Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abcdefghijklmnop12345

Can't boot off HDD boot-loader, strange text appears

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I just installed iAtkos ML3 (ML 10.8.3) onto my desktop and got it working fine once it's booted. The problem is booting.

Using the USB stick I used to install iAtkos, I can use whatever bootloader came with the iAtkos USB stick to boot, and everything works fine (except sleep mode, but I doubt that's relevant).

When I try and boot from the bootloader on the HDD I installed OSX on, however, I get this text when trying to boot...

936b808682525a602ef6e1751d855025f1cfdf68

I've tried installing other boot loaders to no avail, exactly the same thing each time :(

Any ideas for a fix?

All replies are greatly appreciated! :)

Cheers,

Luke

Advertisement

Sorry, the picture you posted is broken for me... Is it the boot0 error? If so it's because it's a 4kb sector hard drive. http://myhack.sojugarden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=275

Thanks for the response! :)

Could be, but it doesn't say error anywhere. It says:

"Boot0: GPT

Boot0: Test

Boot0: Test

Boot0: Done" 

which I assume means there were no errors, and then after that there's a bunch of random text.

I'll re-upload the image :) http://i.imgur.com/YinLifL.png

YinLifL.png

EDIT - Oh, and I doubt it's the HDD because the HDD I installed it to is one I salvaged from my old iMac, and formatted in the disk tool in the OSX installer.

Yeah that's the error I was referring to. Basically this happens with newer "advanced format" aka 4k sector hard drives, which a lot of newer drives are. I've had the same problem with a lot of drives. Chameleon doesn't handle them properly so you have to manually write boot1h to do drive and specify a 4k block sector. So you have a few options:1. Follow the instructions in the link to manually write boot1h to the drive2. Use clover bootloader instead of chameleonOr 3. I'm pretty sure MyFix included in MyHack has an automatic fix for this.

Edit: sorry Luke, I assumed you had the same error because of the boot0 thing, but since it doesn't actually say error I believe you're right and it's a different problem. Can you post your specs?

Edit 2: This looks like the solution to your problem: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285599-chameleon-stuck-at-boot0done-with-hd-7770-on-1083/ otherwise try putting your graphics card into a different slot or if you have integrated graphics try setting them as primary. I Googled boot0: done scrambled text and found several different links referring to your exact issue. All of them were with an ati 7xxx card.

Yeah that's the error I was referring to. Basically this happens with newer "advanced format" aka 4k sector hard drives, which a lot of newer drives are. I've had the same problem with a lot of drives. Chameleon doesn't handle them properly so you have to manually write boot1h to do drive and specify a 4k block sector. So you have a few options:1. Follow the instructions in the link to manually write boot1h to the drive2. Use clover bootloader instead of chameleonOr 3. I'm pretty sure MyFix included in MyHack has an automatic fix for this.

Edit: sorry Luke, I assumed you had the same error because of the boot0 thing, but since it doesn't actually say error I believe you're right and it's a different problem. Can you post your specs?

Edit 2: This looks like the solution to your problem: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285599-chameleon-stuck-at-boot0done-with-hd-7770-on-1083/ otherwise try putting your graphics card into a different slot or if you have integrated graphics try setting them as primary. I Googled boot0: done scrambled text and found several different links referring to your exact issue. All of them were with an ati 7xxx card.

Sure, I'm using a 3570K @ stock, 8GB of Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600Mhz, a Sapphire 7970 Vapor X, and a GIGABYTE Z77-D3H. It all worked flawlessly with 10.8.2 :)

Than you very much for the link, looks like a jackpot, will try now! :)

Cheers,

Luke

Sorry it took me so long to reply, by the way :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ErmaC
      Slice is glad to present a new EFI bootloader.

CLOVER
      Now version 2 rEFIt based.

It is open source based on different projects: Chameleon, rEFIt, XNU, VirtualBox. The main is EDK2 latest revision.
      I also want to thank all who help Slice with the development. Credits and copyrights remain in the sources.
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/?source=directory
      There is a WIKI 
      http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/
      Main features:

If you have a question please provide outputs from DarwinDumper (formed from Trauma tool). Thanks Trauma!
      Continued by blackosx and STLVNUB.
      Post#2 CloverGrower - create Clover by yourself Post#3 Downloads Post#4 Installation of the bootloader Post#5 How to do UEFI boot Post#6 How to use - common words Post#7 Calculator for Automatic DSDT fix Post#8 Instructions for GraphicsInjector Post#9 ATIConnector patching Post#10 Any kexts patching with some Samples Post#11 CustomEDID Post#12 Hiding unnecessary menu entries Post#13 Instruction for DSDT corrections to do DeviceInjection works Post#14 Development Post#15 Themes Post#16 About kexts injection Post#17 Instructions for P- and C-states generator Post#18 Patching DSDT to get Sleep working Post#19 CPU settings and geekbench Post#20 ACPI tables loading Post#21 DSDTmini Post#22 Custom SMBios Post#23 F.A.Q. Post#24 iCloudFix Post#25 Using mouse. Post#26 How to make orange icons to be metallic Post#27 How to make software RAID (by Magnifico) Post#28 How to modify InstallESD.dmg (by shiecldk) Post#29 Config.plist settings Post#30 Using extra kexts and skipping kernelcache Post#31 Choosing EFI drivers Post#32 Configuration files Post#33 Automatic config.plist creating Post#34 Custom DSDT patches Post#35 How to do sleep/wake working with UEFI BOOT Post#36 DeviceID substitution (FakeID) Post#37 Using Custom OS Icons Post#38 Hibernation Post#39 Floating regions Post#41 Property List Editor Post#42 Blocking Bad Kext Post#43 AAPL,slot-name Post#44 FakeCPUID for unsupported CPU Post#45 Multiple Boot Options - to write into UEFI BIOS boot menu Post#46 How to install Windows UEFI Post#47 How to speedup Clover boot Post#48 Info.plist patching Post#49 Arbitrary device injection Post#50 Non-Standard Legacy Boot Files Post#51 Reboot to Windows UEFI from Mac OSX Post#52 Deprecated Features Post#53 Using UDK2018 Post#54 Device Properties -----------------

Slice:
      I edited all posts in the thread to correspond to actual Clover revision.
      Please install Clover at least 2652 and use new instructions.
    • By frankiee
      Hi there, time for my first guide after asking so many things

Updated for newer Clover versions and with additional instructions for more apps: gdisk and RU.

So what may be overlooked sometimes in the whole boot loader discussion is the ability of UEFI to do more than just loading an OS. This is why I see ".efi" files as "apps" because in fact they just are, built on a special kind of API: UEFI. So, you can actually do stuff like editing, diagnosing, testing certain stuff at the lowest possible system level without booting to any OS.

DISCLAIMER: Use this guide at your own risk! For educational purposes only! Should do not any harm, but remember you are dealing with rather low level stuff. But at least for me everything went flawless.

Prerequisites:
      Working clover installation Clover Configurator or some app to edit the config.plist  
      1) Memtest

This is how to install the UEFI version of Memtest with Clover:
      Download memtest, I used this link: Image for creating boot-able USB Drive Open the archive by double clicking on it. Mount the file memtest86-usb.img within by double clicking again. Now, you should see a folder named EFI in this volume, containing a folder BOOT. Open it. The files containing it are the actual app, in 32 and 64 bit versions. Think in almost all cases we want to use the 64 bit version. Now, mount your EFI partition, using Clover configurator. Create a folder named MemTest86 in the EFI folder on your main drive. Copy all files in the EFI/BOOT folder from the mounted image to your newly created folder. That ends the basic setup! Now, we add the correct Menu entry to the clover boot menu, so that we can actually start this app.

Get into clover configurator, open your standard config.plist from your boot drive and go to the GUI section. Under "Custom Entries", add an entry like this:

Please note while the path you enter is not case sensitive, you must make sure you use the backslash "\" for entering paths, and not a slash. So basically what we do is tell clover where it can find the app, give it a name, and tell clover it is a "Windows" app. Note: with older Clover versions we had to set this to "Linux", but for now "Windows" is the setting that works.

If you prefer to do a manual config, add this entry to your config.plist, under GUI/Custom/Entries:
      <dict> <key>CustomLogo</key> <true/> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>FullTitle</key> <string>MemTest86</string> <key>Hidden</key> <false/> <key>Ignore</key> <false/> <key>Image</key> <string>\EFI\CLOVER\themes\Icons\os_mint.png</string> <key>Path</key> <string>\EFI\MemTest86\BOOTX64.efi</string> <key>Type</key> <string>Windows</string> <key>VolumeType</key> <string>Internal</string> </dict> Now, save and reboot and you should see the newly created entry. Note that I also used a custom Icon - this is optional - in case you don't you will just see a generic windows icon instead:

And this is how it looks like:

PS: also noticeably faster and you get also more features with this version than with the older version, for example it does now write a log file. For more Information, see: http://www.passmark.com/forum/showthread.php?4315-Memtest86-Version-5-Beta-%28Pure-UEFI%29

2) gdisk

Another app you can use is the UEFI version of gdisk (aka GPT fdisk), which you can use to edit and change your partitions.

Warning! Install and use this app at your own risk! If you do something wrong here you might nuke your drive(s), so only use that if you know what you are doing.

This is how to do it (even easier):
      Download here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gptfdisk/files/gptfdisk/1.0.1/gdisk-binaries/gdisk-efi-1.0.1.zip/download Mount your EFI partition Unzip the file and copy the resulting folder to your EFI Folder, so your path goes like this "/Volumes/EFI/EFI/gdisk-efi" Get into clover configurator, open your standard config.plist from your boot drive and go to the GUI section. Add an entry like this:  
      If you prefer to do a manual config, add this entry to your config.plist, under GUI/Custom/Entries:
      <dict> <key>CustomLogo</key> <false/> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>FullTitle</key> <string>GDisk</string> <key>Hidden</key> <false/> <key>Ignore</key> <false/> <key>Image</key> <string></string> <key>Path</key> <string>\EFI\gdisk-efi\gdisk_x64.efi</string> <key>Type</key> <string>Windows</string> <key>VolumeType</key> <string>Internal</string> </dict> When everything went OK you should see this after selecting the respective entry in Clover:

3) RU

I recently found one more app that might be interesting to some, and thats "Read Universal" or in short "RU". This is a tool that enables you to debug your BIOS and read (and modify!) every imaginable data, including UEFI variables, ACPI Tables etc.

Warning, again! I think blindly messing around with this app is even more dangerous, but on the other hand it gives you access to a lot of potentially interesting stuff.
      Download here: http://ruexe.blogspot.de/ The next steps are basically the same as above so make a folder in your EFI partition, copy the .EFI files and make another custom entry in your config.plist Here are some screens:

So this is what you also can do with UEFI and clover. I am curious which other useful applications might exist!

Anybody who knows, maybe post it here?
    • By Soeren_DK
      Hi there.
      I'm new to this site but not totally new to hack. I've had a hack since 10.4 and the latest version I ran was 10.9, not totally fixed but it worked to what I needed. Now I want to make the machine run as good as it can. I can see there has been a lot of changes/upgrades/new solutions since I installed my hack and I have a hard time to catch up.  
      I've been able to boot and install macOSX and now I need the POST installation.
      I tried to install the clover EFI boot loader with these settings:

and found the DSDT.aml and SSDT-0.aml from HERE
      found the apfs.efi
      and placed it in EFI -> EFI -> CLOVER -> driver64
      and these kext in here:

But when I boot it up this is the first bootscreen I have. No partions, no mouse control, no nothing.

if I exit clover this screen appear.

and now everything works. 

What is wrong?
      Cheers
      Soren
    • By glasgood
      GLASGOOD'S

HIGH SIERRA GUIDE 

For 

ASUS  STRIX Z370-G ROG
      ( Micro-ATX )

** UPDATE  5th Jan 2018  /  Clover v2.4k r4359 **

POST INSTALL Z370-G EFI FOLDER

POST INSTALL EFI NVIDIA >> POST-INSTALL-NVIDIA.zip
      POST INSTALL EFI INTEL  >> POST-INSTALL-EFI-INTEL.zip

Great YouTube Hackintosh Installation Guide from >> Roberto Jorge <<  based on this post.

PART LIST

Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC) ( Micro ATX )  i7 8700 3.2GHz  Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz (PC4-19200) C14 Memory Kit - Black  Samsung Evo 960 250GB NVMe SSD  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti (or a GTX 1050 / 1060 / 1070 will work  ) ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI with Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express  BitFenix Phenom – Tower – micro ATX  Noctua NH-L9x65 - NH-L9x65 Low Profile Performance CPU Cooler  EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3, 80 Plus Gold 750W  Corsair UK K65 Rapidfire Cherry MX Speed Performance Multi-Colour RGB Backlit 10 Keyless  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  Dell UltraSharp U2717D (2560x1440DP) IPS LED 27-Inch Infinity Edge  

WORKING

Wi-Fi ( Onboard WiFi card was replaced, see components list above )   Bluetooth Ethernet Port Sound --> Nvidia HDMI Audio and Realtek Audio NVMe 960 EVO / Trim Nvidia GTX 1080ti i7-8700 ( six-physical cores and 6 virtual - HT ) Intel UHD630 (configured with DisplayPort attached to Asus board) 8. Sleep Power Management and P-States         USB 3.0 USB 2.0 HandOff AirDrop iMessages iCloud Hardware Acceleration AirPlay iBooks Personal Hotspot  

More:

BENCHMARKS

GUIDE

BIOS SETTINGS:

F2 to enter BIOS on Asus Z370 Strix 2 - Switch to Advanced Mode F7  

Some of the settings already preset, ensure you have the following BIOS settings:
      Exit → Load Optimized Defaults : Yes Advanced \ System Agent(SA) Configuration → Vt-d : Disabled Advanced \ PCH Configuration → IOAPIC 24-119 Entries : Enabled Advanced \ APM Configuration → Power On By PCI-E/PCI : Disabled Advanced \ Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack : Disabled Advanced \ USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support : Auto ( needs to be auto for SSDT-UIAC.aml to work ) Boot → Fast Boot : Disabled Boot → Secure Boot → OS Type : Other OS Boot → CSM : Disabled ( Only enable if using dual monitor setup) Ai Tweaker → Asus MultiCore Enhancement: Disable ( but only if you have intel stock CPU cooler ! )  
      See spoiler for BIOS Screenshots.

DEDICATED GRAPHICS (NVIDIA):
      Advanced \ System Agent(SA) Configuration → Primary Display : Auto Advanced \ System Agent(SA) Configuration → iGPU Multi-Monitor : Enabled OR

INTEL UHD 630 GRAPHICS:
      Integrated Graphics : Enabled iGPU MultiMonitor : Enabled DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128Mb 4. Primary Display : Auto  

MAKE USB INSTALLER FOR macOS HIGH SIERRA :

When running the installer the memory modules must be inserted in motherboard slots A1 and A2, otherwise you will be unable to run the installer.

Download High Sierra from the Apple App Store  
      Prepare USB Flash Storage Pen

Insert USB Storage Launchpad / Other → Disk Utility Choose your Flash Storage Pen from left panel Click Erase Settings: Name: USB Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) Scheme: GUID Partition Map Click Erase

Create  macOS High Sierra Installer

Launchpad / Other → Teminal Copy and Paste into Terminal:  sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app  --volume /Volumes/USB/ Press: Enter Enter password: Type: Y Press: Enter Done!   

You have now created the macOS High Sierra Installer. In order to boot and install macOS onto your computer the installer requires the Clover boot loader from Clover team.

The Clover boot loader contains, a configuration file ( config.plist) and kernal extensions (kexts), the config.plist and kexts are specific for each Hackintosh desktop / laptop computer build. Clover boot loader also has many other files and folders. 

I have already prepared a USB drive using the Clover installer  and made edits to config.plist for this build, you can download and copy over my EFI  Folder and skip steps in Spoiler below,  then paste the downloaded EFI folder in the hidden USB EFI / ESP partition on your High Sierra USB installer drive. 

See the spoiler, using Clover installer to make High Sierra USB installer bootable.

View the hidden macOS High Sierra Installer's EFI/ESP partition 

Open Terminal Copy and Paste into Terminal:  diskutil list Enter

Mount the USB EFI / ESP Partition onto the Desktop

Again, from Terminal. Copy and Paste into Terminal: 
        diskutil mount disk3s1 ** Identify your EFI partition from diskutil list command, in the example image above my external  USB EFI is listed as disk3s, yours maybe different ** 3.  Enter.

The hidden EFI / ESP partition is now mounted on your desktop.

Copy EFI Folder to USB EFI / ESP Partition
      ( Don't use the post install EFI folder at top of page, use post install EFI only after macOS High Sierra is installed ) 

1.   Download the PRE INSTALL  EFI Folder here >> EFI.zip

2.  Drag & Drop or Copy & Paste downloaded EFI folder into the mounted USB EFI / ESP partition.

The bootable USB installer for macOS High Sierra is ready to use!

INSTALL macOS HIGH SIERRA

Insert  the macOS High Sierra USB Installer into computer USB port. Start PC and immediately press keyboard F8. From Asus Boot Menu, choose your USB thumb drive.

4.  Clover boot menu 
          5.  Choose - Boot OS X install from Install macOS High Sierra..

Later in the guide, I will explain how to remove the extra entries on the boot menu, so you would have just High Sierra Icon and / or Windows. The extra entries are removed in config.plist in the uploaded EFI / Clover folder that I have provided.

6.  Wait few mins!

7.  Choose Languge

8.  Select Disk Utility

9.  From Disk Utility Menu --> View / Show All Devices

10.  If Samsung 960 EVO drive is not visible in Disk Utility, follow these steps inside spoiler below. 

11.  Erase, disk. Give Name / Format: Mac OS Extended ( Journaled) / Scheme: GUID Partition Map

12.  Partition, Format: APFS and apply 

13.  From macOS Utilities screen select Install macOS

14.  Continue 

15.  Agree

16.  Select Drive Macintosh or whatever you named it.

17.  macOS is now installing

18.  Wait...

19.  Success !

POST INSTALLATION

So far, you are using the macOS High Sierra USB installer to boot High Sierra. The USB installer EFI /ESP partition contains the downloaded EFI / Clover folder allowing you to boot to High Sierra desktop.  So at this moment you can only boot High Sierra with the help of Clover on the USB installers hidden EFI / ESP partition.  Next, steps is to make High Sierra boot without the need of the USB installer.

Copy POST EFI folder to your High Sierra EFI / ESP Partition on your drive

When you created the USB High Sierra installer, you mounted the EFI / ESP partition and copied over the EFI folder that I provided for the Asus  Z370-G.

Next, mount the hidden EFI/ESP partition on your High Sierra system drive.

Then copy the >> or POST EFI folder to your macOS High Sierra system drive . To do this, follow steps below.

1.  Identify discs to Mount with Terminal command:
      diskutil list

** Your disk IDENTIFIER may be different, the images are examples from my system **
          2.   Terminal command below to Mount macOS EFI/ESP partition:
      diskutil mount disk0s1     3.   System drive, EFI / ESP partition is mounted on desktop

4.   Drag & Drop OR Copy & Paste EFI / ESP folder from EFI - POST-INSTALL   over to EFI / ESP drive partition:

5.   Done!

You can now boot and use macOS High Sierra on your computer without the need for the USB device 
      Mostly everything should now be working if you used the same hardware that I listed in parts.

In the rest of this guide will explain some basic troubleshooting steps, how install NVIDIA web drivers, how sound was installed.. etc.

STEPS TO EDIT CLOVER CONFIG.PLIST

1.   You need to mount the EFI / ESP partition to edit the Clover config.plist.

Previously, the guide used teminal commands diskutil list and diskutil mount to mount hidden EFI/ESP partitions.
      This guide will now use an app to mount the EFI / ESP partition.

Download @Micky1979 >>ESP Mounter Pro on InsanelyMac and use it to mount the EFI / ESP partitions so that you can view, make edits to config.plist, add extra kexts if needed etc.

A quick peak at the EFI / Clover contents, highlighting most common files and folders.

2.   Download >> Clover Configurator  from mackie100, it is used to edit and make changes to config.plist.     

Open mounted EFI partition, navigate to EFI / Clover, make a copy of config.plist and rename it config.BAK.
      Then drag and drop conf.plist onto desktop. Make changes, save and drag & drop back inside EFI partition.

Clover Configurator default screen, always save before quitting Clover Configurator!

Some people will be very familiar with how to find and configure config.plist, I'm listing this guide with extra steps for those new to Hackintosh.

BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING TIP

You might make changes to config.plist with Clover Configurator or add kexts and then discover that you can no longer reach High Sierra desktop or boot.

The USB installer can be used to boot your Hackintosh ( I mentioned it was a handy troubleshooting tool ). The USB installers Clover boot loader can boot your computer to the High Sierra desktop. You can then mount the EFI/ESP partition and undo config.plist  edits or delete last added kexts that have prevented you from booting to your High Sierra Desktop or just replace the whole EFI folder on your computer with the EFI folder from the USB installer.

If the above troubleshooting was unsuccessful and you still can't boot your Hackintosh.

From the Clover boot  screen, enter Clover options:

Select Boot macOS from Macintosh  Then press spacebar Check: Verobse (-v) Return Enter  
      The Verbose (-v) option will point to where in the startup process your Hackintosh stops, it's also worth checking BIOS settings before starting any troubleshooting. 

You can then search in the InsaneleyMac forums for a solution, or ask other members. 

HOW TO DISABLE / ENABLE SIP

Sometimes when troubleshooting or installing kexts, you may have to disable Apple System Integrity Protection ( SIP ). 

To disable or enable SIP, mount the EFI / ESP partiton using ESP Mounter Pro or Terminal then edit config.plist with the Clover Configurator.

Example: Disable SIP in Clover Configurator:

Rt Variables / CsrActiveConfig --> Enter: 0x67  Partially disable: Rt Variables / CsrActiveConfig --> Enter: 0x3 ( Clover Default )  Enable: Rt Variables / CsrActiveConfig --> Enter: 0x0  

TIDY CLOVER BOOT SCREEN

Clover adds extra MacOS and Windows entries on the Clover boot menu. Below is what my Clover menu initially looked like after installing Mac OS High Sierra and adding a Windows drive to my build.

The High Sierra Clover theme is from >> hirakujira

I wanted the Clover boot menu to just show Mac OS High Sierra and Windows.

Remove extra entries using Clover Configurator

Add the Preboot string to config.plist    ( Removes Apple Preboot entries ) Add theRecovery string to config.plist   ( Removes the Mac OS High Sierra recovery option ) Set Scan / Legacy checkbox to false in config.plist   ( Removes the extra Windows entries )  

After applying the settings in Clover Configurator, save and reboot.

Minimalist Clover boot screen. 

MULTIBOOT WITH WINDOWS

Temporarily disconnect / remove your High Sierra Drive from your Hackintosh Computer. Install a 2nd drive inside the computer then install Windows on it. Reattach your High Sierra Drive. Clover will detect your Windows and High Sierra drive when you start your computer.  

I already had Windows 10 as an EFI install on a Samsung 500GB EVO SSD on another computer. After completing my Hackintosh I then simply attached the Samsung EVO SSD into the new built Hackintosh. Upon rebooting it was detected by Clover. So I have two drives, Windows on the Samsung EVO and High Sierra on the NVMe Samsung EVO 960.

NVIDIA / WEB DRIVERS

*** There is many Nvidia Web Drivers for different builds / updates of macOS High Sierra ***

Some times you may have to reinstall or update your Nvidia web drivers after a macOS update.

To install the proper Nvidia Web driver ( for GTX10 Series ),  collect the following information from your macOS High Sierra installation.

You can find this information in "About This Mac" and clicking on the System Report button. In the lefthand window, click on Software.

macOS High Sierra Version Number macOS High Sierra Build Number

Using this >> Nvidia Web Drivers Link. identify your build number and download WebDriver  As an example, I have build number 17C88 and I downloaded WebDriver-378.10.10.25.102.pkg. 

Configure Nvidia Web driver in config.plist using Clover Configurator

Mount EFI partition and drag and drop config.plist onto desktop and open with Clover Configurator. 
      Enable the following in config.plist:

1.  System Parameters / NvidiaWeb = True ( tick )

2.  Graphics / ig-platform-id = 0x59120003 ( Intel & Nvidia )
           3.  Graphics / Inject Intel = True ( tick )

Save config.plist and drag and drop back into the EFI partition.

Check Nvidia Video card is working

Download and Install >> Cuda driver 

Managing Nvidia Web Driver for High Sierra update's using Vulgo's Bash Script

If you have installed an update that breaks Nvidia graphics, use the bash script to modify the Nvidia Web Driver for the new build number. 

Download >> webdriver.sh

Run script: 

INTEL UHD 630 GRAPHICS

Configured with display cable connected to DisplayPort
      Download >> IntelGraphicsFixup ( from lvs1974 ) Copy IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to: EFI/Clover/kexts/Other Next add the iGPU DSDT patch:
      Using Clover Configurator, open config.plist Select Acpi on left hand menu. Create a new patch, click + on bottom of patches table.  Enter Comment as: change GFX0 to IGPU Enter Find *[HEX] 47465830 Enter Replace *[HEX] 49475055

Then add:

Select Graphics in Clover Configurator and tick inject Intel Graphics / ig-platform-id = 0x59120000 ( for Intel only and no NVIDIA )

SOUND REALTEK ALCS1220A 

Download and install ( drag & drop ) in EFI / Clover / Kexts / Other folder
      AppleALC.kext ( from vit9696 ) Lilu.kext. ( from vit9696 ) CodecCommander.kext ( from RehabMan ) Edit config.plist with Clover Configurator.
      Devices / Audio Inject= 1. ( Asus Strix layout is 1, different Motherboard and audio chip ? -->supported codecs ) ResetHDA = True ( checked ) Acpi / Fixes / FixHDA = True (checked)

4.  Look in System Report to confirm working

Enable Nvidia HDMI Audio 

Thanks again to MaLd0n here on InsanelyMac for explaining and patching the VoodooHDA.kext with my Nvidia graphics card device ID. 

For Nvidia HDMI Audio, use VoodooHDA.kext, and keep AppleALC for ALCS1220A audio in kexts / other folder

Patch VoodooHDA

Download >>VoodooHDA.kext ( from autumnrain, slice2009, zenith432 ) Download >> DPCI Manager Right Click on VoodooHDA.kext and Show Package Contents Open Info.plist with Xcode  Finds IOKitPersonalities / VoodooHDA /  IOPCIClassMatch Change IOPCIClassMatch to IOPCIPrimaryMatch Use DPCI Manager to find  Device & Vendor ID's for your Graphics card ( example, NVIDIA GTX 1080ti the value is 0x10ef10de ) Insert the value for your NVIDIA Card Place patched VoodooHDA.kext in EFI /Clover /Kexts / Other folder

Sound before Patch:

Sound after Patch:

USB PORT FIX

Ports fix Is required for potential ports conflicts and bugs with sleep, restart and shutdown.
      Continuing to use the port limit patch can cause problems as it causes access outside a fixed array bounds. 
      Access outside a fixed array bound can result in other memory locations being overwritten, those other memory locations will contain data that you don't won't overwritten!. So the port limit patch is not recommended for long term use. Ports limit patch is good for macOS USB installer purpose. Ports limit patch is disabled in my POST INSTALL EFI folder.

Below is the USB ports limit patch shown in clover configurator:

FIX

Note, external 2x USB2 ports HS09 and HS10 are deliberately disabled to get port count below 15.

If you have a different motherboard you can use IORegistryExplorer for port discovery and eliminate some ports to get below the 15 port limit. You can create an SSDT for port limit to use with USBInjectAll.kext. Or, If you are not keen on creating the SSDT file, then you can use "uia_exclude=" boot flag in config.plist and have USBInjectAll.kext exclude those ports.

Rehabman has a great guide on port discovery & SSDT. >>Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

When you know what ports you want to eliminate, then you would set custom boot flags using "uia_exclude=" in config.plist.  USBInjectAll.kext would then ignore those ports listed by "uia_exclude=" boot flag.

Example: using "uia_exclude=" boot flag to keep USB port below 15
      uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10

If you have Asus Z370-G as per this guide then don't use custom boot flags  as it's already done with SSDT-UIAC.aml

Disable Ports Limit Patch:

SSDT-UIAC.aml ( USB PORTS FIX )
      My ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI with Bluetooth card is installed in motherboard slot: PCIE_X1_2 
      the ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI with Bluetooth card USB cable is attached on internal USB1112 header (HS12) on the motherboard.

If you have a Wifi card with Bluetooth in a  different PCIE slot then remove SSDT-UIAC.aml from 
      EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED and download SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl and change HS12 for appropriate port and save 
      SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl as ACPI Machine Language Binary and place file in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED.

IMESSAGES

This worked for me on my first attempt, I suggest using an Apple WiFi  card for hassle free iMessages etc...

I'm using an original >> Apple BCM943602CS WIFI+bluetooth module and adapter, this has native support in macOS High Sierra and needs no kexts / drivers. It works out of the box! 

If you can't get a hold of this card used in this build, then try sourcing a PCIe adapter and fitting an iMac WiFi card to it.

Purchase adapter on >> Ebay or Amazon 
      Apple iMac WiFi card, part Number >> 607-8967

Or use a MacBook Air WiFi card & adapter, it would directly replace the Asus Wifi card and free up PCIe slots.

Configure iMessages with the Clover Configurator

SMBIOS / Generate New SMBIOS Profile for iMac 18,3  Check >> Serial number generated is not in use!"

3.   System Parameters / Custom UUID ( Generate New )

4.    Rt Variables / ROM ( Generate from SMBIOS or System )

Windows drivers for Apple WiFi and Bluetooth devices.

If you are dual booting with Windows and you are using an Apple WiFi / Bluetooth card like the one suggested above.
      Then chances are you won't have Windows drivers. 

The drivers can be obtained by downloading Windows support from Bootcamp.

Launchpad / Other ---> Bootcamp Assistant.  

ABOUT MY MAC

"About my Mac" will show CPU as unknown.

Fix :

Download >>TextWrangler ( use Text Wrangler, as other editors output code differently )

1.    Copy and paste command into Terminal to open English.lproj directory:
      open . /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/

2.   Edit AppleSystemInfo.strings using Text Wrangler.

Edit from:
      <key>UnknownCPUKind</key> <string>Unknown</string>          Edit to:

<key>UnknownCPUKind</key> <string>3,2 GHz Intel Core i7-8700(6-Cores)</string>

POWER MANAGEMENT

There is now no need for ssdtPRgen.sh generated SSDT.aml for Haswell CPU and newer. 
      Power management can be configured in config.plist with Clover Configurator.

Acpi / Generate Options / PluginType = True ( tick )

2.  Boot / Argument / -xcmp = True ( tick )

Test Power Management using Piker-Alpha's AppleIntelInfo.kext

Compile source or >> download >> AppleIntelInfo.kext.zip 

Use AppleIntelInfo.kext as per Piker-Alpha's  >> instructions

1. Save AppleIntelInfo.kext to desktop.

2. Using Terminal and change directory to Desktop
      cd Desktop/ 3. Enter following commands and press Enter.
      sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelInfo.kext sudo chmod -R 755 AppleIntelInfo.kext sudo kextload AppleIntelInfo.kext 3. View output
      sudo cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat sudo kextunload AppleIntelInfo.kext

HWMONITOR

Using ESP Pro or Terminal, mount EFI / ESP partition and place kexts RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-1017 package into Clover / Kexts / Extra folder. Shutdown and restart computer. Copy and Paste HWMonitor App to Applications / Utilities.

Download >> RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-1017 package ( from RehabMan )

MEMORY 

Any  unrecognised System Memory ( Dual Channel setup etc ) can easily be set with the Clover Configurator.

Example:

BACKUP / RESTORE WITH CARBON COPY CLONER CCC5

Make Backup

1. Download and install >> Carbon Copy Cloner CCC5 
      2. Attach an external USB drive.

3. Use Disk Utility and format external drive, create GUID partition map and APFS volume named Hackintosh.
      *Give Backup a different name from your main system drive to avoid confusion when performing a restore. So, my drive is Macintosh & backup is Hackintosh *

4. Open Carbon Copy Cloner.
      5. Set Source as your High Sierra system drive, my drive is named Macintosh.
      6. Set Destination as your external USB drive named Hackintosh.

7. Click Clone button.

Restore Backup

1. Attach macOS High Sierra Installer USB drive.
      2. Attach external USB backup drive that contains the bootable backup you made.
      3. Boot PC and press F8 and boot from external macOS High Sierra Installer USB drive.
      4. From Clover boot menu choose Boot macOS from Hackintosh.

5. It may take a few minutes to boot High Sierra from your external USB drive.
      6. Launch Carbon Copy Cloner.
      7. Source should be external USB drive named Hackintosh.
      8. Destination should be your High Sierra installation drive. I named my drive Macintosh. 

9. Click Clone button.

Test Backup

1. Follow steps 1 to 4 from Restore Backup.

DSDT

Thanks to MaLdon for taking the time to produce the DSDT for the Asus Strix Z370-G, the list of the patches can be viewed at the download link below.

** Only use the DSDT if you have the Asus Z370-G Strix Motherboard with BIOS update ver 0430 **
      Download DSDT here from >> MaLd0n  Place DSDT.aml inside EFI / Clover / ACPI / patched folder Open config.plist with Clover Configurator In Clover Configurator  Acpi /  Generate Options / set PluginType as False ( no check ) Reboot computer System Report before:

System Report after:

Done     

AppleIntelInfo.kext.zip

• By ErmaC
      This is EFI-based bootloader for BIOS-based computers created as a replacement to EDK2/Duet bootloader http://www.tianocore.org.
      To compile it needs to place Clover sources into edk2/ folder.

Features:
      using UEFI BIOS or own CloverEFI
      default boot after timeout into previous chosen OS
      customizable GUI: themes support, own icons, fonts, background image, animated pictures, mouse pointers.
      F1 - multilingual help, depending on language in config
      saving preboot.log from GUI by typing F2 and system.log for debug
      save original (OEM) ACPI tables by pressing F4
      test DSDT patching with F5
      save videoBIOS into EFI/misc by pressing F6
      saving screenshots from GUI typing F10
      CD/DVD eject by F12 and refresh menu after CD insertion
      change GUI resolution by PgUp/PgDown
      save BOOT0000 option to NVRAM (like bcfg in Shell)
      call to Shell.efi
      native screen resolution in GUI
      scroll bar if screen resolution is too low for menu
      theme database http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Theme-database
      Clover wiki: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home
      Clover on ProjectOSX : http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2562
      Clover on InsanelyMac: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/327-clover/