Problem install/boot OS X on a Acer Aspire 5310

Wrathlolz

5 posts in this topic

Hi all ! I've a problem with my Acer Aspire 5310, i've Snow Leopard on it (iAtkos S3) and works great, but i wanted to upgrade it to ML so i've downloaded iAtkos ML3, installed the bootloader on the USB key etc.. When the choice of the boot path appears, i select the USB key, but for install ML3 i must type "-x" or it gets stuck (Don't remember the line) (-v is ALWAYS enabled, i'll not mention it)
So, installation done, i reboot the PC and then, i boot on the HDD from the USB Key, still with the x bootflag, install Chameleon etc.. And when i try to boot FROM the HDD, it doesn't work, i get stuck at "Appleintelpiixpata secondary pci ide channel is disabled", and when i boot with the -x, still FROM the HDD, i'm stuck at the line "SMC : Sucessfully initialized" and don't boot.. I'm stuck with these 2 lines, can't boot from the HDD but with the USB key and the -x bootflag, that works.

I've tried many many bootflag ; npci=0x2000/3000 - cpus=1 - busratio=xx - GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No - USBBusFix=Yes/No still the same result.. So, i'm asking some help here. I hope you'll help me.

Thanks guys and sorry for my bad english.

your bios is set to AHCI ? use this flag. rd=disk0s1 or the problem can be if your bios use mode IDE, if is ID you need edit with device to your chipset

EX: if is SATA EDIT AppleAHCI.kext, if is ID EDIT Appleintelpiixpata.kext

00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak 6 port SATA AHCI Controller [8086:3b22] (rev 05)

Yep & Yep ! I'll try to edit the ID's for my HDD in the kexts, i'm actually restoring ML on the USB key.

EDIT : I'm trying to edit my AppleAHCIport.kext, but can you tell me where i should put the ID that i've got for my SATA port with the command LSPCI -nn ?

EDIT 2 : I got the problem, trying to modify the kext, save it, repair disk and reboot..

EDIT 3 : Same {censored}, still stuck at "Appleintelpiixpata secondary pci ide channel is disabled"

EDIT 4 : Stuck at "[PCI Configuration end]" but now i can boot from the USB key to the HDD without the "-x" bootflag..