MSI P67A-GD55(B3) [MS7681] Core i5 -> 99.9% success

4 posts in this topic

After much trial and error, I am 99.9% to a full MSI ML 10.8.4 install success.

I am using a patched DSDT, a patched SSDT (which I believe is named incorrectly, as I am not getting turbo mode) -- will try fixing tonight with ssdtPRGen.sh

I am running the system without AppleGraphicsPowerManagement at the moment, but might reinstate this with replaced DeviceID's for GTX650.

I have just discovered PMPatch, and two BIOS files for my system (not embedded in exe installers), which gives me native speedstep, and lets me dump NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (hooray) and possibly even EvoReboot. Should be able to disable RebootFix in Chimera boot.plist too.

I have a lot to test out, and may need to start fresh, as I probably have too many patched kexts for (currently non-working) Sleep.

I will post a new howto should I get this going (with download links).

Cheers.

OK, here's an update:

I now have sleep working on 4xUSB 2.0 ports on the rear of the case, and the two USB3.0 on the rear of the case, and the USB3.0 motherboard header is connected to card-reader in front of case, ALL SLEEPING PERFECTLY, and WORKING AFTER WAKE.

Things that AREN'T WORKING:

USB2.0 motherboard header (only have ONE - WTF?) is connected to two USB ports in case. Drives are not ejected cleanly, and the error message appears on Wake!

two top USB2.0 ports on rear of case do not eject/wake cleanly either.

If someone thinks a simple DSDT edit might fix this, please let me give you my DSDT to work from. Reply, or I will post a free file sharing link shortly. Also, let me know if you need a clean DSDT, as I have heavily patched my version... As long as the USB section is sorted, I should be able to reapply the rest of the patches by trial-and-error.

I am using SleepEnabler for 10.7/10.8 without parameters. Is there a patch for this (for this many USB ports)??? or a parameter for 10.8.4???

Apart from that, I am using the LATEST available BIOS patched with PMPatch, and native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext. I know that SpeedStep is working, as the temperature changes dramatically when idle. It still takes a fair while before switching states though!?

PS. The five or six apps that wouldn't launch, are now launching fine. The only remaining app I am having difficulty with is Suitcase Fusion 14/15. I have this working on a real Mac, might just copy ALL associated files and db over to Hackintosh.

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

themacmeister

OK, an update to the update...

It appears that the rear USB3.0 is not successfully sleeping, as thought before :(

I will revert to rear USB2.0, and put the keyboard/mouse in the top two ports.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

STOP PRESS:

I am getting $1K about November, going to go all-out and fill this thing with a CustoMac build via NewEgg and TonyMacX86.

Cheers.

• 8 months later...