• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
itsonlygeorge

1201n Keyboard/Mouse problems

5 posts in this topic

I've been running 10.6.4 on my 1201n without any problems for over a year and suddenly the trackpad and keyboard started acting up. The mouse would only work sporadically, sometimes it would come back after opening the Trackpad preference pane. I cannot get the trackpad to work at all. 

The keyboard only works after putting the computer to sleep. 

I have tried running the Kext utility and I have reinstalled OSX 10.6.4 and I still have the same problem. I don't know if it's a hardware problem with the trackpad being worn out or if there is something I can do to fix it, but I need some help! 

I followed the install guide up to 10.6.4 since I have had problems with stability on 10.6.8 after upgrading. I am using the 4 GB DSDT. 

Well, i run 10.8.4 flawlessly on my OC'd 1201n. But i must confess i use a modded BIOS for AHCI support. No trackpad/keyboard issues. Follow this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/264740-asus-1201n-installation-and-support/page-44

All the best!

P.S.: but i must warn you: it seems indeed to be a hardware issue, so perhaps it's not worthy of your effort. How old is your netbook?

So I am looking at the ribbon cable for the track pad and the traces look rough and uneven like they were bunched up. I tried to flatten them but they look like they are a bit chewed up. I think that may be the root problem here. However, neither the left or right click buttons work either so I am worried that it is more serious. 

The keyboard seems to work intermittently, Sometimes it will work after boot, most times I have to put the computer to sleep first. I think it works in Safe mode without any sleep. 

It's a pretty old 1201n, revision 2.2 and I have had it for 2-3 years. I have upgraded the ram to 4 gb, installed an OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, and put in an Atheros Wifi card. The power adapter jack was loose at the beginning of the summer and I did reopen it to resolder the jack, and these problems started happening, first with the mouse, then with the keyboard as well. 

I am hoping that something is not fried or worn out... I really do like this little netbook and it has served me well.