Ozmosis

6,213 posts in this topic

Advertisement
At boot I get a lot of:
APFSStart:1132: Mounting with apps_efi_osx-621.0.0.1.32
efi_container_create:795: -efi_container_create, Status = 8000000000000007

No one interested >>>

Same output with unsupported macs to load driver from shell

Ok, I miss this patch but what is the meaning of this output?

At this time I didn't have any apfs formated partition.

Why diskutil doesn't shows any disks and why there are so many disks listed in the terminal output by 'diskutil list' (called from inside the installer).

To be clear, I don't install HS with apfs for now. I have stopped the installation and re-flash my working bios.

I would put these in ESP and not in rom, just my opinion 

Why?

i had apfs in rom which got me to 2nd stage 22 mins then crash.made a new defaults.plist with the bios date change but never got to test the fix as my ga pos z97m-ds3h went into a reboot loop hell and not fixable. ordered a new asrock z97m anniversary to play with.

@IronManJFF

which version of apfs did you use and did you a full install from usb?

i had apfs in rom which got me to 2nd stage 22 mins then crash.made a new defaults.plist with the bios date change but never got to test the fix as my ga pos z97m-ds3h went into a reboot loop hell and not fixable. ordered a new asrock z97m anniversary to play with.

Years ago I had to recover my bios from the backup chip. It was a little bit tricky because I had to shorten some pins on the MB at boot to make it happened.

Maybe this is something you can try too.

No one interested >>>

This patch can be used in Clover?

As you I don't use macOS HS yet. Would be good if anyone had tested it, and see if the boot time is more short.

@IronManJFF

which version of apfs did you use and did you a full install from usb?

Years ago I had to recover my bios from the backup chip. It was a little bit tricky because I had to shorten some pins on the MB at boot to make it happened.

Maybe this is something you can try too.

I used oz2a.ffs and  apfs2.ffs and I did a clean install on a test partition starting the process from my 10.12.5 partition

I used oz2a.ffs and  apfs2.ffs and I did a clean install on a test partition starting the process from my 10.12.5 partition

Ok, than I try it this way, too.

Thanks! 

uglyJoe i have fixed this reboot loop before a yr ago by pushing the power/reset at same time but no longer works

and this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Version</key>
	<string>1.0.1</string>
	<key>Date</key>
	<integer>0</integer>
	<key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BiosDate</key>
		<string>05/01/2017</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>IM131.88Z.010A.B1C.1705011311</string>
		<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
		<integer>0xE907F537</integer>
		<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
		<integer>0xFFFFFFFF</integer>
		<key>ProductId</key>
		<string>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</string>
		<key>ProductFamily</key>
		<string>iMac</string>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>iMac13,2</string>
		<key>SystemSerial</key>
		<string>INSERT _SERIAL_HERE</string>
		<key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
		<string>INSERT _SERIAL_HERE+5_DIGITS</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
	<dict>
		<key>boot-args</key>
		<string>-v nvda_drv=1</string>
		<key>csr-active-config</key>
		<integer>103</integer>
	</dict>
	<key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
	<dict>
                <key>DisableNvidiaInjection</key>
                <true/> 
		<key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label $platform.$major.$minor</string>
		<key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label $platform.$major.$minor</string>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

:mad:  :angry:  :thumbsdown_anim: . Stehor excuse me but I didn't see that you have same MoBo as me, but do you know that your board can fit all Ozm stuffs and Audio + Ethernet as well? Can get ACPI Tables Fully customizable as well? Running macOS High Sierra from USB Install Media as well, Without throwing it into hell? 

You just have to SPI it as I did this morning by putting them a modified Ozmosis that bricked it! Stehor, don't spend money for nothing, go with SPI Flash Programmer, Download from GIGABYTE the F5 bios, put it inside the chip, go to Win-Raid update your baby, put all Ozmosis stuffs as well, if you need I can fully mod it for you, and enjoy your OS X and Windows

Guys you only have to try the APFS2.ffs, install HFS+ then when in Desktop convert your HD to APFS! :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:

Edited by ammoune78

uglyJoe i have fixed this reboot loop before a yr ago by pushing the power/reset at same time but no longer works

This method never worked for me. The only way was to shorten the two pins on the main bios-chip with a paper clip and power on the PC.

Than the recover procedure starts. But if I remember right, there are different pin combinations for different Gigabyte boards so you have to search which pins are the correct ones for your MB.

Guys you only have to try the APFS2.ffs, install HFS+ then when in Desktop convert your HD to APFS! :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:

I tried both methods, but the installation get stuck just before the first message should appear at the display.

Than I flashed my working oz2a bios again (without APFS) and the installation was successful.

APFS isn't working with my setup.

You should use APFS2.ffs and Oz2a.ffs on Bios, install first in HFS+ GUID partition Ex...Journal..., when installation succesfull, and when you're @Desktop open DiskUtility and convert your drive to APFS, then it should work!

I tried both methods, but the installation get stuck just before the first message should appear at the display.

If you had checked to Convert to APFS ... you might think that it was stuck but it was in fact converting ...

I tried it with and without converting and it get stuck at the same point.

If I start the Installer from USB and try to launch diskutil it stuck also.

If I remove APFS from the ROM all is fine.

I tried it with and without converting and it get stuck at the same point.

If I start the Installer from USB and try to launch diskutil it stuck also.

If I remove APFS from the ROM all is fine.

Did I get that right, when you have the APFS UEFI driver in your FD, Disk Utility in macOS gets stuck?

Did I get that right, when you have the APFS UEFI driver in your FD, Disk Utility in macOS gets stuck?

Not exactly. If I start from USB, Disk Utility in the macOS-10.13 Installer gets stuck.

I never finished the installation...

Not exactly. If I start from USB, Disk Utility in the macOS-10.13 Installer gets stuck.

I never finished the installation...

Well, Installer whatever, my point was just it being in-OS. Do you have a APFS partition anywhere? Can you write to it via Terminal?