• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Micky1979
      ESP Mounter Pro is a new top bar application to manage your EFI System Partition(s). You can mount or umount any ESP you have on any disk you have directly from its popover window.

**ESP Mounter Pro v1.9.1 / Require 10.9 +, works good in Mojave!** http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6516  
      NEW: since v1.4 can mount/umount all partitions you have, for example each Recovery HD partitions you have also!!

This app use advanced APIs to perform all operations and no AppleScript or scripts are used: only code!

New: Dark Mode support (automatic switching):

Retina Display Support!

Require 10.9 +, works good in macOS Sierra!

//
      // Created by Micky1979 on 15/06/16.
      // Copyright © 2016 Micky1979 & InsanelyMac. All rights reserved.
      //

app icon by Mirone (thanks)

Does not show an EFI Partition if your disk is not GPT (or if smaller than 1GB). Cannot mount it if corrupted!.
    • By Slice
      Now I want to add vector graphics support in Clover. See rev 4560 and later.
      It is not working yet but designers may begin to create Vector Themes.
      It supposed to consist of SVG elements and has design size. It will be rendered to any screen size scaled from design size.

What application in macOS can create SVG graphics?
      Inkscape is not working in macOS 10.11+. Pity.
      LibreOffice Draw works with SVG but buggy.
      Boxy SVG cost 10$ but looks good enough. It creates the best in simplicity files and have more then enough features.
      Illustrator is good but expensive.

How to improve SVG file?
      Clover has restricted support for SVG. It is your job to make compatible file and as small as possible to speedup rendering.
      Some helps:
      Help:Inkscape – From invalid to valid SVG Inkscape files
      From invalid to valid SVG Adobe Illustrator files
      From invalid to valid SVG files of other editors: BKchem, ChemDraw and CorelDRAW
      Help:Illustrator – Assistance with creating and saving SVG images in Adobe Illustrator that will pass W3C validation
      User:Quibik/Cleaning up SVG files manually
      Later I will write own instructions specific to Clover abilities.

How to create SVG fonts?
      You can google to find ready-to-use SVG fonts.  I found some problems with too beaty fonts: slow rendering and overflow crash. Be careful.
      You can get ttf or otf fonts and convert them into svg by using online WEB services. Not a problem to google.
      But then I want to find a way to simplify the font to reduce a size and speedup rendering.
      You can create own font by FontForge It is opensource and available for Windows, Mac and GNU+Linux. It creates otf font which you can convert to svg font.

Pictures from Badruzeus
      https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=301597
    • By apianti
      Just so you all know I actually have done something. I have pushed the source to both my github and to sourceforge, please commit to the experimental branch and I will merge it into the stable branch once it is safe. Also, nothing meaningful happens yet so don't get too excited. Only the Visual studio build works right now. I haven't set up the Xcode or Makefile builds yet, I'm trying to do them now.

https://github.com/apianti/Clover
      https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/Clover

IA32/X64/ARM/ARM64 testing ISO (6/7/2018): Clover-3.0-experimental.iso
    • By ErmaC
      Slice is glad to present a new EFI bootloader.

CLOVER
      Now version 2 rEFIt based.

It is open source based on different projects: Chameleon, rEFIt, XNU, VirtualBox. The main is EDK2 latest revision.
      I also want to thank all who help Slice with the development. Credits and copyrights remain in the sources.
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/?source=directory
      There is a WIKI 
      http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/
      Main features:

If you have a question please provide outputs from DarwinDumper (formed from Trauma tool). Thanks Trauma!
      Continued by blackosx and STLVNUB.
      Post#2 CloverGrower - create Clover by yourself Post#3 Downloads Post#4 Installation of the bootloader Post#5 How to do UEFI boot Post#6 How to use - common words Post#7 Calculator for Automatic DSDT fix Post#8 Instructions for GraphicsInjector Post#9 ATIConnector patching Post#10 Any kexts patching with some Samples Post#11 CustomEDID Post#12 Hiding unnecessary menu entries Post#13 Instruction for DSDT corrections to do DeviceInjection works Post#14 Development Post#15 Themes Post#16 About kexts injection Post#17 Instructions for P- and C-states generator Post#18 Patching DSDT to get Sleep working Post#19 CPU settings and geekbench Post#20 ACPI tables loading Post#21 DSDTmini Post#22 Custom SMBios Post#23 F.A.Q. Post#24 iCloudFix Post#25 Using mouse. Post#26 How to make orange icons to be metallic Post#27 How to make software RAID (by Magnifico) Post#28 How to modify InstallESD.dmg (by shiecldk) Post#29 Config.plist settings Post#30 Using extra kexts and skipping kernelcache Post#31 Choosing EFI drivers Post#32 Configuration files Post#33 Automatic config.plist creating Post#34 Custom DSDT patches Post#35 How to do sleep/wake working with UEFI BOOT Post#36 DeviceID substitution (FakeID) Post#37 Using Custom OS Icons Post#38 Hibernation Post#39 Floating regions Post#41 Property List Editor Post#42 Blocking Bad Kext Post#43 AAPL,slot-name Post#44 FakeCPUID for unsupported CPU Post#45 Multiple Boot Options - to write into UEFI BIOS boot menu Post#46 How to install Windows UEFI Post#47 How to speedup Clover boot Post#48 Info.plist patching Post#49 Arbitrary device injection Post#50 Non-Standard Legacy Boot Files Post#51 Reboot to Windows UEFI from Mac OSX Post#52 Deprecated Features Post#53 Using UDK2018 Post#54 Device Properties -----------------

Slice:
      I edited all posts in the thread to correspond to actual Clover revision.
      Please install Clover at least 2652 and use new instructions.
    • By frankiee
      Hi there, time for my first guide after asking so many things

Updated for newer Clover versions and with additional instructions for more apps: gdisk and RU.

So what may be overlooked sometimes in the whole boot loader discussion is the ability of UEFI to do more than just loading an OS. This is why I see ".efi" files as "apps" because in fact they just are, built on a special kind of API: UEFI. So, you can actually do stuff like editing, diagnosing, testing certain stuff at the lowest possible system level without booting to any OS.

DISCLAIMER: Use this guide at your own risk! For educational purposes only! Should do not any harm, but remember you are dealing with rather low level stuff. But at least for me everything went flawless.

Prerequisites:
      Working clover installation Clover Configurator or some app to edit the config.plist  
      1) Memtest

This is how to install the UEFI version of Memtest with Clover:
      Download memtest, I used this link: Image for creating boot-able USB Drive Open the archive by double clicking on it. Mount the file memtest86-usb.img within by double clicking again. Now, you should see a folder named EFI in this volume, containing a folder BOOT. Open it. The files containing it are the actual app, in 32 and 64 bit versions. Think in almost all cases we want to use the 64 bit version. Now, mount your EFI partition, using Clover configurator. Create a folder named MemTest86 in the EFI folder on your main drive. Copy all files in the EFI/BOOT folder from the mounted image to your newly created folder. That ends the basic setup! Now, we add the correct Menu entry to the clover boot menu, so that we can actually start this app.

Get into clover configurator, open your standard config.plist from your boot drive and go to the GUI section. Under "Custom Entries", add an entry like this:

Please note while the path you enter is not case sensitive, you must make sure you use the backslash "\" for entering paths, and not a slash. So basically what we do is tell clover where it can find the app, give it a name, and tell clover it is a "Windows" app. Note: with older Clover versions we had to set this to "Linux", but for now "Windows" is the setting that works.

If you prefer to do a manual config, add this entry to your config.plist, under GUI/Custom/Entries:
      <dict> <key>CustomLogo</key> <true/> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>FullTitle</key> <string>MemTest86</string> <key>Hidden</key> <false/> <key>Ignore</key> <false/> <key>Image</key> <string>\EFI\CLOVER\themes\Icons\os_mint.png</string> <key>Path</key> <string>\EFI\MemTest86\BOOTX64.efi</string> <key>Type</key> <string>Windows</string> <key>VolumeType</key> <string>Internal</string> </dict> Now, save and reboot and you should see the newly created entry. Note that I also used a custom Icon - this is optional - in case you don't you will just see a generic windows icon instead:

And this is how it looks like:

PS: also noticeably faster and you get also more features with this version than with the older version, for example it does now write a log file. For more Information, see: http://www.passmark.com/forum/showthread.php?4315-Memtest86-Version-5-Beta-%28Pure-UEFI%29

2) gdisk

Another app you can use is the UEFI version of gdisk (aka GPT fdisk), which you can use to edit and change your partitions.

Warning! Install and use this app at your own risk! If you do something wrong here you might nuke your drive(s), so only use that if you know what you are doing.

This is how to do it (even easier):
      Download here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gptfdisk/files/gptfdisk/1.0.1/gdisk-binaries/gdisk-efi-1.0.1.zip/download Mount your EFI partition Unzip the file and copy the resulting folder to your EFI Folder, so your path goes like this "/Volumes/EFI/EFI/gdisk-efi" Get into clover configurator, open your standard config.plist from your boot drive and go to the GUI section. Add an entry like this:  
      If you prefer to do a manual config, add this entry to your config.plist, under GUI/Custom/Entries:
      <dict> <key>CustomLogo</key> <false/> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>FullTitle</key> <string>GDisk</string> <key>Hidden</key> <false/> <key>Ignore</key> <false/> <key>Image</key> <string></string> <key>Path</key> <string>\EFI\gdisk-efi\gdisk_x64.efi</string> <key>Type</key> <string>Windows</string> <key>VolumeType</key> <string>Internal</string> </dict> When everything went OK you should see this after selecting the respective entry in Clover:

3) RU

I recently found one more app that might be interesting to some, and thats "Read Universal" or in short "RU". This is a tool that enables you to debug your BIOS and read (and modify!) every imaginable data, including UEFI variables, ACPI Tables etc.

Warning, again! I think blindly messing around with this app is even more dangerous, but on the other hand it gives you access to a lot of potentially interesting stuff.
      Download here: http://ruexe.blogspot.de/ The next steps are basically the same as above so make a folder in your EFI partition, copy the .EFI files and make another custom entry in your config.plist Here are some screens:

So this is what you also can do with UEFI and clover. I am curious which other useful applications might exist!

Anybody who knows, maybe post it here?