Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abcdefghijklmnop12345

Can't boot off HDD boot-loader, strange text appears

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I just installed iAtkos ML3 (ML 10.8.3) onto my desktop and got it working fine once it's booted. The problem is booting.

Using the USB stick I used to install iAtkos, I can use whatever bootloader came with the iAtkos USB stick to boot, and everything works fine (except sleep mode, but I doubt that's relevant).

When I try and boot from the bootloader on the HDD I installed OSX on, however, I get this text when trying to boot...

936b808682525a602ef6e1751d855025f1cfdf68

I've tried installing other boot loaders to no avail, exactly the same thing each time :(

Any ideas for a fix?

All replies are greatly appreciated! :)

Cheers,

Luke

Advertisement

Sorry, the picture you posted is broken for me... Is it the boot0 error? If so it's because it's a 4kb sector hard drive. http://myhack.sojugarden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=275

Thanks for the response! :)

Could be, but it doesn't say error anywhere. It says:

"Boot0: GPT

Boot0: Test

Boot0: Test

Boot0: Done" 

which I assume means there were no errors, and then after that there's a bunch of random text.

I'll re-upload the image :) http://i.imgur.com/YinLifL.png

YinLifL.png

EDIT - Oh, and I doubt it's the HDD because the HDD I installed it to is one I salvaged from my old iMac, and formatted in the disk tool in the OSX installer.

Yeah that's the error I was referring to. Basically this happens with newer "advanced format" aka 4k sector hard drives, which a lot of newer drives are. I've had the same problem with a lot of drives. Chameleon doesn't handle them properly so you have to manually write boot1h to do drive and specify a 4k block sector. So you have a few options:1. Follow the instructions in the link to manually write boot1h to the drive2. Use clover bootloader instead of chameleonOr 3. I'm pretty sure MyFix included in MyHack has an automatic fix for this.

Edit: sorry Luke, I assumed you had the same error because of the boot0 thing, but since it doesn't actually say error I believe you're right and it's a different problem. Can you post your specs?

Edit 2: This looks like the solution to your problem: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285599-chameleon-stuck-at-boot0done-with-hd-7770-on-1083/ otherwise try putting your graphics card into a different slot or if you have integrated graphics try setting them as primary. I Googled boot0: done scrambled text and found several different links referring to your exact issue. All of them were with an ati 7xxx card.

Yeah that's the error I was referring to. Basically this happens with newer "advanced format" aka 4k sector hard drives, which a lot of newer drives are. I've had the same problem with a lot of drives. Chameleon doesn't handle them properly so you have to manually write boot1h to do drive and specify a 4k block sector. So you have a few options:1. Follow the instructions in the link to manually write boot1h to the drive2. Use clover bootloader instead of chameleonOr 3. I'm pretty sure MyFix included in MyHack has an automatic fix for this.

Edit: sorry Luke, I assumed you had the same error because of the boot0 thing, but since it doesn't actually say error I believe you're right and it's a different problem. Can you post your specs?

Edit 2: This looks like the solution to your problem: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285599-chameleon-stuck-at-boot0done-with-hd-7770-on-1083/ otherwise try putting your graphics card into a different slot or if you have integrated graphics try setting them as primary. I Googled boot0: done scrambled text and found several different links referring to your exact issue. All of them were with an ati 7xxx card.

Sure, I'm using a 3570K @ stock, 8GB of Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600Mhz, a Sapphire 7970 Vapor X, and a GIGABYTE Z77-D3H. It all worked flawlessly with 10.8.2 :)

Than you very much for the link, looks like a jackpot, will try now! :)

Cheers,

Luke

Sorry it took me so long to reply, by the way :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By marianopela
      Hi, I'm an Hackintosh user on my HP ProDesk and I'd like to try getting Mojave on my HP 250 G6
      Could anybody help me with the EFI folder?

Thanks in advance
    • By Donk
      Here is a new utility to patch the EFI firmware in VMware Workstation and Fusion to allow the non-server versions of Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and 10.6 (Snow Leopard) to run. Yoiu will need macOS unlocker 3 if you are using Workstation on non-Apple hardware. I still have to find a way to do this on ESXi as the UEFIPatch utility will not run in the ESXi console.
      This currently supports:

Workstation 11/12/14/15 on Windows and Linux Workstation Player 7/12/14/15 on Windows and Linux Fusion 10/11 on macOS  
      https://github.com/DrDonk/efi-unlocker/releases/download/1.0.0/efi-unlocker100.zip
      https://github.com/DrDonk/efi-unlocker

Please read the readme.txt file for details.
      readme.txt
    • By DarkHarthur
      DH67CL
      R7 250
      2 discos duros
      En el 1: Windows 10 y una partición de datos
      En el 2: High Sierra y una particion de datos

Hola, mi problema es el siguiente Clover ya no me muestra EFI Windows; Tenia todo funcionando bien con High Sierra 10.13.6, quise actualizar a Mojave y como tuve muchos problemas decidí volver a High Sierra con el disco duro USB en el que había hecho una copia con Carbon Copy;
      La situacion es algo así, en la carpeta EFI si dejo la carpeta Microsoft, al encender la PC entra directo a Windows, si elimino la carpeta Microsoft si entra con Clover pero no aparece la entrada EFI Windows, ya active legacy en Clover Configurator pero solo me aparecen otras entradas de Windows pero no EFI, todo esto desde el disco duro supuestamente restaurado a como lo tenia antes.
      Si entro con el disco duro USB que tiene la copia que había hecho, me aparecen todas las opciones.
      Si conecto un pendrive tampoco me aparece la opción EFI Windows. 
      Probablemente paso después de desconectar el disco duro de Windows, pero recuerdo que me seguía apareciendo EFI Windows después de haberlo desconectado. Saludos
    • By Micky1979
      ESP Mounter Pro is a new top bar application to manage your EFI System Partition(s). You can mount or umount any ESP you have on any disk you have directly from its popover window.

**ESP Mounter Pro v1.9.1 / Require 10.9 +, works good in Mojave!** http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6516  
      NEW: since v1.4 can mount/umount all partitions you have, for example each Recovery HD partitions you have also!!

This app use advanced APIs to perform all operations and no AppleScript or scripts are used: only code!

New: Dark Mode support (automatic switching):

Retina Display Support!

Require 10.9 +, works good in macOS Sierra!

//
      // Created by Micky1979 on 15/06/16.
      // Copyright © 2016 Micky1979 & InsanelyMac. All rights reserved.
      //

app icon by Mirone (thanks)

Does not show an EFI Partition if your disk is not GPT (or if smaller than 1GB). Cannot mount it if corrupted!.
    • By Slice
      Now I want to add vector graphics support in Clover. See rev 4560 and later.
      It is not working yet but designers may begin to create Vector Themes.
      It supposed to consist of SVG elements and has design size. It will be rendered to any screen size scaled from design size.

What application in macOS can create SVG graphics?
      Inkscape is not working in macOS 10.11+. Pity.
      LibreOffice Draw works with SVG but buggy.
      Boxy SVG cost 10$ but looks good enough. It creates the best in simplicity files and have more then enough features.
      Illustrator is good but expensive.

How to improve SVG file?
      Clover has restricted support for SVG. It is your job to make compatible file and as small as possible to speedup rendering.
      Some helps:
      Help:Inkscape – From invalid to valid SVG Inkscape files
      From invalid to valid SVG Adobe Illustrator files
      From invalid to valid SVG files of other editors: BKchem, ChemDraw and CorelDRAW
      Help:Illustrator – Assistance with creating and saving SVG images in Adobe Illustrator that will pass W3C validation
      User:Quibik/Cleaning up SVG files manually
      Later I will write own instructions specific to Clover abilities.

How to create SVG fonts?
      You can google to find ready-to-use SVG fonts.  I found some problems with too beaty fonts: slow rendering and overflow crash. Be careful.
      You can get ttf or otf fonts and convert them into svg by using online WEB services. Not a problem to google.
      But then I want to find a way to simplify the font to reduce a size and speedup rendering.
      You can create own font by FontForge It is opensource and available for Windows, Mac and GNU+Linux. It creates otf font which you can convert to svg font.

Pictures from Badruzeus
      https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=301597