Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:
The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create macOS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.
This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the macOS and Mac OS X installer apps, it is capable to create a bootable installer completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides to you simplicity and flexybility, and lets you to avoid most of the steps needed with every other app.
TINU allows you to create easily a bootable macOS installer without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is if you want to use it on a real Mac.
- Simple to use UI that allows you to easily start the bootable macOS installer creation process
- It can work with every macOS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside of its resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers)
- You can use any volume you want that can be erased and is at least 7 GB of size (if the volume's drive is not in GUID format, TINU will format it to make it GUID!)
- Works on Mac OS recovery, so you can create a bootable macOS installer from the macOS installer itself or from the macOS recovery, and you can use TINU to install macOS too.
- All vanilla, the bootable macOS installers created with this tool are 100% vanilla, just like you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in the terminal
- Open source, you will know what this program does on your computer and also you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code
- Does not require to do anything of special first, just open the program, and make sure you have a USB drive pulugged in and that you have a macOS installer app in the system.
- No need to go in disk utility first, TINU can format your drive/partition for you
- Uses recent and more modern APIs and SDKs and Swift 3 language
- Transparent graphics style available (use alt + s on the keyboard or View->Use transparent style)
- Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without needing for an update
- Advanced section, to customize your bootable macOS installer
Features that are planned for some future versions:
- Integrated EFI partition mounter tool (TINU can already mount EFI partitions from version 2.0, but a dedicated section which allows to mount every EFI partition in the system will be added)
- Install clover and configure clover
- Install kexts inside the kexts folder of clover
- Clover drivers customization
- Use custom dsdt in clover
- integrated pre-made clover config templates database from a remote and open repository
- Support for other languages, at least Italian
- A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer)
- A drive or a free partition (on a drive which already supports GUID) of at least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer
- A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive in your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media)
- You can download the pre-made and code signed binary from the releases section of the github repo: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases
- Or you can just build your own copy by just downloading the source code and then using Xcode (requires Xcode 8): https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU
Frequently asked questions:
Thread (english) on insanelymac.com:
Thread (italian) on insanelymac.com:
Thread (english-german) on hackintosh-forum.de:
Facebook hackintosh help and beta testing (Italian only):
Contact me (project creator):
- Insanelymac.com profile: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/user/1390153-itztravelintime/
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This software is under GNU GPL v3 license so any new branch/mod/third party release must be open source and under the same license
- I (project creator) assume no responsibility for any use of this app and this source code, and also for any kind of hardware and software damage to any computer and any device or peripheral that may come from this app or source code during it's use and outside it's usage
- I (project creator) do not guarantee support to you, this is only an open source project, not a product released by a company!
- This project is born only for educational and demonstrative purposes, it's not intended to be used for commercial purposes and it will never be, don't use source code from this project to create apps or software for that aim.
- This is a no-profit project, born only to let people to create macOS install medias in a more simple way and also to learn how to create this kind of apps.
- Apple for macos and installer apps and scripts
- People that helped me a lot:
Francesco Perchiazzi, Nicola Tomarelli, Roberto Sciortino, Raffaele Sonnessa, Ermanno Nicoletti, Tommaso Dimatore, Michele Vitiello Bonaventura, Massimiliano Faralli, Davide Dessì, Giorgio Dall'Aglio, Thomas Tempelmann, Peter Paul Chato.
- Special thanks to Italian Hackintosh group!! for help (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts)
- Pietro Caruso (ITzTravelInTime) for creating, maintaing and developing this project
I leave also some screenshots as well
So apple has presented a new and updated mac mini a few days ago, and the great news seems to be the use of desktop processors in it, in fact, all the specs seems to match a typical desktop socket 1151 v2 coffeelake system without a dedicated gpu, so i am wondering if the smbios of this machine could be our new smbios of preference for coffeelake desktop machines. So i have created this new topic to discuss about it. Of course we will have to wait to do tests using the first public version of mac os which integrates this smbios, because when every new mac is released it's smbios is available initialy just in a purpose made mac os build and then it's added for all the os builds in the following releases.
So what do you think about the possibility of using this new smbios for desktop coffeelake machines instead of the imac 18.3/18.2 ones?
Hello. My hardware is:
AMD Athlon X2 7750 dual-core
Gigabyte NVIDIA 8400GS 512MB ( [VGA] ,HDMI,DVI)
Motherboard Gigabyte based on NFORCE without AHCI support (only IDE)
I have successfully installed Mac OS Yosemite, Mavericks and El Capitan with AppleNFORCEATA.kext
But I can't use it with Mac OS 10.8, don't know why, it just gives error and my internal HDD's are not appearing in Disk Utility.
Hey guys, I have a ridiculously convoluted issue. Take a seat.
I am trying to use Logic Pro X on a 2012 Mac Mini I have, but I currently have Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8, and will need to update to Sierra 10.12. However, I realize I need to update to a newer OS such as El Capitan in order to be able to update to Sierra. Except I cannot sign into the App Store. I am greeted with an error message along the lines of "this computer or device cannot be verified." So I did some digging and it seems to be because my Ethernet port and Wifi don't work. I use a USB Wifi adapter to get around this but now it seems like I finally have to fix it for good so I can get into the App Store to get these updates I need.
In System Preferences > Network, I do not see Ethernet or Wifi listed. Only my USB Wifi Adapter and Firewire. In System Profiler > Hardware > Ethernet Cards, it says, "This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed."
I'm pulling my hair out over here to get Logic Pro X on this computer, that's all that I really want, and that's all I want this computer to do. If you can help, God bless your soul.