xpamamadeus

Ozmosis

6,084 posts in this topic

Advertisement

It's better to post your entire bios file so we can look directly at it.

Thanks for this, but my hack is recognized by apple as a real iMac and I don't like to share my smbios data.

Also I came to the conclusion that my problem has nothing to do with my ozmosis integration:

I add  APFS via bcfg like a driver and all work fine. always saw apfs partition and in Sierra and on boot menu.

I disconnect all disk's except my testing ssd and installed 10.13 in apfs mode.

I can boot this drive with a clover usbstick and verified the installation was successful.

I put a uefi-shell to efi\boot\bootx64.efi and the driver to efi\apfs.efi

I boot to the shell and load the driver.

Inside the bios 'apfs' is shown as a driver and from the shell I can see it is loaded  - so far so good.

But the boot-menu (via F12) doesn't show me any macOS entry.

Than I reconnect my macOS 10.12 ssd and there I can select the 10.13 disk as a start volume.

But it is rebooting to 10.12.

A few people tried and 90% of them failed, look it up. Ozmosis has no official support for mobile platforms. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/page-122?do=findComment&comment=2082310

That is because most mobile devices are using InsydeH2O, which has no 'official' support, which though does not imply it will not work. It's not 'it will not work', it's 'you will get no help'. Oz has been running on tablets. ;)

EDIT: Did not mean to encourage anyone to just slam Oz into their FD, on a mobile device with no recovery way. All I'm saying is that sb who has some skills could most likely make it work.

Thats certainly true. Putting SecureCore Tiano and InsydeH2O aside for a second, beeing able to properly integrate ozm into FD doesnt guarantee thats it's gonna work (completely). But as you said there's at least a chance. Though testing it out with shell should be the way to go if sb really wants to try it.

Hi, can someone point me, what im doing wrong. Made fresh install of 10.13, SMBIOS iMac 15,1 (working, valid), but i can see this: 

vClfTkS.png

In defaults.plist  -lilubeta -igfxbeta

Kexts are loaded: 

ZLTD67N.png

Ok guys spent this morning studying 12 pages of information and I think I know what to do and am ready to flash away, but have a few questions:

Right now my working oz defaults is for a 14,2 Imac. As I understand the FF + FFM are different for each different kind of imac? Doesn't matter if entered as dec vs hex? 

My settings:

<key>BiosDate</key>
<string>05/01/2017</string>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>IM142.88Z.0118.B46.1705011513</string>
<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
<integer>938805225</integer>
<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
<integer>1073684479</integer>

Does that look correct?

Why must bios the bios date be for may 2017? Will my old 2015 Macbook pro be compatible for High Sierra considering it has an old bios?

Also how do I get the HS installer if I'm not a developer? Understand the two usb installation methods but gather Clover no longer needed for the oz2a update?

Also whats best install AFPS into bios or manually?

Also the new Oz2a.ffs file makes FF  + FFM, and FakeSMC update irrelevant?

And concerning the enhanced EDK2 Fat vs Hermit crabs. Whats best? Difference?

Thanks.

@stehor thank you very very much for the last default plist file you shared with me I now have a High sierras install thank again

alsoThanks to ammoune78 for shearing your work

Ok guys spent this morning studying 12 pages of information and I think I know what to do and am ready to flash away, but have a few questions:

1 - Right now my working oz defaults is for a 14,2 Imac. As I understand the FF + FFM are different for each different kind of imac? Doesn't matter if entered as dec vs hex?

My settings:

<key>BiosDate</key>
<string>05/01/2017</string>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>IM142.88Z.0118.B46.1705011513</string>
<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
<integer>938805225</integer>
<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
<integer>1073684479</integer>

2 - Does that look correct?

3 - Why must bios the bios date be for may 2017? Will my old 2015 Macbook pro be compatible for High Sierra considering it has an old bios?

4 - Also how do I get the HS installer if I'm not a developer? Understand the two usb installation methods but gather Clover no longer needed for the oz2a update?

5 - Also whats best install AFPS into bios or manually?

6 - Also the new Oz2a.ffs file makes FF  + FFM, and FakeSMC update irrelevant?

And concerning the enhanced EDK2 Fat vs Hermit crabs. Whats best? Difference?

Thanks.

1- Yes

2- Yes

3 - Bios and Bios date , yes

4 - Here ,  yes

5 - Not stable yet, but try and share experience

6 - Better to have the FF + FFM that you've posted, for fakesmc I prefer it to much my SMBIOS just to be 100% sure

7 - Didn't tried

Edited by ammoune78

1- Yes

2- Yes

3 - Bios and Bios date , yes

4 - Here ,  yes

5 - Not stable yet, but try and share experience

6 - Better to have the FF + FFM that you've posted, for fakesmc I prefer it to much my SMBIOS just to be 100% sure

7 - Didn't tried

Ammoune78,

Thank you so much for your reply. The fog has begun to lift.  I just do not understand line 6 where you said "for fakesmc I prefer it to much my smbios ...". Please clarify. Are saying you prefer to update to the latest version? Thanks again.

Ammoune78,

Thank you so much for your reply. The fog has begun to lift.  I just do not understand line 6 where you said "for fakesmc I prefer it to much my smbios ...". Please clarify. Are saying you prefer to update to the latest version? Thanks again.

According to this iMac14,2 smc is: 2.15f2, in Info.plist of FakeSMC.kext keys: REV, RVBF and RVUF you should update them with this: 02150F00 0002, then in system profiler you will have SMC Version (system): 2.15f2.

You also have to change in Info.plist smc compatible: smc-napa with smc-huronriver

When you will install HS then you'll don't have Firmware problem error, even sometimes with oz2a.ffs

Edited by ammoune78

Mine's  SMC Version (system): 1.30f3 and no problems so far, clean install. 

Changed data and bios version in Defaults.plist.

Mine's  SMC Version (system): 1.30f3 and no problems so far, clean install. 

Changed data and bios version in Defaults.plist.

cecek said, dump real Mac hardware, copy and paste not exact same data but you should do it on the way of that.  ^_^  

According to this iMac14,2 smc is: 2.15f2, in Info.plist of FakeSMC.kext keys: REV, RVBF and RVUF you should update them with this: 02150F00 0002, then in system profiler you will have SMC Version (system): 2.15f2.

When you will install HS then you'll don't have Firmware problem error, even sometimes with oz2a.ffs

Thanks I will look in that and update my FakeSMC. Also I noticed that the APFS.ffs file is missing its name identifier and in UEFITool its name is missing. So on my own I converted the efi file that was posted a couple pages page back to ffs with a proper name "APFS_Driver". However the file size is twice as big as the apfs.ffs driver posted prior at 378 kb for both the efi and ffs. Not only that the apfs.efi file thats hosted here in the downloads insanelymac section is 452 kb large.  Makes me wonder why are there such large discrepancies in file size??

Anyhow I have posted my apfs.ffs file with identifying name details in there if anyone wants it until Ammoune or Fritz or someone else does a better job with smaller file size.

Thanks

APFS.ffs.zip

I've tried several times installing HS with APFS file system, but doesn't see it, I will now re-install clean one with APFS and will see if it will works! Good hack  :wink_anim:

Ammoune,

The latest FakeSMC Kext I could find was Rehabman's June 7th 2017 release. Will that one work with HS? Also I found the keys you mentioned and changed the values, and converted to an ffs but was reading theres another version called HuronRiver?? Is that one better and where do I get it?

Thanks

Edit: Reread this line you wrote and now it makes sense:

You also have to change in Info.plist smc compatible: smc-napa with smc-huronriver

Thanks

Ammoune,

The latest FakeSMC Kext I could find was Rehabman's June 7th 2017 release. Will that one work with HS? Also I found the keys you mentioned and changed the values, and converted to an ffs but was reading theres another version called HuronRiver?? Is that one better and where do I get it?

Thanks

Edit: Reread this line you wrote and now it makes sense:

You also have to change in Info.plist smc compatible: smc-napa with smc-huronriver

Thanks

Yes in the same Info.plist just change smc-xxxx with smc-huronriver, it's just optimizing FakeSMC for the smc of the iMac you're playing!

Yes in the same Info.plist just change smc-xxxx with smc-huronriver, it's just optimizing FakeSMC for the smc of the iMac you're playing!

Found it. Converted it. Waiting for my HS usb installer to finish up and away we go! Thanks.

Edit: Just wanted to report that the Oz2a and the updated FakeSMC 2.15f ver is backward compatible with the old Sierra install and was able to boot into the old 12.3 no problems. Verified 2.15f in the system profiler. Still haven't tried to install HS yet. Probably do so tomorrow after some rest. Thanks.

Found it. Converted it. Waiting for my HS usb installer to finish up and away we go! Thanks.

Edit: Just wanted to report that the Oz2a and the updated FakeSMC 2.15f ver is backward compatible with the old Sierra install and was able to boot into the old 12.3 no problems. Verified 2.15f in the system profiler. Still haven't tried to install HS yet. Probably do so tomorrow after some rest. Thanks.

With these settings, you should be able to install it with no prob unless something missing, but I don't think so!

Unfortunately I found out the hard way that using apfs.ffs in the firmware prevents Oz menu from loading usb items. Removing apfs.ffs restored that ability.

Still can't get past the apple logo. Maybe I need Clover to assist?

Thanks

Maybe better using HFS+, install HS, when APFS fully supported then re-install it

Some usuals:

<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
		<integer>170262534</integer>
		<key>DisableIntelInjection</key>
		<false/>
		<key>boot-args</key>
		<string>-lilubeta -alcbeta</string>

And it's preferable to boot first in verbose to see what happened! Don't use Discret Graphic Card, the Info.plist of FakeSMC need to be edited by PlistEdit Pro or equivalent, Bios updated with UBU can cause same issue when booting, if using UBU just IRST and LAN no need VBIOS or CPUMicrocode to be updated!

Only Oz! Booting from Install HSierra USB is same as Sierra USB! 

Edited by ammoune78

Thanks I will look in that and update my FakeSMC. Also I noticed that the APFS.ffs file is missing its name identifier and in UEFITool its name is missing. So on my own I converted the efi file that was posted a couple pages page back to ffs with a proper name "APFS_Driver". However the file size is twice as big as the apfs.ffs driver posted prior at 378 kb for both the efi and ffs. Not only that the apfs.efi file thats hosted here in the downloads insanelymac section is 452 kb large.  Makes me wonder why are there such large discrepancies in file size??

Anyhow I have posted my apfs.ffs file with identifying name details in there if anyone wants it until Ammoune or Fritz or someone else does a better job with smaller file size.

Thanks

Hi.

First page

6.)Making needed kexts for ozmosis.

We will use script called Kext2Ffs by FredWsta and STLVNUB

Copy your kexts to kext folder,run script and u get .ffs for integrating into firmware.

U can integrate uncompressed and compressed.

If u wanna compress using MMTOOL u will save about 10% of space.

Soo if u really need space then compress using mmtool other way just use already compressed by script.

Using MMTOOL u will get better compression ratio not only for kext but for all.

about 10% seems to be a lie for apfs.

APFS_MMTOOL_Compress.zip

Ammoune,

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try them out after work today. Let me explain what happened last night. Tried to boot the usb using Clover and got a kernel CPU panic crash. Didn't try to turn on verbose mode in Oz - should have and will do next try. Even tried to disable those MAT tables I read about in Clover and that got me as far as waiting for Firewire GUID error. So still confused if still need Clover or not anymore..

To Xpamamadeaus.. I know all about kext2ffs and compressed vs non-compressed files. Thing was the efi source file I used to convert into an ffs was large to begin with but MMTool probably could extract it as a compressed file I  believe. Problem was the APFS ffs driver conflicted with Oz's boot menu and selecting usb devices would do nothing until I got rid of APFS. Don't need it now anyhow,

Thanks

PS: Atleast my old Sierra installations are still functional. Got to be some bios setting I forgot to disable or something.