• Similar Content

• By thomaspetersen
      Hi All

I'm trying to start a Hackintosh High Sierra 10.13.5 installation:
      - MSI B350 PC Mate
      - Ryzen 5 - 2600
      - Radeon Pro 580 GPU
      - 4 x 8GB DDR4
      (Have a working clover bootloader for HS 10.13.3 - but for some reason, I can't use that setup with the 10.13.5) 

Have tried different bootloader setup, with different outcomes...
      ATM. I get this error/hang - "Unknown CPU: family = 0x17, model = 0x8, Stepping = 0x2"
      Have search google, and can see that the threads ppl. are getting this, is when they look at "About this mac", I haven't yet installed the OSX.

So can someone help...

I'm running the newest Kexts: AppleALC, FakeSMC, Lilu, RealtekRTL8111, USBInjectAll and WhateverGreen.
      In Bootloader setup, i'm running: -v, -s, -f, -no_compat_check, busratio=34, PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000, dart=0 and nv_disable=1
      In SMBIOS i'm using the iMac18,2 and in RT i'm using BooterConfig: 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig: 0x67
      In installed drivers i'm using: AptioMemoryFix, EmuVariableUefi-64, OsxAptioFixDrv-64 (Have tried Fix2 as well)

But i'm, keep getting the Unknown CPU hang/error, can someone help...
      Or do someone have a setup with the same CPU and GPU, that can show me his/her setup for Bootloader/Kexts...
    • By Slice
      Now I want to add vector graphics support in Clover. See rev 4560 and later.
      It is not working yet but designers may begin to create Vector Themes.
      It supposed to consist of SVG elements and has design size. It will be rendered to any screen size scaled from design size.

What application in macOS can create SVG graphics?
      Inkscape is not working in macOS 10.11+. Pity.
      LibreOffice Draw works with SVG but buggy.
      Boxy SVG cost 10$ but looks good enough. It creates the best in simplicity files and have more then enough features.
      Illustrator is good but expensive.

How to improve SVG file?
      Clover has restricted support for SVG. It is your job to make compatible file and as small as possible to speedup rendering.
      Some helps:
      Help:Inkscape – From invalid to valid SVG Inkscape files
      From invalid to valid SVG Adobe Illustrator files
      From invalid to valid SVG files of other editors: BKchem, ChemDraw and CorelDRAW
      Help:Illustrator – Assistance with creating and saving SVG images in Adobe Illustrator that will pass W3C validation
      User:Quibik/Cleaning up SVG files manually
      Later I will write own instructions specific to Clover abilities.

How to create SVG fonts?
      You can google to find ready-to-use SVG fonts.  I found some problems with too beaty fonts: slow rendering and overflow crash. Be careful.
      You can get ttf or otf fonts and convert them into svg by using online WEB services. Not a problem to google.
      But then I want to find a way to simplify the font to reduce a size and speedup rendering.
      You can create own font by FontForge It is opensource and available for Windows, Mac and GNU+Linux. It creates otf font which you can convert to svg font.

Pictures from Badruzeus
      https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=301597
    • By apianti
      Just so you all know I actually have done something. I have pushed the source to both my github and to sourceforge, please commit to the experimental branch and I will merge it into the stable branch once it is safe. Also, nothing meaningful happens yet so don't get too excited. Only the Visual studio build works right now. I haven't set up the Xcode or Makefile builds yet, I'm trying to do them now.

https://github.com/apianti/Clover
      https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/Clover

IA32/X64/ARM/ARM64 testing ISO (6/7/2018): Clover-3.0-experimental.iso
    • By cvad
      Bootdisk Utility Make bootable USB Flash Disk for MAC OS X with Latest Clover bootloader revision fast and easy by one click! under OS Windows.
      Special utility from cvad & russian MAC community for new hackintosh users.

BDU_v2.1.2018.023b.zip
      MakeCloverBDUReadyZip.bat.zip
      Enjoy...

Feel free to "Rate File"
      Submitter cvad Submitted 04/28/2013 Category Bootloaders  
      BDU_v2.1.2015.016b.zip
      BDU_v2.1.2015.018b.zip
      BDU_v2.1.2016.019b.zip
      BDU_v2.1.2016.020b.zip
      BDU_v2.1.2017.021b.zip
      BDU_v2.1.2017.022b.zip
    • By Subirats345
      Hi guys! I'm new on Hackintosh and I have a little problem (I think it's little). Yesterday I made my first hackintosh on a Xiaomi Notebook Air. All went well, but after an update (from High Sierra to 10.13.4) after the first reboot, in the bootloader doesn't appear nothing. I tried with the USB with Clover but I only can reinstall the entire system, I can not boot the system. It has a solution or I need to reinstall all again?

Thanks a lot and sorry if the question is fool.