosis Theme files nor to pack it, as i wanted to change also the PNG's, for changing the look: Pure as Apple, Black, White or Gray with a New Oz LOGO! But if it can help you here's the OzmosisBlackTheme extracted from QUO_Oz-1479.ROM.

OzmosisBlackTheme.zip

Are you currently working on Windows executable + batch script (and maybe QT for OSX)? That would be great david, please continue! Yes Windows doesnt come with PHP for sure, and my script just a demo trying to know how theme.bin was assembled, and parsed by Oz.

I have tried manually add new Badge Sierra (supposed with valid ID), and still get ignored by Oz.

Badge: (w_128 x h_128) "MountainLion" 3039(09)_3030(00) - (id_137 frame_0)
Badge: (w_128 x h_128) "Mavericks" 3131(11)_3030(00) - (id_139 frame_0)
Badge: (w_128 x h_128) "Yosimite" 3133(13)_3030(00) - (id_141 frame_0)
Badge: (w_128 x h_128) "ElCap" 3135(15)_3030(00) - (id_143 frame_0)
Badge: (w_128 x h_128) "Sierra" 3137(17)_3030(00) - (id_145 frame_0)  <======= 
Badge: (w_128 x h_128) "Windows7" 3330(30)_3030(00) - (id_158 frame_0)
Badge: (w_128 x h_128) "Windows8" 3331(31)_3030(00) - (id_159 frame_0)
Badge: (w_128 x h_128) "Windows10" 3332(32)_3030(00) - (id_160 frame_0)

If your upcoming tool is to create another theme with existing valid ID it may work (have not tried my self).

Valid struct may looks like this:

- theme.plist
- [null terminator]
- pngs (Font)
- pngs (Pointer)
- pngs (Bus)
- pngs (Button)
- pngs (Device)
- pngs (Badge)
- pngs (Selector)
- pngs (Special)

* Update the script to get ID, as prefix dumped filename to reassemble.

How did you figure out that Oz definitely ignores it? Did you also run bdmesg? Normally it should say:

Installed Badge Image 128 x 128 Id 145 Frame 00 "Sierra" (23)
Have you tried to replace the PNG with a new Image or to add a new Badge for a new OS? As far as I know there is a more or less current version of the HorizontalTheme that includes a badge for Sierra but also old versions where the latest badge is only for El Capitan.

Could you also attach the PNG that you were trying to add, please? :)

Can't do testing right now either but this one should still be working:

Your theme doesnt have badge at all?

FontType1: (w_739 x h_15) "OregonMedium" 3030(00)_3132(12) - (id_0 frame_12)
FontType1: (w_962 x h_22) "OregonMedium" 3030(00)_3138(18) - (id_0 frame_18)
FontType1: (w_1277 x h_29) "OregonMedium" 3030(00)_3234(24) - (id_0 frame_24)
FontType1: (w_1803 x h_41) "OregonMedium" 3030(00)_3336(36) - (id_0 frame_36)
Pointer: (w_15 x h_22) "Default" 3030(00)_3030(00) - (id_1 frame_0)
Button: (w_48 x h_48) "Options" 3031(01)_3030(00) - (id_9 frame_0)
Button: (w_48 x h_48) "Info" 3032(02)_3030(00) - (id_10 frame_0)
Button: (w_48 x h_48) "Shell" 3033(03)_3030(00) - (id_11 frame_0)
Button: (w_48 x h_48) "Firmware" 3034(04)_3030(00) - (id_12 frame_0)
Device: (w_128 x h_128) "InternalDisk" 3031(01)_3030(00) - (id_513 frame_0)
Device: (w_128 x h_128) "ExternalDisk" 3032(02)_3030(00) - (id_514 frame_0)
Device: (w_128 x h_128) "OpticalDisk" 3033(03)_3030(00) - (id_515 frame_0)
Device: (w_128 x h_128) "UniversalSerialBus" 3034(04)_3030(00) - (id_516 frame_0)
Device: (w_128 x h_128) "Firewire" 3035(05)_3030(00) - (id_517 frame_0)
Device: (w_128 x h_128) "ThunderBolt" 3036(06)_3030(00) - (id_518 frame_0)
Device: (w_128 x h_128) "Ethernet" 3037(07)_3030(00) - (id_519 frame_0)
Device: (w_128 x h_128) "Firmware" 3038(08)_3030(00) - (id_520 frame_0)
Device: (w_128 x h_128) "RecoveryVolume" 3039(09)_3030(00) - (id_521 frame_0)
Device: (w_128 x h_128) "CoreStorage" 3130(10)_3030(00) - (id_522 frame_0)

How did you figure out that Oz definitely ignores it? Did you also run bdmesg? Normally it should say:

Installed Badge Image 128 x 128 Id 145 Frame 00 "Sierra" (23)
Have you tried to replace the PNG with a new Image or to add a new Badge for a new OS? As far as I know there is a more or less current version of the HorizontalTheme that includes a badge for Sierra but also old versions where the latest badge is only for El Capitan.

Could you also attach the PNG that you were trying to add, please? :)

Because I never get badge for Sierra rendered in GUI? While Oz can read it as 10.12 >>>

I saw similar log (*before get deleted) which contain Sierra badge already (with exact "145" ID).

I just had an older version of theme.bin with no Sierra badge. Attached theme.bin, dummy badge & log :)

No i've extracted it "as is" using UEFITool and no raw body or something else, now here's uncompressed one using MMTool

OzmosisBlackTheme.zip

Edited by fantomas1
All posts must be clearly written and easy to read.

Well my tool will be a Windows executable though it could also run on a mac since I'm using QT. Its almost done just needs the code cleaned up and error checking. All it does it does is spit out the PNG and Plist files. Nothing more. Pretty simple at the moment but I suppose it could do more if I had more time. I also may enable it to be able to open up the firmware image itself without having to extract the them.bin file but I would have to borrow OZMTool for that and expand it if the author not mind. 

As far as testing out those themes you guys have posted haven't had the chance. At work now and would be prefer to be playing with code..

Thanks.

Playing around with the Theme package the King posted and feel like a kid in a candy store.. but was wondering

what pre-requesites are required to compile the files as on my system it completely failed to pack them all...

Thanks

Playing around with the Theme package the King posted and feel like a kid in a candy store..

Haha same for me :D Thanks a lot!

There are some folders that are required for the script to work. If you take a look into compile.sh these are:

Type | Folder | Name of file

FONTS=$THEME/Fonts/*

LOGOS=$THEME/Logos/*.png

POINTERS=$THEME/Pointers/*.png

BUTTONS=$THEME/Icons/Button_*.png

DEVICES=$THEME/Icons/Device_*.png

BADGES=$THEME/Icons/Badge_*.png

SELECTORS=$THEME/Icons/Selector_*.png

SPECIAL=$THEME/Icons/Special_*.png

BUS=$THEME/Icons/Bus_*.png

BACKGROUNDS=$THEME/Background/*.png

+ Theme.plist in $THEME Folder.

And there we also have a directory for a background image, everything you asked for ;)

Also make sure you name the files right:

# extract type, name, id and frame from filename ie Device_01_00_InternalDisk.png
  # type  = Device
  # id    = 01
  # frame = 00
  # name  = InternalDisk
I hope that I didn't missunderstand you :/ :)

Hi,

I finally was able to load the OzmosisBlackTheme from the EFI parition and I have some interesting findings. The Oz Black Theme seems not to have keyboard support in my case and all my partitions are spaced too far apart to show all at once. The other finding has to do with where Oz was loading the Theme.bin file from. I assumed it was my Sierra partition running off of the first Sata0 cable but it turns out that I also had an Oz EFI partition on my NVME PCI-E drive that hosts Windows 10. This EFI parition is also completely hidden from OSX as its on a NVME drive and I didn't install any NVME drivers on purpose. Needed Hermit Shell for that and  looking into BdMesg Oz log reported finding the GUID of the Windows NVME first so I assumed thats where to copy the Theme.bin and what do you know it worked! It didn't need a four finger reset either!

This opens up an interesting possibility... Loading Sierra from the NVME drive. The only problem in the past I had was that  Oz wouldn't create a boot menu with out a Sata drive but maybe thats changed. Anyhow now thats out of the way time to make some custom themed mods!

Thanks

Haha same for me :D Thanks a lot!

There are some folders that are required for the script to work. If you take a look into compile.sh these are:

Type | Folder | Name of file

FONTS=$THEME/Fonts/*

LOGOS=$THEME/Logos/*.png

POINTERS=$THEME/Pointers/*.png

BUTTONS=$THEME/Icons/Button_*.png

DEVICES=$THEME/Icons/Device_*.png

BADGES=$THEME/Icons/Badge_*.png

SELECTORS=$THEME/Icons/Selector_*.png

SPECIAL=$THEME/Icons/Special_*.png

BUS=$THEME/Icons/Bus_*.png

BACKGROUNDS=$THEME/Background/*.png

+ Theme.plist in $THEME Folder.

And there we also have a directory for a background image, everything you asked for ;)

Also make sure you name the files right:

# extract type, name, id and frame from filename ie Device_01_00_InternalDisk.png
  # type  = Device
  # id    = 01
  # frame = 00
  # name  = InternalDisk
I hope that I didn't missunderstand you :/ :)

Just confused about how to name the Background.png file so it can get included in the theme.bin file. I now have The King's script working perfectly and it adds every included png file however skips the Background.png file. Suspect either I've named it wrong or have incorrect header info.

Thanks

"*" stands for a random name so the background picture could have any name, as long as it has the right suffix and is placed in the folder called "Background".

What have you changed to the script to make it work perfectly?