xpamamadeus

Ozmosis

6,214 posts in this topic

Advertisement

I couldn't find any references to 'MZ' in any of the Ozmosis ffs files in a hex editor.

@daviddm71 Nah, if you have csm instalation then you need to use CSM. Just do what I told you to get into bios and you are good to go.

:P

@daviddm71 Nah, if you have csm instalation then you need to use CSM. Just do what I told you to get into bios and you are good to go.

:P

I tried disabling CSM (by turning on Win 8 features -> only way to disable CSM) on the Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H and pressing escape did bring into bios like you said but it would still lockup and not boot anything. Just stall on the Gigabyte boot logo.

I couldn't find any references to 'MZ' in any of the Ozmosis ffs files in a hex editor.

Your .ffs files need to be extracted as uncompressed 

It´s not possible to deactivate CSMVideo on it´s own the Bios setup will only allow you to disable the whole CSM Module which also disables CSMVideo. Depending on your Board look out for an option called CSMMode or something like that and disable it (set it to load never)

Was wondering does Ozmosis leave any error logs at all for viewing? I tried every csm efi bios option last night and could not get past boot logo and white circle with line through it. Doesn't seem 1479 likes my board at all. At least this time f12 boot menu worked but couldn't load OSX. Oz 849 working good at least with the exception of multiple efi shell boot entries added at every reboot. Read only fix is to remove hermitshellx64 from bios?

Thanks.

Edit: Also noticed that the console isnt displaying the boot log history like it use to using other bootloaders and my AppleAHCIPort kext edits to allow motherboard intel raid on 10.10.3 no longer work unless I set Sata mode in bios to EFI Priority.

What is HW acceleration  :whistle:  :wacko: ? Excuse me!  Maybe it's Graphics acceleration? If it's i havent made it in DSDT but in SSDT4, you must add GFX0 in P0P2. Or you can wait 1 hour i can made the SSDT, 2,3 and 4 with DSDT! 

NOTE: This will work with OS X even with Windows  :yes:  :D  ^_^

Okey! This will work with Z87 Chipset Series.

You have two choices:

1- Use 1 DSDT without changing the content of the SSDT's.

2- Use 1 DSDT, SSDT, 2, 3, 4, with modified PM, PEG0=>P0P2 + GFX0, PEG1=>P0PA, PEG2=>P0PB, SAT0=>SATA.

The two choices work well with OS X and Windows.

I- DSDT

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

II- DSDT, SSDT, 2, 3, 4. 

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

attachicon.gifSSDT.png    attachicon.gifSSDT2, 3, 4.png

A- You have to extract Body of these modules in the pictures, open it with a HexEditor of your choice, copy content of each one and paste it in a new hex file and rename  it SSDT first picture, SSDT 2, 3, 4 second picture, then save it.

B- Now you have to generate SSDT: LINK, copy the content of generated ssdt.aml and paste it in the RAW module for SSDT in second picture, save it and replace Body of your Bios file with this one. 

C- Now you have to rename SAT0 of the two first module in the second picture with SATA and live SAT1 as is, make it "exactly like the Step B".

D- Finally, you have to rename PEG0 with P0P2, PEGP with GFX0, PEG1 with P0PA, PEG2 with P0PB, GFX0 with IGPU of the third module in the second picture, make it "exactly like the Step B".

Enjoy  :yes:  :D^_^ !

Hi,

I don't get it. Can you please explain all over again? Your pics are no longer present.

Thanks

Do you have another way to recover your BIOS if something goes wrong? If so, I have something to test for you ;)

Hi,

I've try to find what's going wrong with bios with .ROM section, and i've not found. :(

After many test, it decided to forbid patch for those kinds of bios. 

So as i understand, it was working for you with old rev. may be because DSDT was lower than stock in bios.

Can you confirm ? 

if Yes i'll check that in futur rev.

Fred

I have the same problem when injecting my DSDT into Zotac Z77-ITX bios. Error "file has .rom section, it can't be patched" Your suggestions are welcome! I also can restore the bios with my eeprom flasher when bricked.

Here my modified ozmosis  BIOS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzee7o4ottsbf9g/zotac_z77itx_OZM.bin.zip?dl=0

here my DSDT

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gc2fh0duc8n0s5w/DSDT.zip?dl=0

Fred, can you send me your  dsdt2bios r3 so i can test if it works?

thanks a lot

I have the same problem when injecting my DSDT into Zotac Z77-ITX bios. Error "file has .rom section, it can't be patched" Your suggestions are welcome! I also can restore the bios with my eeprom flasher when bricked.

Here my modified ozmosis  BIOS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzee7o4ottsbf9g/zotac_z77itx_OZM.bin.zip?dl=0

here my DSDT

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gc2fh0duc8n0s5w/DSDT.zip?dl=0

Fred, can you send me your  dsdt2bios r3 so i can test if it works?

thanks a lot

Here the link on the last version 0.4.11 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/btkk15ztffuamyp/Dsdt2Bios.zip?dl=0

Your bios Amiboard.bin has .rom section, it will not work. And i don't know how to fixe this.

Fred

Hi,

I finally figured out why I could not boot up from 894 to 1479 after upgrading ozmosis version. Turns out the Marvel controller that had no issues before conflicts. Not only that afterwards the proper boot entry is broken and needed to reinstall osx from usb (I did onto the existing install by accident) and noticed no more network controller, defaults.plist now ignored (some other smbios details) , and NVidia running on stock driver. Suggestions would be appreciated on what to do next?

Thanks.

Edit: I think it was premature to blame it on the marvel controller. It was actually vt-d interfering with the boot process and my previous configuration files on the OZ EFI folder at fault and to blame. Deleting the Oz and Quo folders solved the boot problem. What happened other night I disabled Sata controller in bios and was able to boot off of the Yosemite USB installer of course because the EFI partition got disabled. Once I figured that out the rest was a breeze at 12 am in the morning!

Anyhow using AMIBCP I was able to set certain default bios settings to match the other stock Quo board and now I can get into bios easy and notice the hirez Ozmosis boot logo and initialization messages I never noticed before. Also updated my ozmosis defaults in bios to give verbose messages at boot and can see whats going on like my usb ports are under powered. Got to investigate next..

Only issues now are that after updating to 10.10.3 osx rebooted into recovery partition and I had to click install OSX to get 10.10.3 updated. Maybe the boot order got mixed up? Still getting 'EFI Shell' entries in my boot menu after reboots. Might try removing hermitshellx64?

Also wonder if trim patch can get injected into bios so won't need to patch iostorage over and over after updates?

Thanks.

Here the link on the last version 0.4.11 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/btkk15ztffuamyp/Dsdt2Bios.zip?dl=0

Your bios Amiboard.bin has .rom section, it will not work. And i don't know how to fixe this.

Fred

Fred

I have read in this forum that patching AmiBoardInfo.bin with .rom section worked for another guy with a previous release r3 of dsdt2bios. Can you give me the link to this release so i could try.?

Hi!

I'm trying to get my gtx960 working on my quo with HC3.1479.

Is the 960 compatible with the bios?

I've tried a few combinations of nvidia web graphic drivers and DisableNvidaInjection on and off.

The 960 is not reference design, does this matter?

Mine has 2 dvi, 1 hdm, 1 DP.

Ref has 1 dvi, 1 hdmi, 3DP.

It does not get detected in sys config like my old 5870 used to when I boot from the IGPU.

Guys,

Do I really need disabler.kext in Ozmosis at all if I have a Gigabyte Z87 board for power management? I'm tidying up my bios rom and would really appreciate if I someone in the know could write back. I can now boot up no problems except that pesky multiple boot entries bug. Is that caused by the hermitshell? Safe to delete or substitute with another?

Thanks in advance!

No need for the disabler kext if you have no plans to install older OS X builds.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ama4dflost2f92z/HermitShell.efi

You can remove hermitshell from firmware if you want and use the .efi from esp. Place in /EFI/BOOT/ as BOOTX64.efi

So in other words remove hermit shell if you have an alternate bootloader present. Also having trouble getting audio working.

Have a Dsdt edit as follows:

Device (HDEF)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
            OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
            Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                DCKA,   1, 
                Offset (0x01), 
                DCKM,   1, 
                    ,   6, 
                DCKS,   1, 
                Offset (0x08), 
                Offset (0x09), 
                PMEE,   1, 
                    ,   6, 
                PMES,   1
            }
            Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))
            }
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (Package (0x08)
                    {
                        "codec-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x98, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
                        }, 
                        "layout-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x07, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 
                        "device-type", 
                        Buffer (0x12)
                        {
                            "Realtek ALC898"
                        }, 
                        "PinConfigurations", 
                        Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x00
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }
        }

And I have tried the included voodoohda kext in bios on and off. I have the ALC898 codec and not sure if its supported.

Have also tried installing modified AppleHDA kexts for ALC898. My board is the Gigabyte Z87X-UD5h on Yosemite 10.10.3.

Thanks for taking time to write back..

hey guys Few questions can ozmosis run with a intel g3258 cpu with a gigabyte motherboard z97m-ds3h 

I have not tried modding my bios file yet but have attached it 

thanks 

Hi, if you dont have a graphics card i guess you can't run any Osx version because your CPU has intel HD Graphics that it's not supported, i suggest you to try with classic mode, bootloader like clover or chameleon, if works, try with ozmosis editing OzmosisDefault.plist with the right data grabbed from working bootloader ( config.plist from clover or chameleon ) 

Hi, if you dont have a graphics card i guess you can't run any Osx version because your CPU has intel HD Graphics that it's not supported, i suggest you to try with classic mode, bootloader like clover or chameleon, if works, try with ozmosis editing OzmosisDefault.plist with the right data grabbed from working bootloader ( config.plist from clover or chameleon ) 

hello aigors thank you for your reply I have a nvidia card i wont be using the intel gfx, If i understand you recommend using clover to get the system working then try ozmosis, what kind of editing would the OzmosisDefault.plist  need 

Thanks

hello aigors thank you for your reply I have a nvidia card i wont be using the intel gfx, If i understand you recommend using clover to get the system working then try ozmosis, what kind of editing would the OzmosisDefault.plist  need 

Thanks

Hi, if you have Nvidia read README file into original QUO bios, you can know howto edit OzmosisDefault.plist according with your hardware.

basicaly you need a SMBIOS value that match your hardware and you need to tell to ozmosis that you have a Nvidia card, after installation ended you have to use nvidia Web-Driver to correct recognize your card with Yosemite, if you want to use Mavericks, you need only Ozmosis.plist editing and you can put it into ESP ( Efi System Partition) into Hard disk instead into bios 

OzmoisDefault.plist from quo bios content smbios values for  mac6,1 model, if it's' your first time in bios modding, try with default tools ( Ozmtools ) after you get right knowledge try to put DSDT and maybe SSDT builded with SSDTPrgen script from rehabMan but first you need a Osx up and Running

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Version</key>
	<string>1.0.1</string>
	<key>Timestamp</key>
	<integer>0</integer>
	<key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>
		<key>BiosDate</key>
		<string>02/29/08</string>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>MacPro3,1</string>
		<key>ProductFamily</key>
		<string>MacPro</string>
		<key>SystemVersion</key>
		<string>1.0</string>
		<key>SystemSerial</key>
		<string>CK84593EXYL</string>
		<key>ProductId</key>
		<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
		<key>BoardVersion</key>
		<string>Proto1</string>
		<key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
		<key>Manufacturer</key>
		<string>Apple Inc.</string>
		<key>ProcessorSerial</key>
		<string>CK0020DZE1D</string>
		<key>SystemSKU</key>
		<string>System SKU#</string>
		<key>BaseBoardAssetTag</key>
		<string>Base Board Asset Tag#</string>
		<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
		<string>Asset Tag#</string>
		<key>EnclosureType</key>
    <integer>7</integer>
		<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
		<integer>0x80001417</integer>
		<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
		<integer>0xC003ff37</integer>
		<key>FirmwareRevision</key>
		<integer>0x0001000A</integer>
		<key>FirmwareVendor</key>
		<string>Apple</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
  	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

This is an example of OzmosiDefault.plist as you can see you have to modify the part in which smbios values are defined.

Hi!

I'm trying to get my gtx960 working on my quo with HC3.1479.

Is the 960 compatible with the bios?

I've tried a few combinations of nvidia web graphic drivers and DisableNvidaInjection on and off.

The 960 is not reference design, does this matter?

Mine has 2 dvi, 1 hdm, 1 DP.

Ref has 1 dvi, 1 hdmi, 3DP.

It does not get detected in sys config like my old 5870 used to when I boot from the IGPU.

have you tried to insert Graphics entry in DSDT patching with Toleda or Pjalm DSDT patch? 

If you dont know howto, Google it's' your friend, basically you need MACIASL to extract DSDT form your bios, add patch repository to MACIASL and patch with real graphics entry 

Hi, if you have Nvidia read README file into original QUO bios, you can know howto edit OzmosisDefault.plist according with your hardware.

basicaly you need a SMBIOS value that match your hardware and you need to tell to ozmosis that you have a Nvidia card, after installation ended you have to use nvidia Web-Driver to correct recognize your card with Yosemite, if you want to use Mavericks, you need only Ozmosis.plist editing and you can put it into ESP ( Efi System Partition) into Hard disk instead into bios 

OzmoisDefault.plist from quo bios content smbios values for  mac6,1 model, if it's' your first time in bios modding, try with default tools ( Ozmtools ) after you get right knowledge try to put DSDT and maybe SSDT builded with SSDTPrgen script from rehabMan but first you need a Osx up and Running

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Version</key>
	<string>1.0.1</string>
	<key>Timestamp</key>
	<integer>0</integer>
	<key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>
		<key>BiosDate</key>
		<string>02/29/08</string>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>MacPro3,1</string>
		<key>ProductFamily</key>
		<string>MacPro</string>
		<key>SystemVersion</key>
		<string>1.0</string>
		<key>SystemSerial</key>
		<key>ProductId</key>
		<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
		<key>BoardVersion</key>
		<string>Proto1</string>
		<key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
		<key>Manufacturer</key>
		<string>Apple Inc.</string>
		<key>ProcessorSerial</key>
		<string>CK0020DZE1D</string>
		<key>SystemSKU</key>
		<string>System SKU#</string>
		<key>BaseBoardAssetTag</key>
		<string>Base Board Asset Tag#</string>
		<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
		<string>Asset Tag#</string>
		<key>EnclosureType</key>
    <integer>7</integer>
		<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
		<integer>0x80001417</integer>
		<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
		<integer>0xC003ff37</integer>
		<key>FirmwareRevision</key>
		<integer>0x0001000A</integer>
		<key>FirmwareVendor</key>
		<string>Apple</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
  	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

This is an example of OzmosiDefault.plist as you can see you have to modify the part in which smbios values are defined.

have you tried to insert Graphics entry in DSDT patching with Toleda or Pjalm DSDT patch? 

If you dont know howto, Google it's' your friend, basically you need MACIASL to extract DSDT form your bios, add patch repository to MACIASL and patch with real graphics entry 

I got it working in the pie 8x port but it won't work in the 16x, I've tried several times. No changes in bios or anywhere else.

I'd rather have it in the 16x, when it is in the 8x it blocks all the internal headers. Any ideas?

My 5870 works just fine in the 16x.

Hi,

I just wanted to share how I fixed my audio problem with Oz1479 on my Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H and ALC898 codec for anyone with similar hardware who might be having trouble. After a lot of trial and error I got it working by removing VoodooHDA from the bios as I read it only supports two codecs (892 and 1150 I think). I also added this dsdt edit:

Device (HDEF)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)  // _ADR: Address
            OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
            Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                DCKA,   1, 
                Offset (0x01), 
                DCKM,   1, 
                    ,   6, 
                DCKS,   1, 
                Offset (0x08), 
                Offset (0x09), 
                PMEE,   1, 
                    ,   6, 
                PMES,   1
            }

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
            {
                Return (Package (0x02)
                {
                    0x0D, 
                    0x05
                })
            }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                Store (Package (0x08)
                    {
                        "codec-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x98, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
                        }, 

"layout-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x82, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 

"device-type", 
                        Buffer (0x12)
                        {
                            "Realtek ALC898"
                        }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                        Buffer (Zero) {}
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }
        }

And lastly I installed the latest VoodooHDA kext from Insanelymac (2.87 I think). Not sure if the dsdt edit was necessary but I couldn't get it working with out it. Side note.. I also got a tip to removed an IRQ reference that causes audio stuttering. Post it when I find it..

Thanks.